Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Forbidden Love

Four

Matt grinned and walked up to the counter, “Hey, you found a job. Congrats.”

“Yeah.” Elisha smiled, shyly.

He leaned against the counter, “So, how about we go out to celebrate tonight?”

“No, I mean…I’d love to but, I-”

Matt cut her off quickly, “Brian’s having a BBQ and I don’t really want to show up alone. I mean we can go as friends….He has a pool.”

Elisha admired Matt’s confidence, it never once looked like he was nervous. That’s what made her finally agree, “Alright. What time?”

“Great! It’s at six, I’ll pick you up around 5:30 so we can make it there in time.”

Elisha blushed faintly, “Alright.”

Matt said a quick goodbye before walking out of the coffee shop.

“Do you realize who that is?” Brandi questioned quietly.

Elisha nodded, “That’s Matt.”

“Yes! Matt as in Matthew Sanders, he’s got the highest kill streak for aliens.” Brandi spoke in a harsh voice.

Elisha’s eyes widened, “How many?”

“The report from last night said over 300.”

Elisha’s hands suddenly became shaky and she could feel her heart beating faster and faster. She knew that there was a good possibility that he could have killed some of them but she couldn’t believe that someone who was so nice to her could have killed over 300 of her own.

“Look, just be careful. I’m sure he’s nice, just watch yourself..” Brandi put a comforting hand on Elisha’s shoulder.

She nodded and took a deep breath to calm herself down. Brandi was right, if Matt found out that she wasn’t who she said she was, he would no doubt kill her.

*****

Elisha worked out the rest of her shift with no problems. She interacted very well with the customers and even got to keep all of the tips from the tip jar, which totaled up to almost $200.

“Good job today, Lish.” Brandi grinned.

Elisha nodded, “Thank you so much. What time should I come in tomorrow?”

“I’ll print of a schedule for you and I want you to know if you need anything I’m just a phone call away.” Brandi pointed to her head, suggesting telepathy.

Elisha shut her eyes and could feel Brandi’s aura inside of her head. It was a soft blue color that made her feel warm.

“You’re quite strong.” Brandi laughed softly, holding her head.

Elisha’s eyes widened, “Did I hurt you?”

Brandi shook her head no, “No, no, just made me a bit light headed. What you have there, is a gift, child. Be careful with your powers.”

Elisha nodded and said her goodbye to Brandi before walking back to the apartment building. She took the stairs this time and passed by a man who gave her an odd look. She ignored him and quickly headed for apartment 35. Once inside, she shut the door and locked the deadbolt.

The clock on the wall read 4:30. Elisha sighed and shut all of the curtains before shape shifting back into her natural form. Her eyes turned completely black, the small spikes on her spine stuck out, her nose disappeared into her skull, and her extra finger came back out from the space between her middle and pointer fingers.

She sighed out of relief and pulled her thick black hair up on top of her head. She headed into the bathroom and turned on the shower, Elisha relaxed into the warm water, temporarily forgetting all of her problems. Elisha didn’t trust any of the products in the shower. She had always made her own with her mother. The humans put too many harmful chemicals in their products.

Elisha didn’t want to but she knew that she had to go get ready. Matt would be there in a little less then an hour and she had to shape shift back into the girl he had met.

“Maybe one day, they’ll accept me.” She spoke to her reflection in the mirror.

Elisha shut her eyes and transformed back into her human form. She took her hair down, and let it fall back around her shoulders. The white of her eyes appeared again, the spikes and extra finger pushed back inside, and her nose reappeared, making her look “normal” again.

She didn’t bother with a towel, she admired herself in the mirror then walked out and towards her bedroom. The soft carpet almost tickled as it touched the bottoms of her feet. Elisha found a plain black bikini in the closet and it put it then covered it up with a hoodie and a pair of shorts. She smiled and her reflection again then walked back into the living room.

“You ready?” matt questioned from the door.

Elisha jumped and almost let the spikes on her spine jut out from their spot.

“How long have you been here?”

He smiled, “Just got here, but if you’re not ready I can just watch some tv.”

She nodded and watched him turn on the black screen. Amazingly the TV made her think of home. She could remember all the monitors that had filled her room, letting her watch her favorite shows and listen to melodies.

“Are you okay?” Matt questioned with concern.

Elisha furrowed her eye brows and watched him as he stepped closer to her. He reached out and wiped moisture from under her eye.

“you’re crying.” He whispered.

She reached up slowly to feel her face. She was crying. Her heart yearned to go back home. She missed her mother, father, brother, and her pet O.

“Nothing. I’m just still having trouble remembering.” She blinked the tears away and kept her composure.

He nodded, “Do you still want to go? We don’t have to go.”

Elisha smiled softly, “we can go. I’m fine.”

As they walked out of the apartment together Matt took hold her of her hand, “I promise you that I won’t let anything happen to you.”

Elisha blushed but the moment was quickly ruined when Matt finished his sentence.

“I won’t let those alien freaks hurt you.”