Cherish Forever

Number Six

Piper let out a terrified scream as she tried her best to stay on the boat. She clung on the sides as hard as she could, turning her knuckles white.

"What's wrong, Austin? Are you scared?" Malfoy laughed maniacally, "You pathetic little twit!"

Piper sent such a cold glare at Malfoy that if looks could kill, he would dead in less than a millisecond, "Get me out of here, Malfoy!"

"If that's what you wish," Malfoy gave Piper his smirk that made her want to choke him to death. All of a sudden, the boat tipped over, bringing Piper into the water.

Piper splashed about, trying hard to keep her head above the surface. Water filled her ears and entered her mouth, making Piper start to choke. All she could hear was muffled laughter as she slipped in and out of consciousness and finally fell below the surface. Maybe I'll finally get to see James in heaven, Piper thought.

As she fell further downwards, she felt something hard hit her head. A shooting pain entered her head. She felt arms wrap around her and drag her upwards. Her and whoever was holding on to her broke the surface and came on to solid ground. Piper tried to open her eyes, and she could see the blurry outline of a drenched Professor Snape calling her name.

-----

Blinding white lights forced Piper's eyes open. As soon as her vision cleared, she figured out she was in the Hospital Wing. Her head started pounding. She brought a hand up to it and felt bandages going around it. Memories of what had happened flooded her mind. She squeezed her eyes shut, as if that would help her major headache. She could hear people talking around her and someone was holding tightly onto her hand. She saw that it was Harry. She glanced out the window and saw it was still dark.

"Oh, Piper! We were so worried about you!" Hermione squealed, and she embraced her friend in a relieved and grateful hug, which Piper returned.

Piper looked around her hospital bed. Standing, and in Harry's case sitting, there was Harry, Ron, Hermione and Mojo. All of them looked fairly relieved and exhausted.

"When I woke up, I saw you weren't there and I panicked! What happened?" Hermione asked.

Piper explained to them what happened, not leaving out a single detail. When she mentioned Malfoy, she saw both Ron and Harry's knuckles clench and Hermione's face paled.

"I'm going to kill that stupid git," Ron vowed under his breath, and by the look on Harry's face, he did too. Mojo looked like she wanted to do real voodoo on Malfoy.

"So, Snape rescued you? Why would Snape rescue anyone who's not a Slytherin?" Harry said 'Snape' and 'Slytherin' with disgust.

"I don't know, mate," Piper replied honestly, though she was glad that it was him and not any other professor.

Madame Pomfrey scurried into the room, holding a small vile of green liquid. "For your headache, dear. It might sting as it's going down," she handed Piper the vile and went off back to her office.

Piper downed the liquid, almost spitting it back up. Madame Pomfrey was right. It stung. It did help her headache though, "So, did Malfoy get in loads of trouble?"

Harry and Ron both smirked as Hermione replied, "Detention for a month with Filch,"

"He deserves more than detention," Piper muttered.

Madame Pomfrey came back in the room, "Alright, that's enough. Miss Austin needs her rest!"

Harry, Ron, Hermione and Mojo all hugged Piper and left. Piper lay in her bed, staring at the ceiling. After about 10 minutes, she finally fell into a deep sleep.