The Beautiful Lie of Chaos Watergate

Forgetting You but Not the Time

Mike went back to heaven, being very..quiet. Tre went over to him as he entered heaven.
"Hey dude, what's wrong?"
Mike swallowed. "I think i'm gonna have a divorce on my hands when I go back home."
"Oh Mike..." Tre said, hugging Mike.
"Thanks, Tre."
"Did you get the photo?"
"Yeah... but i'm not so sure its so special now."
"It'll work, Mike. Trust me."

-----

"But...What?"
"It's me, Joey."
"..I don't believe you."
"Joey-"
"Look! You're just a sick pranker that wants to fuck with my life. Get lost!"
Billie heard a phone being slammed down. He sat down and held his head in his hands.
"Bill, we can go to his college and see him, if you like."
"Nah, its ok. I'll leave it for a while.."
Just as Billie said that, the door slammed and he heard a schoolbag being thrown on the ground.
"MOM! I'm home!" Jakob said, as he walked down to the kitchen. He entered usually, and then stopped dead in his tracks when he saw his...deceased...father sitting at the table with his mom.
"....Dad?"
Billie stood up. "Yeah... it's me, man."
Jakob and Billie moved closer to each other, and hugged.
"It's so good to have you back." Jakob said.
"It's good to be back." Billie replied.
"Have you told Joey?"
"I tried. He doesn't believe me."
"Come on, let's go see him!"
"Hun, it's not that simple." Adie stepped in.
"Why not? Come on! Let's get to his uni!"
Billie looked at Adie, and Adie looked at Billie.
"Oh fine. Let's get in the car." Adie said, picking up the car keys.
-------
Chaos tried to open Tre's house, but the door was being more stubborn than he wanted, so he floated through the door instead. Lying on the floor, was the skeleton of the world's greatest drummer, lying on the ground. No-one had found him, for 10 years. Chaos just stayed there, looking at him. He had heard the rumors. People had said he had gone crazy. Some others had said he had turned into a hermit. No-one had said that he had just...died. Well, commited suicide.

Chaos went upstairs, and looked through the dusty house, untouched for 9 years and 9 months. The 3 months before he died, when Billie Joe had been killed, Tre had iscolated himself from the outside world. He told everyone just to leave him alone and to not try and contact him. The door to the bedroom was firmly shut, and unable to be opened. Inside, everything was...perfect. Tidy. Really unlike Tre. Chaos opened the top draw, and the pink painting stood out. He took it from the draw, and went to go back. He stopped, and got a now grey towel from the bathroom. He went back to Tre's skeleton, and draped it over his face, to give him some dignity. He then went back to heaven.
--------

Chaos arrived back, and met Tre. He told him what he had saw, and Tre sighed.
"I can't say im surprised... I mean, I told everyone to go away, and they..well... took me too seriously."
"I've brought your thing back."
"Thanks dude.."
"No trouble. I'll get the cloud, you get the tears."
"Yep. I'll get Mike, and we'll meet you back here in 15 minutes."
-----------
The car arrived back at Berkeley, and everyone got out, apart from Billie.
"We'll bring him here." Adie said to Billie.
"Thanks. I dont want too many people knowing that i'm alive now."
About 10 minutes later, 3 people emerged from the front reception. Billie watched as they headed towards the car. He was so nervous, he couldn't contain himself. He ran out of the car and hugged his older son. He was finally home.