Status: just getting started :)

A Pirate's Life for Her

Chapter 6

Maeve finally gave up kicking around and screaming. Her throat was burning and her body was aching. How could her crew do this to her? Her OWN crew. How dare did they start a mutiny! Yes, this did count as a mutiny.
Maeve wasn’t going to give up, she was the captain of this ship for years, she owned the ship and every tiny thing in it. And a loyal crew wouldn’t just put her in a potato sack like this.
She could barely breathe in it and sweat was all over her body. There were ropes, tied around the sack, she could feel them.
So what was it? Was it her relationship with Landon? They didn’t even HAVE a relationship! How could they accuse her for something this stupid. “Fool bastards!” she whispered in anger.
“Oh shut up!”
It was Joe! She was guarded by Joe, her best friend, her first mate.
Now she really did felt betrayed.
“Joe, get me out of here! What is this all about, you sea dogs?!” she cried.
No answer came for a few minutes. “Answer me sailor! I AM STILL YOUR CAPTAIN!” she said this time more fiercely.
“We’re taking you to the Brethren Court.”
Maeve swallowed her words. No. No no no no . No. Hell to the no.
She stuttered, what did that mean?
“I .. I don’t understand Joe. Joe, why, the Brethren Court? Come on! Is this so much of a big deal!”
Maeve never felt herself this scared and this weak. She tried to pull herself back up but no, she couldn’t. They couldn’t take her to the Brethren Court, that was too much for her to handle.
“It is Maeve! You’re almost selling your mates and ship and your destination for a charming loyal landlubber!” Joe sounded wounded, angry almost ...
Maeve closed her eyes, she couldn’t breath anymore, sweat was dripping from the tip of her nose.
“I’m not selling anything...” she moaned.
“Leave it Maeve, you’re going to the Court.”
Suddenly anger bursted through her veins and Maeve swung her legs around, “NO! NO! I am your CAPTAIN ! GET ME OUT, THIS IS AN ORDER!” she shrieked.
There was a minute of silence, for a moment , Maeve thought she was going free.
But then, she only heard Joe laugh, carelessly.
For the first time in her life, Maeve found herself crying. She was actually, crying. Tears wouldn’t stop mixing with her sweat.
She was too weak now to fight any longer. Her body wasn’t moving and her mind was a blur. Without another chance to fight for her freedom, she fainted.

All the ship was silent. Every member of the crew were snoring and talking in their sleeps, in their hammocks. Except a young sailor on the rudder and Landon.
Landon knew that this was wrong, this was very wrong. He was worried about Maeve actually and he didn’t even know why. He never did understand pirates. Maybe this whole voyage would actually help him understand, eh? He knew the British Navy was looking for him he was the bloody prince after all.
Then the truth struck him, an innocent person was facing danger because of him. He looked at the pirate in the rudder. He snickered without the pirate noticing and started to make his way downstairs. A pirate was guarding the captain. Well, he was sleeping after all. Landon nudged the captains shoulder making her wake up. She groaned and asked softly,
“What?”
“It’s Landon. I’m here to discuss with you.”
“If you want to discuss why won’t you just take this bloody sack off me!” She whispered harshly.
He nodded unaware of the fact that Captain Maeve wouldn’t see it anyways. He loosened the knot and got the sack of the captain.
“What do you want to “discuss”?”
“I believe there must be a way to get you out of this mess.”
“And why would you help me?” She hissed.
“I feel guilty.”
“You shouldn’t be.” Captain said sighing and she plopped herself backwards. After a few long seconds Landon asked,
“So what’s going to happen to you?”
“They’re taking me to Brethern Court.”
“Brethern Court? It’s the place The British has been looking for at least 6 centuries! Taking me there is a wrong decision.”
“Oh, The Brethern Court is definitely not afraid of The British. They’re just a group of landlubbers according to them.” Landon felt slightly insulted but he let it wash away.
“There has to be something I can do!” cried Landon hopelessly.
Maeve sighed once again and rolled her eyes. “You don’t get it at all, do you?” she said looking at him, then continued; “They’re taking me to the Brethren Court, if you set me free, the situation will only get worse! I’ll deal with this. I have to deal with this or else, I will have to deal with the consequences, which is quite impossible.”
Landon held his head in his hands and thought of some good idea that would help them both.
What did he got himself into?
“They have no mercy, Landon.” Said Maeve. She had suddenly felt bad for making him feel guilty.
Joe, guarding Maeve moved his head and murmured something in his sleep ... something like ; “Let her go...”
They both jumped to the sound of his voice.
“He might awake soon. GO now, everything will be fine Landon.”
“How much time do we have until we arrive at the Court?”
Maeve leaned back and thought, maybe a week? No, definitely less than a week.
“A few days , I assure you. Now tie me back into the sack so they won’t understand anything.”
Landon put the sack back on her head, tied the ropes around it and stood up, slowly walking towards the door.
“Landon” whispered Maeve more silently than she did before, Landon turned back and said “ Yes?” .
Maeve took a deep breath, closed her eyes and whispered back , “Thank you.”
Landon smiled to himself and said “Good night.” Before leaving to the deck.
♠ ♠ ♠
keep reading and don't be a silent reader ;)