Status: In Progress

Falling Into Place

Chapter 15.

My eyes traveled up to her, she was looking at me. I only saw regret and pain in her eyes. Jack, being Jack, was quiet. He knew this was between us ,but I wished he'd be my voice. He wouldn't though. I forced a smile and nodded, to show I accepted her apology even though she had no reason to apologize.

"His karma bit him in the ass," she said grimly.

"Why did you bite his ass?" I asked, trying to be humorous.

"Girly, you know I'm not that sick!" she said slightly laughing.

"Summer Dayinara Clemens!" a voice shouted, my dad.

Turning my head I sighed," I need to go."

"Summer," she said, I looked at her, "If you need anything, I'm here for you."

"Okay ,Jess," I told her ,but when I looked away she cleared her through.

"Summer, I'm serious."

"I know," I told her as Jack wheeled me away.

I kept looking over my shoulder. I saw how worried she was. Jessica was my only friend. She protected me at school. She kept me on my feet and always told me I'd be someone. She was all I had outside of my screwed up family. Sighing when she was out of view I listened as my dad told me how I was a total waste of money and how I was eating up his time and life. Every word made me wince. Where was the "I love you"?