Status: In Progress

Falling Into Place

Chapter 20

I looked at my name on the front of the letter in cursive with blurry eyes. I figured it was my dad's handwriting.

"Dear Jessica,

I know you probably don't remember me for you were very little when I left. Your probably about sixteen now if I remember right. Likely to have just gotten your first car. I'm sorry I left when you were so little, but I couldn't raise a kid and pursue my career. I also know that a sorry could never fix what I did.

I know you were to little for your mom to have explained my choice to you, and I doubt she ever talks about me much. You probably still don't know who I am or what I do. I'm hoping maybe we can fix that. This isn't the best way to tell you, but I am a very famous rock star. You might have even heard some of my music and never known it. Your mother probably changes the channel when it comes on or reacts strangely.

To be honest I regret that choice in some ways. I missed alot of your life, and accomplishments. I know I can never make up for that, but maybe I can still be in your life someway. Of course that is all up to you.

There was a reason for my choice though. It has allowed you a normal life free of paparazzi. It allowed you to go to school normally. It has even allowed you to make friends who like you for you and not how rich you are. I was sad that I had to miss alot of your life, but I thought it would be better than the life of a rock stars kid at so young.

I hope you can find some way to forgive me. I hope that maybe I can be in your life. Reply back as soon as possible please.

Sincerely, Markus Hebert."

I was left with more questions than answers. I really wanted to meet my dad sooo bad. I had heard his music, several times without ever realizing it. I even had a fuzzy memory of an old house(it wasn't really old. It had been huge) that we had lived in. It was a red color and had some grand stair cases.

I even had a fuzzy memory three kids running around the house. One was me, another a small blonde girl which I think happened to be Summer, and a taller brownish haired boy, who might have been Jack.

I think we were going to go some where, or play a game. I tried to bring that memory to the front of my mind for awhile but i couldn't remember it anymore than what I got. I grabbed some paper and tried to draw it out hoping if I drew it out I'd remember more. When I had drawn all I could remember I had a picture of the inside of the house and a picture of three kids and my mom talking to someone.

After I finished my drawing, I started to write a letter back in reply.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so how do you think Jessica's dad really is? You think maybe he's a nice lovable guy or a possible jerk? Do you think he's doing the right thing?