Status: just getting started :)

A Pirate's Life for Her

Chapter 7

Maeve knew she had to convince the Brethren Court she was innocent. She simply had no other choice that would keep her alive.
She wondered what her crew would tell the Court, they could exaggerate the situation as much as they could, how could do this? What was the purpose?

No, she couldn't waste more time wondering why.
She knew she could get out of that sack, deal with the crew, shoot some of them down and get hold of her ship again, if she wanted to.

But a voice inside her head told her not to, she could not risk it, if she got caught again
-which was quite possible considering there were more than 15 strong and cruel men in her ship- the situation would only get worse and the court would only find her more guilty.

"Yes, " she thought "I can get myself out of this mess once i reach the court, they will find me innocent for sure!"

***

Days went by slowly. Maeve had nightmares each and every night. Landon did not come to visit her again.
The sea wasn't calm, the weather was mostly stormy. Like the Sea knew the danger that awaited Maeve.
She could hear her crew singing, shouting, fighting, eating loudly outside her cabin.
A few more days, and she was going to face the Brethren Court.

Although she trusted her innocence, she had started praying to Calypso for mercy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so, this is a short chapter but in the next one they will arrive at the Brethren Court ;)

thanks for reading !