‹ Prequel: A Burden

An Acceptance

LEGOLAS

Raina blinked up at Faramir in surprise.

“I… I heard what you said. Everything you said to me.”

She felt her face blush, the burns felt like they were on fire again, but she ignored it.

“You… you did?”

Faramir nodded before grimacing in pain.

“Are you okay?” she asked, trying to pull herself up, but too weak and too much in pain.

“I’m fine.”

Raina opened her mouth to argue, but Faramir wasn’t finished.

“I- I think that I- that I love you too,” he said slowly, but the tone of his voice wasn’t so that Raina got excited. “But I’m too old for you. You deserve a young Elf, one that you could live forever with. Not a Man whose years are numbered in the decades.”

Raina shook her head slowly. “I don’t care, Faramir, I don’t want them! I want you… only you…” she had pushed herself up so that she was kneeling over him, her long brown hair frazzled, soot all over her face, and tears spilling down her cheeks. But she was still beautiful to Faramir.

He opened his mouth to argue, but Raina wasn’t going to hear it. She bent down, slowly at first, before her lips brushed Faramir’s. It wasn’t that perfect kiss that every girl dreams of, for they had oil, soot, and burns all over them- but to them- it was pure magic.

But a soft groan escaped Raina’s lips, and she couldn’t hold herself up any longer. She fell unconscious on Faramir’s chest too soon. He blinked a few times before resting his trembling hand on her head, stroking the Elf’s tangled hair before the guards came to take them to the infirmary.

**

Raina woke up as the cold air from outside rushed over her body. It felt wonderful, but what was not wonderful was the sounds of the city being overrun by orcs. She pushed her head up to look to the outside: but no redeemer army stood there, ready to save Minas Tirith.

She sighed, and let herself be carried into the infirmary. Although she had been saved from the immediate threat of being burned alive, Raina could not see much hope for herself or any other soul in the White City.

**

The sun was breaking through the thin curtains in the hospital with Raina woke up. Blinking a few times, she looked down at her body. She was clean, and honestly, felt close to fine. Gandalf must have done something to help her recover. Maybe he would need her for the next battle…

Raina’s head jerked up at that thought, looking out into the streets through the window. There was no sound of fighting, but rather, people getting rid of bodies.

Her eyes widened in shock. How could they have…?

A voice stopped all thoughts in her mind.

“Yes, Little One, we did win. Good to know how little faith you have in us.”

Raina spun around, and in front of her stood her very best friend in the world, her newer brother.

LEGOLAS!” she shrieked, throwing herself at the Elf with all the strength she could muster.

He staggered back, laughing at the same time as he caught her in his arms.

“I thought… I thought….” she said, tears of joy pouring down her face.

“It’s okay… we drove them out… We still have a chance…” he whispered in her ear, his hand running through her hair affectionately.

She pulled away, looking at the Elf’s tired face. He looked like he had not gotten a nights rest since she had last seen him, and he obviously had not bother to wash after the battle before finding Raina.

“What happened?” she breathed in awe, and Legolas motioned for her to sit, for it was going to be a long story.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like to thank my lovely readers, bloodravyn (even though I don't know what I did to make you upset :( ) and Ice Cat, who are super duper awesome.

And Lady Dance, I'm sure you mean well and everything, but your messages are rather blunt, and I don't take to being told what to do. Sorry, love.