Status: In Progress

Falling Into Place

Chapter 10

I stopped Summer in the hallway between our second hour class. It wasn't the best place to talk, but I had ten minutes till I had to get to mine. I felt the worry in my eyes, but honestly I was pissed. I have enough lies from Derrick, and I was getting sick of him. After every game he went out with his friends and smoked. I could tell he came around and smelled like tobacco. It scared me.

"I'm your best friend. Your supposed to be able to tell me anything. What goes on Summer? I sighed. You have no idea how much I worry about you Summer." I still had eight minutes before my class started, but I was too mad to stand there anymore. My anger wasn't wearing off. If I had I would've started yelling and i didn't want to yell at my best friend. I knew she heard it enough at home. So, I walked off. I left her there to think about it.

I hoped she'd tell me the truth. I knew she'd be scared, but maybe I could help. She could come live with us, or something. I sighed again. If only it was that simple.

I walked into my class and took out my journal and started writing a story. Everyone left me alone, it was like smoke was coming off of me. Like I had caught a disease, or something. I don't care what it was that got them to leave me alone, I was glad for it.