Ready When You Are

Bring Me Home So I Can See You

“So you think this will work?”

I rolled my eyes and sighed, rubbing my temple, laughing a little. “I like the white a lot.”

Em nodded, clicking a few things on the computer before pulling up yet another mermaid style wedding dress.

“Emerson good lord,” I smirked and shook my head, pulling up the one she had originally woke me up at midnight to show me, “If you wear a mermaid style dress I will not be the maid of honor. John will do it.”

She laughed and shook her head.

“You think I’m joking.” I laughed back at her as she brought her hand to her chin, studying the dress carefully before she nodded to herself.

“Kenley, you’re right. It’s perfect, right? It’s slimming and a good color and it will match what I have in mind for the rest of the wedding. But you think Kennedy will like it?”

I let out a final laugh and leaned against the desk. “I’m pretty sure Kennedy would still marry you if you were wearing a trash bag. Plus you have about a year to plan this whole shin dig so don’t rush it.”

“Can we look at dresses next weekend?”

“Em-”

“Please Kenley? Oh please? We can take a road trip to LA and look at some good boutiques! It’ll be a girl’s day out. And it’s perfect timing too. We’ll need a break from the guys before you know it I swear they are over whelming. Especially after tour.”

My heart skipped a little beat as I wrapped my mind around the fact that the guys would be home tomorrow. Their two month tour was almost up, and Em’s obsessive wedding managing would have to come to somewhat of a halt.

More importantly, Garrett would be home. I was so anxious to see him in person. Old videos and skype conversations got old pretty fast. He couldn’t hold me or kiss me or touch me when he was across the world and in a totally different time zone. I needed him back here, with me. Things felt out of place, like something was missing wherever I was. The smallest things made me think of him. A casual Star Wars reference, the strum of a guitar, even driving in a car.

I went to his house occasionally, keeping his mom company and hanging out with Trey and his band. I needed something to fill my time that wasn’t Em and her wedding ideas. She was getting a little insane. But if anything that insanity made me love her more. It was plain to see that she was happy with her relationship. I had never seen her so excited. It made me excited for her and Kennedy.

“I’m gonna go check the mailbox.” Em said, shutting our laptop and grabbing the key off the counter.

I squinted back at her. “I already got the mail.” I pointed to the small stack of magazines on the counter.

She shrugged slowly. “Someone might have dropped something off in the past hour or so! I need to walk around a little before bed.”

“Expecting something?”

Em looked back at me as she turned the handle of the door and laughed. “Oh, it’s a possibility. See ya beautiful.”

I couldn’t help but laugh back at her as the door shut. Softly I got up from the swivel chair and moved to my small bedroom, or Em’s guestroom. I wasn’t sure what the plan was as far as my living arrangements when Kennedy came back. I didn’t feel comfortable living in Garrett’s parent’s house again, but then again I didn’t feel great here either.

Making my way to my dresser I through on a tank top and some boxer shorts. I looked in the mirror slowly, rubbing the side of my temple where a bruise was barely even there. I smiled and pulled my hair up into a messy bun before washing my face and crawling into bed.

I snapped off my light and let my head hit the pillow. I just wanted to sleep so I could wake up and know Garrett was going to be home soon. I wanted Em to shake me awake and tell me we were meeting the guys at the Kirch’s or that they were coming over here. All I wanted was for him to be here, with me. That was all that ever felt right.

I still hadn’t heard the clink of the door of the apartment. There was an unsettled feeling in me. I always liked it better when Emerson was here, just because I felt less alone. How long did it take to look into a hole in the mall and see if there were envelopes?

My eyes grew heavy and I felt them close. I smiled softly before curling myself in my blankets and letting myself sleep, letting it consume me.

Then there it was.

The clink of the door.

But I didn’t open my eyes. Comfort flew through my body and sleep drew over me even further. Then I heard soft footsteps.

These footsteps were soft and hard at the same time. I could tell someone was trying to be careful. I also knew this wasn’t Emerson.

My eyelids stayed closed but I was trying to stay aware.

Softly my door creaked open and I cringed a little, pulling my sheets over my body and trying to stay calm.

The footsteps stopped in my doorway, the light of the living room filling my room. I opened my eyes slowly and saw the outline of the shadow as they flew open and I squinted.

“Gare?”

I heard a laugh. That familiar, smooth, crisp, contagious laugh that sent butterflies through my entire head and down to my toes. I heard a sigh, the sigh that made me want to hold the body it belonged to. And I heard a voice.

“Shit, this was supposed to be a surprise.”

The blankets flew off my body and I jumped out of my bed and into Garrett’s arms. He lifted me off the ground slowly and I buried myself in his neck, holding onto him as he smiled and laughed.

“I am surprised!” I laughed, tears coming to my eyes. “I missed you so much Gare.”

Garrett kissed me softly on the head. “I missed you too Lee.”

For a second we just looked at each other, studying what we had missed. His hair was a little longer and he had a little most stubble. But he was still the handsomest guy I had ever laid my eyes on.

I hugged him again, holding him tightly.

“I swear you’re even more beautiful than when I left.” He tipped my chin up and planted a soft kiss on my lips.

Slowly I pulled him over to my bed, laying over him and kissing his neck softly.

“I’m just so happy you’re home with me.” I smiled as your eyes met.

He let out a little laugh and put his arms around me.

“You make me so happy,” Garrett smiled down at me. “God, I love you so much.”

I smiled one of the biggest smiles that had ever came out of my mouth. I missed his cheek, running my hands across his neck and taking him all in.

“I love you too.”

He kissed me softly again, running his fingers across my hand. Never had I felt so happy in such a simple moment. Just his presence, his arms around me, and his lips on my cheek brought so much joy to my body. I shook a little, melting into him.

Nothing else mattered.

Garrett was home. And finally, so was I.
♠ ♠ ♠
:( it's over guys.

I'm really sad, Kenley is I guess based off of me and Garrett is, as I've said in basically EVERY author's note, my favorite person on the planet. I plan on writing a TON more about him.

Besides that, I will be writing a story about the wonderful Eric Halvorsen, because he is probably my second favorite person. Click here and check it out! I'm really excited, again it's getting deeper and deals with more. I'm pretty excited about it, it'll be some what of a challenge for me. Oh and by the way I run Obsessive Halvo Disorder on tumblr so check that out here if you feel so inclined.

Lastly: A HUGE thank you. To my silent readers: I hope you love the story. To my commenters: you're feedback made me want to update and made me feel really proud of this story as a whole. Thank you for giving this story a chance. It's been so fun to write and I hope it was fun to read for everyone. Thanks for reading it. That's awesome of you.