Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Forbidden Love

One

Elisha gulped when she heard the gunshots ring out. She was one of the few left of her race of aliens. Not illegal immigrants, no she was from out of this world. Literally. Elisha came from the planet Tsar that was way far out in the solar system, almost impossible to find.

Their planet was destroyed by a meteor so all who survived took shelter and traveled to Earth. But once they arrived the government and other earth dwelling humans began to panic, starting an actual war of the worlds. Some of the more aggressive aliens fought back, others went into disguise to keep their lives. Elisha was one of them.

“I think I saw one come this way.” A deep voice echoed on the walls.

Elisha covered her mouth to silence the breathing. Luckily she was disguised just incase. Before she knew what was happening a bright light was shinned in her face.

“Shit, she looks hurt. One of those alien bastards probably tried to kill her.” The same man’s voice spoke.

Another man answered, “We should take her to a medic.”

Elisha couldn’t form words at the moment she remain quiet hoping that they wouldn’t kill her. A pair of muscular arms slid underneath her body and scooped her up. She noticed that the man who had been speaking was rather attractive. Muscular build, buzzed haircut, lip ring, gauges in his ears, and beautiful hazel eyes.

“Hey Matt, do you think she can hear us?” The other man asked as they began walking again.

Elisha let her eyes flutter shut and tried to keep her breathing regular.

“Probably. She’s not dead, Brian.”

She finally noted that the man carrying her was named Matt and his friend was called Brian. Elisha was placed laying down in the back seat of a black SUV. Not long after she fell asleep and remained like that until Matt lightly shook her awake. Elisha looked around to see that she was now in a hospital.

Her eyes widened, “I can’t be here.”

“What? Calm down it’s okay.” He tried to calm the pale girl from running out of the room.

Elisha shook her head no and bolted towards the door, “I can’t.”

The door opened and she was met face to face with a doctor. Matt stared at the girl confused then narrowed his eyes, “How is she doc?”

“She’s fine. Minor concussion is all, if you get any headaches take an Aspirin.” The doctor smiled.

Elisha was surprised that she checked out. That means that she had been tested on while she was passed out. After the doctor said goodbye, she bolted from the room to the front door of the building.

“Why are you so afraid of doctors?” Matt questioned pinning Elisha against the brick wall, once he caught up to her.

She thought up a lie on the spot, “Needles scare me.”

“Oh, sorry. I understand, sorry for that I’m a bit on edge cause of this whole alien thing.” Matt apologized then introduced himself, “I’m Matthew Sanders.”

She smiled softly, “It’s quite alright, and I’m Elisha Turner.”

Matt grinned, his dimples showing as he held out his hand for her to shake. She lightly shook his hand trying to calm her nerves. All she had to do was try to blend in otherwise like the rest of her kind she would be killed.

“So where are you headed to? Like where do you live? I’ll give you a ride home.” He led Elisha to the black SUV where Brian was waiting in the drivers seat.

Elisha chewed on her fingernails out of nervous habit, “I don’t know.”

“They must have wiped your memory.” Matt shook his head.

Elisha mentally rolled her eyes. Aliens didn’t wipe memory sure they had the technology but they rarely used it.

“Yeah I guess, I don’t really recall.” She trailed off.

Brian rolled down the window the rest of the way so he could say something, “Chelle says there’s an empty apartment next to hers that she can rent.”

“I don’t have a job…” Elisha mumbled.

Matt smiled, “I’ll pay and you can pay me back when you get a job, okay?”

Elisha smiled and agreed. She couldn’t believe how nice he was being even for being some sort of a vigilante. He never had to know that she wasn’t an actual human. She figured that if she played it cool, everything would be fine.

Matt held the door open for her before getting in after her like a true gentleman. The three all remained silent listening to the local radio station on the way to the apartment building. Luckily it gave Elisha enough time to think up a back-story of some sort for when they started to ask her questions.