7 Minutes In Heaven? Really?

Jonathan Toews

"Em!!! Get a move on! We're all going over to Tazer's place!" Patrick Kane shouted through our apartment. That's right, I share an apartment with Patrick Kane of the Chicago Blackhawks.

"I'm coming Patrick! Geez!" I shouted, coming out of my room with my jacket wrapped in my arm. "What are we even going to do over there anyway?" I asked as we walked out the door.

"That is for us to know, and for you to find out, Missy," he replied slyly. He was talking about my other 2 Blackhawks best friends, Brent Seabrook and Patrick Sharp.

"Oh boy. I don't want to find out then. You three are going to get me killed somehow. We're stopping to pick up Emma, right?" I asked as we got into Patrick's car.

"Yes, we're stopping for her, and ouch. That hurt Emily. How would we possibly get you killed? We just want our 2 best friends to finally get together, that's all," he said, clutching his heart in fake hurt, staring at me sadly.

"Yeah, well, good luck with that, bud. He doesn't feel that way about me. I know it," I said sadly, turning to face him.

"You don't know that. He talks about you all the time. It's always Emily this or Emily that. It gets really annoying, to be perfectly honest," he chuckled, pulling up to Emma's house. I quickly ran up to her door, and waited for her to come out. Then we were on our way to Jonathan's house.

"So, are a few certain people going to be getting together tonight?" she asked cheekily, looking right at me with a huge stupid smile on her face.

"Oh my God Emma. Really? Do we really have to get into this again? I just went over this with this one," I said, pointing at Patrick.

"Fine, we won't get into it. But seriously, he really does like you." She dropped it after that, and we enjoyed the rest of the drive to Jonathan's place in silence.

Jonathan's Apartment----

"Everybody, the party has arrived!" Patrick shouted as we walked through the door to Jonathan's apartment. I just sighed and shook my head at Patrick's stupidity. 'This is going to be a long night,' I thought to myself.

"Hey man, glad you could make it!" Jonathan said, doing his weird man-hug thing with Patrick. "Hey, Emma, good to see you," he said, giving her a small side-hug. "Hi Emily," he said nervously, almost as if he wanted to say something else. Then he came over to me and gave me a big hug.

"Alright, now that everyone is here, write something on a piece of paper," Sharpie said, handing out small slips of paper to everyone but Emma and myself.

"Why don't we get any paper?" I asked nervously. I thought I already knew the answer, I just hoped to God I was wrong.

"Because, my little green-eyed friend, we are going to play 7 Minutes in Heaven," Sharpie answered, as he put the hat that had the slips of paper in my face. "You go first, Kiddo." Then Seabs came up behind me and tied a bandanna around my eyes.

"Pick a piece of paper Emily," Seabs said, excited like a little kid getting ice cream from the ice cream man.

"Yeah, um, about that. I can't find the hat, you idiot," I said sarcastically. Then I felt the hat touch my hand.

"There, you found the hat. Now pick a piece already!" I could tell that was Kaner that yelled at me.

"Alright, alright. Geez." I reached my hand in and pulled out a piece. "Here, happy? Who did I get?" No one answered, but I felt myself get picked up and was moving somewhere. Then I heard a door open, I was put down, and heard the door close again.

"You're about to find out sweety!" Emma yelled through the door. Then I heard the door open and close again.

I felt someone touch my cheek, but they didn't say anything. "Who is it?" I asked, but I didn't get an answer. Instead, I felt the person's lips on mine in a sweet kiss. It lasted for what felt like forever before he finally took the bandanna off my eyes. I opened them, and was face to face with Jonathan Toews. He was smiling at me, and I immediately started smiling too.

"You? But how? Was I set up? I'm so sorry," I stammered, trying to get out of the closet. He blocked my way, and pulled me into his lap, kissing me again.

"I've been wanting to tell you for so long, but I never knew how. I went to Sharpie, Seabs and Kaner to help me set this up. I'm the one who should be sorry. I...I love you, Emily."

"Really? I don't believe it. I love you too, Jonathan." The he pulled me into the most mind-blowing kiss I had ever had. I knew then that we would always be together.