Status: just getting started :)

A Pirate's Life for Her

Chapter 1

Maeve took a deep breath on the Forecastle Deck. She was on the Velvet Horizon, the ship she had been the captain of for years after leaving home at the age of 13.
“Mad Bill.” She boomed turning around in her heels.
“Yes Cap’n?” The old buccaneer asked bowing down first.
“We’ll have to go full speed ahead, this is a mermaid zone, you never what’s comin’.” Maeve said softly, slowly walking to the main deck.
“Of course m’lady.” Mad Bill said with a spark in his eyes.
As Maeve made her way to her cabin with her heels making thumping sounds, Mad Bill boomed to the full group of buccaneers,
“FULL SPEED AHEAD!” The crowd jolted up a little bit, working like they would walk the plank if they didn’t. Oh well, maybe they would walk the plank if they didn’t.
Maeve walked to her rudder steered it a little. She held her head up, towards the horizon. It was a beautiful day, the sea was still and the sky was all blue. She took a deep breath of salt, wind and water.
“Charming..” she murmured. “Fetch me a bottle of rum will ya Joe!” she shouted to her first mate. Joe has been her first mate for years, they were friends while they were still landlubbers.
In a few minutes, Maeve was taking big gulps from her rum.
“It’s a boring day, eh?” said Joe, leaning against the mast. “It is, Joe, very boring..” answered Maeve gazing around the open sea view, “Too boring...” .
She didn’t know that soon, the boring time would end.
“Cap’n! There’s another ship far in the horizon!” heard Maeve , her buccaneer Sleepless Beaton shout.
Her hands clenched harder around her rudder.
“It’s a Royal British ship, Cap’n, a good one I see, arr..” Beaton shouted again.
Maeve bit her lip and darted her empty rum bottle to the sea. “Mateys, işte get ready for some serious clash, it’s ought to be a fantastic ride!” she yelled to her men slightly chuckling.
The crew ran around the ship with excitement, finally some action.
Maeve knew the British very well, they never liked pirates, and pirates never liked them.
However she knew how to deal with them, “Time for a bit fun, I gather...” she said to herself silently, smiling.
Her right hand went down to her swords pommel, caressing it slowly.
“Charge in the count of three!” She yelled looking at Mad Bill. The old buccaneer slightly nodded grinning ear to ear.
“ 1!” Mad Bill yelled giving everyone chills.
“2!” Joe yelled glimpsing at his Cap’n.
“3!” Maeve yelled and the cannons fired and the bombs flew away, shooting their target. Only two was successful though, one had pierced through the Fore Topsail as the other one went directly to the main deck. The British were furious. They changed their direction, going full speed to the Velvet Horizon. Maeve got to the rudder on time, saving the ship. The two ships were now parallel to eachother. One going forward and one going backwards. Some pirates jumped on the other ship and some British jumped to the Velvet Horizon. Maeve laughed loudly and took out her sword. The British soldiers launched at her. She swiftly dodged them then slaughtered them.
“Is this all you got?” She asked loudly. She was clearly afraid of nothing
“Never.” Someone answered behind her.
Maeve’s eyes got bigger, how did that person get behind her back? Oh well, that scallywag was going down. Maeve turned around quickly making a move, but the attacker used his sword as a shield.
The Attacker was absolutely gorgeous, Maeve couldn’t deny that. His skin was tanned and his caramel hair went perfectly to his skin. His green eyes were clouded, probably caused by the fight.
“A female captain? Well that’s a thing I haven’t seen.” Clash.
“Then you’ve missed a lot you scurvy dog!” Another clash.
The two were both exceptional in sword fighting. They both dodged every move swiftly. Then Maeve had an idea. She needed a few seconds though. She stepped on his feet, backed away and turned her sword so the swords pommel would face the opponent. She hit his face by the side, which made him fall down to the ground. His sword fell next behind him. Maeve quickly got the sword and put both tips of the swords on his neck. Then she realized something on the pommel of his sword. A crown was embarked.
“A royal, eh? This must be me lucky day.” She said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please do comment , we're waiting for you guys' opinions!

thanks

bookworm-wicked