Status: Complete

I Don't Want This to Fade Away, as Easy as It Came

Studio

"I don't wanna leave...." I whined, hugging Jonathan closer to my chest.
He chuckled.
"You're only going to be gone a week. It won't be that bad, I promise."
"I know, but I can't take Elena with me..." I trailed off, looking at my little girl playing with FTSK's drummer.
"She will be fine with me." He rolled his eyes.
"I'm just worried."
"You always worry, Karma. Calm down for ten minutes. Just go into the studio and have fun. Don't think about it."
"We might be longer than a week."
"We'll come visit you."
"You make everything sound so easy."
"You make everything sound so hard." He retorted before kissing my forehead lovingly. "Now go get on that plane. You have a flight to catch,"
I nodded my head and smiled before kissing his lips lightly.
"Love you,"
"Love you too," Jonathan replied before hugging me closer to his chest for one last embrace before The District had to leave. "Call me when you land in LA."
"Will do. Elena! Come give me a hug." I laughed.
She ran over toward me and I scooped up my little girl.
"I hate when you leave." She pouted.
"But you get to stay with Daddy. I'll be back soon. I promise."
"Okay..." Elena pouted before she kissed my cheek. I handed her to Jonathan as the rest of the band and myself walked off further into the airport.
After a pretty short ride, and once we stepped off the plane, I squealed.
"Karma's excited..." Skye pointed out.
"My dear Skylar...I haven't been home in forever. Give me a break!" I joked.
"Awe...whatever." He rolled his eyes. "I can't wait to get into the studio."
"Neither can I," Emmie agreed.
"We're tracking drums first, right?" Lyric asked, wiggling her eyebrows.
"Obviously. We can't start with no music..." Ethan joked.
"Hey! As long as I get into the studio, I'm cool," Colton laughed.
"I want to get to the hotel first..." I trailed off. "Then food and then the studio,"
"Which songs are we recording first? Emmie added.
"Um... we're recording Hot," I stated.
"I like that one. It's kinky." Aiden stated.
"You're so fucking weird." I shook my head. "And we're recording You're Like No One Else too."
"I like those," Lyle stated. "Are you guys going to be writing?" He asked me.
"Yeah, I'll probably get together with Skye and Colton."
"Like always..." Skye joked. "We've got a ton of material to use this time around."
"Good. Get to the hotel, lazy asses." Lyle instruted, pushing toward the taxi van. "Skye, Colton, and Karma are going to be dropped off in the song writing room, Lyric in the actual studio, and the rest of you guys can hang out. Do whatever the fuck you want to."
"Yes!" Skye and Colton stated at the same time.
"I'm going with Ly." Emmie stated.
"Yes!" Lyric mocked the guys.
They shook their heads and laughed.
After getting quickly changed , I grabbed my guitar and I walked toward the guys room. I knocked lightly and Aiden opened the door.
"Let me go get them." He laughed, going to get his brother.
Seconds later, Skye showed up with his guitar at the door.
"I'm ready." He laughed, oving out of the room.
I smiled.
"Me too, me too!" Colton shouted, coming out beside him.
"Great. Let's go get some kick ass songs done." Skye added.
"I've got a few ideas that we can definitely use for the songs. Like everything that I've been through with Jonathan..."
"Yeah...." Colton nodded awkawrdly.
I rolled my eyes before we walked onto the elevator. My heels slapped against the cold floor as we walked toward the front desk.
"We need a car for room 204," I stated.
The person behind the desk and then the teen looked up at me.
"You guys are from The District?"
"Yeah," Skye laughed. "On our way to write some new songs." He stated, bringing up his guitar.
"Aren't you from California?"
"Yeah, but we moved to Texas about two years ago." I added with a small laugh.
She laughed and called a car for us.
"It should only be a few minutes."
I smiled, already excited to be writing new songs to play on our summer tour. We have a record to make until then.

*

"Sing just the bridge, okay?" Colton asked.
"Okay," I agreed laughed.

Where are the hopes, where are the dreams
My Cinderella story scene
When do you think they'll finally see

"That was great!" Skye laughed. "Mind telling me what it's about??"
"Isn't it obvious?" I asked.
"I guess." Colton shrugged.
"I like the song that you wrote tooo..." I stated, trailing off. "Mind telling me what it's about?"
"The one called Revenge?" Colton asked.
I nodded, and looked at him.
"It's about a stupid girl." He laughed.
"Obviously," Skye replied jokingly.
Colton rolled his eyes.
"Let's practice it," I suggested.
Colton nodded and started to play and sing.

By now you should know that everything you say
Can and will be used against you some day.
I got the microphone, so don't go to far.
Cause I'm gonna tell the whole world how you really are.

"I get to play guitar on that one, right?" I giggled.
Colton winked playfully.
"You know it, babe."
"Gees," I rolled my eyes. "When do we get to record? I really wanna lay it down."
"You don't get to until the very end. So we're writing a whole lot until then."
"Ughhhhhh," I groaned, closing my eyes. "I don't wanna wait. I'm wayyy tooo fucking impatient."
"We all know that." Skye rolled his eyes. "Let's go get some pizza. We've written like three more songs. I think that's good for today..."
"Me too," Colton agreed.
I smiled at my two best guy friends.
"I'm down for that."
♠ ♠ ♠
Decided to update. :)

xoxo Rae Marie