One shots and others wonders

I wish for a happy ending

We where young when we met. Him 18 and me, 16. I couldn't love him more. I watched as the months flew by and we grew closer and closer to each other. The months continued to pass as I watched myself fall in love with the boy I met six months ago. we where inseparable and everyone knew that. I watched as six months turned into a year. A year turned into a disaster. I thought he cheated. I remember the flashbacks as if it where yesterday "Amy I did not" I walked away, tears in my eyes remembering the message of his profile and the messages of him flirting. It stung me and it did not effect him. As I grab my stuff I feel him grab my arm. "don't leave" He begged me. I knew all to well then to be with a cheater. I ran out to my car and drove off. Tears blinded my vision as I drove. When I found myself back home I had text messages from Paul. My heart ached and I did not want this pain to be with me, I loved him too much to let him go. I never cried to hard for five days. Finally, we got back together and I couldn't be happier. I loved him and he loved me. Things where good for now.
My luck had ended with a bang in September when disaster struck again. When a good friend of ours died. He was a mess and I was beside myself trying to help the best I could. Paul pushed me away like he always did. I felt the tears and the anger build and they all gushed out at once. I ran for the tissues and my car. I could not handle this. We where falling apart. I remember the phone call one night where we cried because we knew we where falling apart. I never liked hearing him cry. I drove myself home. he was comforted by all his friends. All the girls who he flirted with. I was no longer the only one in his eyes. Our anniversary came that November. An amazing reaction from him and I. He sent me a shirt that day. I was so happy. Christmas came soon and we where still so much in love, despite the fights and all. He sent me the promise necklace. I remember the phone calls he gave me that told me I would love it. And he was right. I wore it every day. New years came and I felt us drifting again. I felt so alone. I knew I loved him but he did not see me. I was alone and he did not care. We spent new years alone. January was his birthday. I didn't make it in time to come over. I didn't send a card. We fought the day before. I was in tears. I knew it wouldn't be much longer. When I saw her on facebook My world was crushing. I cried and cried. I got sick just after valentines day. He barely was there. Giving me one word answers and all. I cried all through my sickness. I was so trapped. He was my fairytale, My everything and he left me on the way while he took off. The day he left me I cried for hours. moments later he was with his new girlfriend. I broke down crying. The phone call killed me. All he could say was I'm sorry.
As I sit here now on my couch I am crying my eyes out. I loved him with everything I have. I loved him deeply. I always will wonder what happened to us. There is a knock at my door, I run to open it. There he stands
"Amy"
I look at him dead in the eye. He did not change much since I last saw him. All I wanted to do was jump into his arms and forgive him. But it can't be that easy. "Can I come in" He says. I nod and take a deep breath, He embraces me in hug. I take a smell of his shirt, it still reminds me of him
"Amy, I am sorry baby," he begins "I never meant to hurt you and all that I did. Let me come back. You know I love you right" I nod. I wipe some tears away that I cannot hold in any longer.
"Do you love me"
I nod yes. I always did and I always will. "I always will Paul" He smiles
'Let me have another chance, I look at him in shock, My heart says yes. "No" the tears fall like a waterfall. He walks out the door and I go back to the couch. I cry and cry until I drift myself off to sleep
I never stopped loving him