Status: In Progress

Falling Into Place

Chapter 19.

Jack carried me into our room and placed me on my bed. His gentle hand touched the tears that moved down my face as he softly sang to me the lyrics of Saving Me By Nickleback. My voice blended in the back as he smiled. His voice was the most beautiful one I've ever heard. The sound brought me to a happy place that seemed to consume the darkness that was my life. His voice dried the tears from my eyes and lifted my soul to higher places. This was the guy who made me believe I was alive and that I could get some where's above here. This was the guy who made me promise to.

My CD player suddenly popped on as it played So Far Away by Avenged Sevenfold. We looked at each other in silence. It was our theme song. My voice sung the lyrics as he just looked at me as I stared at the window. The faint form of a lost friend filled my eyes as everything seemed to disappear into a sea of spots. Jack's panicked voice made it through the tempting darkness ,but then faded with the outside world. My body was to heavy to move and the world itself was to distant to grasp again. Slowly I let that too leave my reach.

My feet touched the cold floor and I stood, unharmed and completely healthy. I was in a white shirt and blue jeans, both, I'd never seen before. I walked through the halls of a huge house. My body seemed to be a ghost to those I walked past.

What's going on? I tried to say ,but the voice wasn't there.

"Jess!" a blond girl said as she turned and looked back.

That's me. That's me when I was little. I thought.

"Well, come on Summer!" she laughed as the smaller girl nodded.

"Jack wants to know if he can come. He told me to ask you," the smaller me said.

"Can he keep up?" she asked as she mounted her bike.

"Jack can do anything!" smaller me told her.

At that point in my life he could. He was the only one there for me. I was also the only way Jessica ever looked at him ,but even then that wasn't often. Now that he works it's not at all. The hospital was the first time he'd seen her in months. Almost a year now that I think about it.
Poor Jack.

He does everything for me but gets nothing in return. He just cries every night and works all day. He took a day off just so he could come to the hospital and see me. No, not see. He came to support me so I wouldn't stand alone. My brother suffers for me, every single day he suffers for me.
My big brother is my everything, he and Jessica are all I truly have.

I love them both dearly.