The Lip Wars

i get what i want.

Kayla was an impatient person. Actually, impatient was a bit of an understatement, and so too was stubborn. She had managed to go through her high school years relatively unnoticed, save for the fact that her bright red hair seemed to light up the hallways as she passed by every morning. But in one day, or rather, a few passionate seconds, she had managed to go from invisible wallflower to hunted minx.

How? Zachary Baker.

He was the most popular, sought-after boy in school, which wasn’t surprising when you considered the way that he looked. He had deep, endless eyes of emerald that seemed to swirl with flecks of gold and green, darkened by arrogance and enigma. Dark raven locks hung dangerously in front of his glowing orbs, so temptingly soft and ruffled by his own impatient fingers. His skin was a swift mixture between tan and pale, and his jaw was pronounced and contoured so perfectly, pressed up by a small twinge of chubbiness that gave him a childish edge to his harsh, dominating features. His lips were thin but plump, and below them was a set of snakebites that screamed to be tugged with teeth.

Or at least, that was what Kayla thought. As did the whole population of her school, apparently. But unlike the other girls who flitted about him in tight skirts and with their breasts on display, Kayla was subtle about her admiration. After all, if he wasn’t a downright looker she would have thought him to be a jackass.

It was two weeks before summer break that she saw him holding a boy up by his shirt against the lockers. His face was taut with anger and amusement, his fist clenched around the shaking boy whose face had been sucked of all color from his terror. Two guys stood by his side, spiels of taunting laughter leaving their lips, and Kayla felt herself harden in disgust as she watched it all unfold.

“Hey you!” she shouted, flushing with anger when they ignored her. “Asshole! Get off him!” Silence answered to her shouts, and it ate at her flesh with niggling annoyance. Clenching her hands in fists, she stormed towards him, catching the eyes of the trembling victim on the way and shooting him a reassuring smile. She stopped when she was right beside him, visibly shaking with frustration as their laughter stopped and he slowly turned to look at her.

“Wha-“ His snarl was cut off when she fervently placed her lips against his parted mouth, causing him to slacken in surprise. Her arms curled their way around his neck, her fingers clutching at his hair in a way that had him groaning against her mouth. Her tongue snaked from her mouth to clench around his, her lips moving furiously against his own in a way that sent fire racing down their bodies. Heat erupted from their every pore, lighting up like a flame inside their bodies and cooling down only by the other’s touch. Without realizing it, Zacky’s hands had dropped the trembling boy and curled around her waist, clutching her hips against his body as guttural groans left his lips.

Kayla pulled away, panting and red-faced, to look into his fiery, clouded eyes. They were sparkling with passion as they stared at her breathlessly, his cheeks flushed and his lips swollen as his hands clenched against her hip-bones. Surprise was evident on his features, and as he reached down to guide her lips back to his, she unfurled herself from his arms and stepped away.

Everything was silent as she regained her composure, and he watched her tensely, his face expressing his shock and confusion. Her eyes narrowed into a glare and she frowned at him, walking over to the boy that was shaking against the lockers and helping him to his feet. “Go on,” she said softly, giving him a smile. The boy trembled, looking at her with slight admiration glowing in his crystalline eyes. With a slight curl of the lips, he ran from the hallway, not once looking behind him.

Once she was sure that he was safe, she dusted down her jeans and turned away from the staring boys, a triumphant, albeit shaky smile on her ruby lips. And ignoring their probing, heated stares, she walked from the hallway.

Well that was successful, she thought to herself, a smile playing on her lips. If you ever want a guy to do something, just kiss him.

Image


From then on, Kayla started using her newly-found powers to get her everything that she wanted. If she wanted the last slice of pizza in the cafeteria, she would simply kiss the boy in front of her and grab it for herself. If she wanted a taunting boy to leave her alone, she would smack a kiss against his lips and simply walk away. It was genius, and she was almost proud of herself for coming up with it. Granted, none of the kisses had felt quite like the first one, but they worked for her nonetheless.

She didn’t know whether she was paranoid, but it almost seemed as though Zacky had been following her around ever since their kiss. He would continuously send heated looks her way, and every time she used her power on someone, she would find him glaring furiously at both her and her victim. It was incredibly puzzling, but terribly amusing as well.

It was about three days later that she found herself locking lips with a bully that had been pushing around a younger boy, her fingers tangled in his hair as she felt him go limp in her arms. Satisfied, she pulled away, the corners of her lips tilting up into a slight smirk at the sight of his flushed face. Her triumph was cut off when a hand clenched tightly around her wrist and yanked her away, and she let out a yelp as she turned to meet burning green eyes. “What do you think you’re doing?” he spat, and she frowned slightly at him in response. “Why are you kissing all of those people?”

Pushing her red hair away from her face with pale fingers, she gave him a shrug in response. “Because I want to,” she said simply, her lips curling into a smile at the sight of his flushed cheeks and angered frown. The school Golden Boy looked absolutely distraught as he stood in front of her, all of his naturally cool composure melted away to leave him open for the world to see. And frankly, she found it amusing.

His eyes were dark as they stared at her, his hand still clenched around her wrist in a way that seemed surprisingly soft for the anger that he was omitting. “Why did you kiss me then?” he murmured, seemingly frustrated by her response.

She shrugged, giving him a sugary smile. “Because I wanted to.”

She could almost swear that a growl left his lips as he tugged her closer and pressed his mouth against her feverishly, licking at her lips with his curled tongue and igniting a fire in her before pulling away. “We’ll see how you like it then,” he snarled, before giving her one last heated look and storming away.

Wow, she thought to herself, her eyebrow arching slightly, what an emotional wreck.

Image


Two hours later she caught him passionately kissing another girl, his eyes gleaming as they met hers, his lips still moving against the girl’s. He turned his body so that he was facing her, curling the blonde against his chest as he watched her with sparkling, heated eyes, his lips moving furiously.

Kayla smiled, and his body seemed to falter. Lifting her hand up, she gave him a small wave before turning around and walking past him. From the corner of her eye she saw him drop the huffing blonde and stare after her with bewildered eyes and parted lips.

Image


She was walking towards a fight when an arm curled around her waist and pulled her to the side. A pair of heated emerald eyes met hers, darkened with emotion as he lowered his face so that it was inches away from hers. His breathing was ragged as he brushed his lips against hers, her heart fluttering slightly at the predatory look in his eyes. “No more kissing; none.”

Her eyes glinted as she arched a brow. “Why should I listen to you? I can kiss wh-“

His lips were against hers before she could finish, his tongue snaking out to curl around hers as his lips danced with hers fervently, his hands pushing her body so that it was pressed tightly against his. He pulled away, leaving her panting for breath as he stared at her with blackened eyes. “You’re mine now, okay?” he said lowly, his eyes searching hers for rejection.

She glared at him. “I’m not a possession,” she whispered angrily, her body flushed with heat from his close proximity.

His eyes flicked down to her parted lips before he pulled them back up. “Fine, girlfriend. I just…” he stopped, fragility flashing through his orbs, “I can’t handle you kissing anyone else.”

She watched him steadily. “Will you stop picking on other people?”

His face moved closer, his body trembling as his warm breath caressed her lips. “Anything.” She smiled, wrapping her arms around the back of his neck and bringing his lips against hers.

Kissing really did get you anything you wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is probably the worst thing that I've written, but it's nearly midnight. Hope you enjoyed it, Kayla! Comments are loooove. XD