Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Behind Chain Link Fences

Four

Sarah’s pov
I flashed my I.D. to the guards and headed into my dad’s office to find him talking on the phone. He put his pointer finger up to silently say “Hold on a minute.” After a few minutes of waiting I held up the bag of KFC I had. He shook his head no and made a motion saying that he had already ate. I rolled my eyes and waved goodbye, walking down the hall to the visitation room, I hid the bucket of chicken behind the water machine then asked Tony to send Matt in.

“What’s cookin’ good lookin?” Matt asked once he walked in.

Tony sent him a glare but I just shooed him away and motioned for Matt to sit in the chair across from me.

“Have you had lunch yet?” I asked, biting my lip slightly.

Matt shook his head no, “Nope, was on my way to the caf when you called me in here.”

“Great” I smiled and stood up for a second to retrieve the bucket of KFC extra crispy chicken, “Because I brought lunch.”

A grin broke out on Matt’s face causing his adorable dimples to pop out.

“God it’s been forever since I’ve had KFC.” He chuckled.

I smiled and set the bucket on the table, letting him grab what he wanted before grabbing one of the legs, which were of course my favorite. We both basically sat and stuffed our faces until the food was gone, while making meaningless conversation. Mainly it was about my photography class and my friends, or how his day was which was pretty uneventful except for his friends also being arrested.

“Jimmy’s the tallest one out of all of his, he’s out of his mind in the most wonderful way. Johnny’s the shortest and youngest out of our group, used to come watch our band play until we let him in. He was really a rather annoying little shit. Zacky’s the pudgy one but don’t tell him I said that, he’s a real nice guy and I think I smoked my first cigarette with him. Brian’s got the spiky hair, he’s the only one of us that’s married to a girl named Michelle who became our friend back in the third grade…” He trailed off.

I smiled, “They all sound great, can’t wait to speak to them all.”

Matt’s eyes flashed a light shade of green, “I don’t know….”

“What?” I asked a bit confused.

He shrugged and looked down at his hands, “It’s just they’ve all got one thing on the brain, ya know?”

I couldn’t help but giggle slightly causing him to look up at me, “You think I’m going to start falling for one of them?”

He shrugged with a blank look on his face. I set my elbows on the table and leaned over so my mouth was directly next to his ear, “I’ve already fallen.”

I heard the sound of him letting out a small laugh and when I leaned back I found the dimpled grin back on his face again.

“I think I have too.” Matt set his hand over mine.

Blood rushed my cheeks, probably making my cheeks turn extra red. I broke out in a Cheshire cat grin when I felt his lips brush against my heated cheek.

“I like it when you blush.” His breath sent chills down my spine.

A knock on the door tore us apart and I quickly stood up and collected myself before opening the door to find Tony standing there.

“Lisa just called, she’s outside. Apparently you two are supposed to go the a birthday party for someone named Darcy.” He leaned against the door frame, giving Matt a few snotty glances.

I nodded and told him I’d be out in a second then shut the door again. Matt stood up and headed towards the door like I as asking him to leave, but before he made it there I wrapped my arms around his torso. He stiffened for a minute like he didn’t know what to do then relaxed and I soon felt his arms slip around my waist. He was so warm and smelt extremely good for a man that has to shower with whatever is allowed here.

“I’ll miss you.” He whispered softly into my hair.

I nuzzled my face in his chest like a child and looked up into his hazel eyes, “I’ll miss you too.”

I sighed when Tony knocked on the door saying it was time to go. He led Matt out to one of the guards then turned and walked down the hall with me where I disgarded the bucket of KFC.

“Ya know you’re not supposed to feed the prisoner.” Tony stated.

I rolled my eyes, “I needed to go over some stuff with him and I didn’t want him missing out on lunch.”

“Sure, I know what’s going on with you two. I can see it plus the way you look at each other.” He pointed out.

“I don’t know what your talking about.” I shook my head.

Tony scoffed, “Oh don’t play innocent Sarah, you’re falling for him.”

“I am not, he’s just very interesting.” I snapped making the mistake of turning around and looking into his eyes.

He threw his head back in laugher, “I can see it in your eyes. If you really like him that much, I guess just be careful and I swear to god if he hurts you I’ll kill him.”

Tony started walking towards the office door but I stopped him, “Tone could you not-”

He cut me off, “Don’t worry I won’t tell daddy. Your secrets safe with me.”

I smiled at Tony, he really was the best friend I had ever had. I just hoped to god that this would work out if we actually became a real relationship. Were we a relationship right now? I tried to think this through in my head as I walked out of the building to the parking lot where one of my best friends, Lisa, was waiting for me in her yellow mustang. Even as Lisa and I jammed out to pop stations on our way to Darcy’s party I couldn’t keep Matt off my mind. He was like a drug and I was the addict.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long time huh?

:) thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing!!!!!!!!!!