Status: For a contest.

Out At Sea

A Big Storm

The boys were woken up in the middle of the night, by being thrown off of their bed. Daniel jumped up and he pulled on his boxers. He shook James with his foot before running out of the room.

"Wake up James!" He had to hold into both sides of the wall to keep from falling over. James followed slowly behind Daniel trying to keep his balance.

"What's going on?!" James yelled, trying to get Daniel to hear him over the waves. Once Daniel got up the stairs and onto the deck, he saw the storm clouds swirling around them. It was pouring outside, making it impossible to see even a foot in front of them. The wind was strong and combined with the waves, they easily pushed the yacht around.

Daniel ran up to the captain's hatch, and he started up the engine. Daniel tried desperately to move towards the shore. When James finally got up to the top he tried to help Daniel but it was useless. The boat went violently on it's side and the boys slammed into the wall. Water started rushing into the boat. James tried to swim against the current, Daniel stayed against the wall. Once the room was almost full of water, James and Daniel looked at each other. They were floating onto of the water, almost hitting the ceiling.

"I love you." James whispered to Daniel. Daniel smiled weakly at James.

"I love you too." He lightly kissed him. "Now take a deep breath. We're going to get out of here." James listened to Daniel and they both took a deep breath before going under the water. Daniel lead the way, grabbing onto things attached to the floor or the wall. James swam after Daniel closely.

Once Daniel had swam out of the yacht he tried to swim as fast as he could to the surface. Breaking out of the wave he took a breath of life giving air. The storm was still going on, making the waves move widely. It took him all of his strength to stay above the water. Then he started to look around for James.

"James?" He yelled out, hoping for an answer. When he didn't answer Daniel started to panic and constantly screamed out his name. Daniel circled around in the water. Finally he saw his boyfriends back, but his head was in the water. With his depleting strength Daniel swam against the waves, his body burning from pain. Grabbing onto the back of James shirt, he held onto him tightly. Daniel flipped him onto his back. At seeing James pale, lifeless face, tears started to flow down his face.

"J-james?" He said weakly and started to pound on his chest, trying to get James to breath.

"Damn it!" Daniel yelled out painfully, angry at the thought that James might be dead. After pounding on his chest, water spewed out of James mouth as he began to breath. Though Daniel wouldn't let himself be hopeful yet.

He swam to the shore, holding onto James as tightly as he could. The waves were helping him, pushing him towards the land. When Daniel felt his feet hit the beginning of the shore he took the chance and stood up. He carried James up to shore, his body was weak and he could feel himself shaking. Daniel continued to walk until he opened up a door to a restaurant. The moment his feet were inside the building Daniel collapsed onto the floor, dropping James. The last thing he saw was people running over to them before he blacked out.

-------------

Daniel drifted into consciousness, slowly opening up his eyes. He felt arms around him and a body curled up into his side. Looking down at the body Daniel smiled at seeing James laying beside him.

Slowly he noticed an IV in James' arm. Then Daniel glanced around, seeing the white walls and the machines of a hospital room. Looking down at himself he saw that he was in a hospital gown and an IV was also in his arm. He gently shook James awake.

"James?" Daniel whispered. James opened up his eyes and smiled back at Daniel. He tightly hugged Daniel, burying his face into Daniel's neck.

"I love you so much Dan. You saved my life." Daniel hugged James back and lovingly kissed him.

"I had to save your life James." Daniel mumbled against his lips. "I can't live without you."