Cherish Forever

Number Five

By the time everyone was seated for dinner, most of the people had forgotten about Piper's little spaz-attack on Hermione. Everyone expect Piper. She hated to admit she was wrong, but she had over-reacted. She went upstairs to the dorm to put her things away, and then set off to the bathroom to find Hermione. On the way, she met Mojo, and she told Piper that she had the best prank for Malfoy, since she heard about what happened in DADA. Apparently, everyone had. No one had ever had the chance to knock Snape flat on his ass. Piper felt a strange sense of pride.

"So, Hermione is the bathroom, you think?" Mojo asked.

"Yeah," replied Piper. "I kind of went off on her when I shouldn't have, so I'm going to apologize."

"Oh," was the only reply.

They walked and talked until they reached the bathroom. Hermione was in there, but to Piper's surprise and relief, she wasn't crying. Hermione saw Piper and Mojo in the mirror, and turned around.

"Oh, Piper! I am really sorry! I wasn't accusing Harry of cheating-" Hermione started, but Piper cut her off.

"No, Hermione, this isn't your fault. I over-reacted. Friends?" Piper asked, as she held her arms out for a hug. Hermione smiled as the two hugged.

"Sorry to interrupt this picturesque moment, but it is dinner time and I am starving!" Mojo whined as her stomach gave a low growl. The three laughed and headed downstairs.

While they went downstairs to the Great Hall, they told Hermione of the plan they had for Malfoy. Hermione loved it.

"It's absolutely brilliant!" She squealed.

"Thanks. We had to put our heads together to sort out the final details, but it really came together," Mojo replied.

When they sat down at the Gryffindor table, all was as it should be. Everyone was laughing cheerily, as everyone asked Piper what it felt like to give it to Snape.

"Well," Piper started in familiar Irish drawl, "It was bloody brilliant! I was so sure he was going to knock me over but next thing I knew, voila! He had smashed into the desk. It was high-larious!" She recited, as the Gryffindor table erupted with laughter. Mojo nudged Piper in the ribs, which was the signal that it was time to put their fiendishly evil plan into action. Mojo got up and started walking to the doors, at the exact same time as Malfoy and his goons. She was picking up speed, and just before she reached the doors, Mojo ran into him, almost knocking him over.

"Watch where you're going, you freak!" Malfoy screamed, and the whole hall went silent and turned to watch the fireworks. Mojo put a dark look on her face, and started mumbling curses under her breath. Malfoy looked scared. He knew she did voodoo and he didn't like it. Piper stood up and walked quickly over to Malfoy.

"Well, really, you've done it now Malfoy! She is sending her ancestors back from the grave to haunt your for all eternity!" Piper cried, finding it very difficult not to laugh, but succeeded in not doing so.

"Quick!" She cried. "You have to do the ritual to reverse the spell!"

"I don't know what that is!" he cried anxiously. Piper suppressed a laugh. This was going exactly according to plan.

"Well, normally, you would have to cover yourself in a shovel full of graveyard dirt and a galleon of blood. But you don't have time to get those things!" Piper said, loving every minute of Malfoy squirming anxiously as he stared at Mojo, who was making her incantation as long as possible.

"Well, I guess you will just have to improvise..wait! I got it!" Piper cried excitedly, as she ran over to the Gryffindor table, all eyes on her. She picked up half of a chocolate cake and a pitcher of punch, and carefully balanced both as she ran to where Malfoy was slowing backing away from Mojo.

"Here. We can substitute. The cake will be the dirt, and the punch will be the blood. Now, you have to cover your-" But, Piper couldn't finish her sentence because Malfoy had already taken the food and began rubbing it all over himself. When he was finished, Piper began telling him the ritual to ward off spirits.

"Okay, first, you have to hop up and down on one foot, while spinning and caw like a crow," Piper giggled as Malfoy did exactly as he was told. The whole school, as a matter-of-fact, started laughing at the hilarious show that was being put on. Mojo had come out of her "trance" and said to Malfoy, "Now pat your tummy and swat your rump," Malfoy did this and then realized, the whole bloody school was laughing at him. There was no curse.

"You bloody little bitch! I am going to kill you!" Malfoy screamed at Piper, who was still laughing.

"I'd like to see you try Malfoy," And with that, her and Mojo turned to leave, only to have their exit block by Snape.

Well, well Austin and Brookes. What surprise. I can't believe it's you two causing this trouble." He said with a sarcastic sneer, "Both of you. Detention. Friday night. Austin, yours will be with me and Brookes, yours will be with Filch." And with that, he walked away, down into the dark hallway.

"Bloody Snape," Piper muttered under her breath while Mojo slew out a string of Korean curses. They walked back to their dorms in silence, said goodnight and Piper felt like she could actually fall asleep tonight.

-----

When Piper awoke, she was freezing cold. She hadn't yet opened her eyes, but she knew she hadn't left a window open. Last night, she had nicked some of Hermione's sleeping pills, a muggle pill to make you sleep, and it worked surprisingly well. She felt cold in only her short-shorts and over-sized Quidditch t-shirt. She didn't even have a blanket and the bed felt hard underneath her. Suddenly, there was cruel laughter and the bed started shaking and Piper thought she could hear..water!!! Piper shot up like a rocket and realized that she was stranded on a boat, in the middle of the lake, and the cruel laughter had come from none other than Malfoy, who was using a spell to tip the boat. There was only one emotion that flooded Piper's entire body: fear. Pure fear.
♠ ♠ ♠
The prank from this chapter is from a Lizzie MacGuire episode.