Status: In Progress

Falling Into Place

Chapter 5.

I texted help to Jessica. Her response was I wish but she didn't know I was serious. I closed my eyes and help my legs to my chest. My heart was pounding against my rib cage as if it could escape if it pounded hard enough. I bit my lip and closed my eyes tighter. My form seemed to struggle within itself. I felt caged, like I couldn't breathe. My lip began to bleed since it was clamped so tight between my teeth. I felt slumber consume me.

I woke to someone shaking me lightly and opened my eyes lightly to see Jack's gentle eyes staring into mine. He handed me a uniform and helped me out of the cabinet. His kind hands guided me to my feet. I hugged him tight crying softly. He petted my hair down and smiled some ,but I knew it was fake. My brother never smiles for real. I got dressed as he did the same, our backs to each other. We've never seen each other naked or anything like that. Jack wasn't a sicko like that.

"How's Train going?" he asked me as I slipped my shirt on over my red bra.

"It's good ,but I think Jess is doing better," I told him softly.

"Naha, you're both going to do awesome," he said as I half smiled.

"Thanks Jack," I said as I pulled my pants up.

"No problem, Summer," he told me as I grabbed my book bag," Have a good day at school."

"I'll try. Have a good day at work," I said and pulled my sweat shirt on before heading into the hall way.

Another secret I know about my brother. He didn't drop out of school to help our parents. He did it to protect me. My brother would do anything to protect me ,but all the same he can't be there all the time. We both know that. Therefore I have to be strong enough to protect myself. But I'm not.

A glass bottle hit my sweat shirt covered arm. I held my arm close and by the time I looked up Jack was in front of me going down the hall to my drunken dad. I ran out the door just missing the bus. I sighed and closed my eyes, this will be a long day.