Status: Complete

I Don't Want This to Fade Away, as Easy as It Came

It Broke

"I never thought I'd be back on this land before in my life." I stated, looking around Newport High School. "It had to be a flabillion years ago that we were last here,"
"It wasn't that long, Kar." Lyric giggled.
"It sure does feel like it a lot of times," Emmie stated.
"You can say that again," Colton nodded.
"This makes me laugh at all the teachers that told us we would never amount to nothing," Lyle chuckled.
"Ms. Breece used to tell me to stop playing local gigs because my Calc grades weren't the best." Ethan stated, shaking his head.
"I slept with Mr. Greene. It was after Jared and I did." I rushed out. They all turned their heads and looked at me. "Oh thank God." I whispered.
"You did what?" Colton asked. "When?"
"I was seventeen and I wanted to get an A in math. . . and he offered...." I trailed off, feeling my cheeks heat up.
"Holy hell." Emmie giggled. "Every girl in that freaking class was all over him...but you actually slept with him?! That's intense."
"Not as bad as hooking up with Colton." I shrugged.
He chuckled, slinging his arm around me.
"Done and over with, Kar. Done and over with."
"True that." I laughed.
"Wow." Lyric stated, shaking her head.
"I like guys."
My head turned to the boy on the other side of me.
"What did you just say Skye?"
He took a deep breath, aware of the rest of the band and his brother staring at him.
"I said... I like guys."
"Like...you're gay?" Lyle asked carefully.
"Bisexual."
"H-How?" Lyric asked, looking at him. "We dated in high school! You've hooked up with Emmie and Karma....what?"
"I'm so fucking confused." Emmie shook her head.
"It's not that confusing guys, I'm just bi-sexual."
"Mind fuck." I muttered. "Why didn't you tell me, Skye?! You're my best friend. What the hell?!"
"I'm sorry." He sighed. "No one else knew...if that makes you guys feel any better."
"Why just now telling us?" Colton asked.
"I was scared," He stated, letting out a shaky breath. "It's not the easiest thing in the world to admit to,"
"But we're your family, Skye. We'll always be here for you," Lyric stated, wrapping her arms around the skinny boy next to me. "No matter what,"
"I don't care if you robbed a bank," Emmie giggled. "You'll always be Skylar Clark to me."
"Thanks guys..." He sighed and laughed.
"So... any boyfriends?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows.
He shook his head and laughed.
"Nosy girl..."
"But! Skylarrrrrr!" I whined.
"We just wanna know!" Emmie begged.
"We're supportive, ya know!" Lyric added.
He rolled his eyes.
"His name is Dan."
"Oooohhh. Dan." Colton stated in a deep voice. "When do we get to meet him?"
"Um... he lives here. I can text him if you want me too?"
"YES!" I squeaked. "I wanna meet my besties beau!"
"Wow, Karma. Just wow."
"I can't help itttt! I just wanna make sure he's good enough for our Skylar." I replied in a baby voice.
"Next person that calls me Skylar will get kicked in the jugular."
"Dawe, Skylar's getting defensive." Aiden joked.
Skye gave him the death glare.
"Mom will fucking kill me if I hurt you...."
"No shit." Aiden laughed. "But no one cares that you like guys to."
He laughed.
"Good to know." He shook his head. "Should we go into the school?"
"Sure..." Lyle shrugged. "Why y'all looking at me?"
"Because you're our manager...." I trailed off.
"Since when do you guys ever fucking listen to me?"
"Goooodddd point." Colton laughed. "So are we in?"
"I'm in," Lyric smiled at Colton and her older brother.
"Me too." Ethan and Skye stated at the same time.
"Who is it going to hurt?" Aiden questioned.
"I might as well..." Emmie trailed off, leaving them all to look at me.
"Looks like I have no choice." I smiled. "Where are we going to go?"
"How about our senior year classes?" Skye suggested.
"But we have to go to Mr. Moore's office," Lyle pointed out. "And what about the van? Can we just leave it here?"
"I guess?" I shrugged. "Come on, this isn't going to be that bad,"
"Follow me," Ethan stated.
Lyric rolled her eyes, but we followed him anyway into the school. Nothing really had changed. It was still the same highschool as it was when we were growing up. Aiden just walked right into the office, followed by every member of the band. Ms. Reynolds looked up at us.
"Can I help you?" She looked confused.
"We're just here for a visit. Can we get visitors passes?" Lyle asked, crossing his tattooed arms over his chest.
"Um...let me call Mr. Moore." She replied sweetly before dialing his office. She talked for a moment before setting her phone back down. "He said to go on back."
"Thanks," Emmie smiled at her. She returned it and we all, as a large group, talked back into the office. Mr. Moore was at his desk, pulling out the visitor's passes when we walked in. At the sound of his door closing, he looked up at us.
"Well...if it isn't Lyle, Colton, and Karma." He shook his head.
I blushed.
So I may have been a trouble maker in high school.
"Hi," Colton laughed. "We decided that we wanted to come by and see everyone."
"How nice of you guys. I never thought I'd see the seven of you back in these halls."
"Trust me, we didn't either." Ethan stated, laughing a little bit.
"What did you all do after high school?"
"We got signed about two years ago by Interscope Records." Skye started out. "Most of us went to college after high school."
"I moved to Texas with Emmie." I spoke up.
"And we split up as a band back then, but now we're back together." Colton laughed.
"We all live in Texas," Lyric added. "We're only here to record."
"How is the rock star life?" He asked, slightly laughing.
"It's pretty....intense." Ethan stated, rubbing the back of his neck.
"I had a kid," I shrugged like it wasn't a big deal. "She's about two."
Mr. Moore took in everything that we were saying.
"We're having an assembly in just about ten minutes. Mind coming to speak?"
"Depends on what that assembly is about?"
"I just made it up," Mr. Moore smiled. Talk to them about anything. Your life growing up here, the band, tour. Something to motivate them."
"You're just trying to show off the fact that a famous band graduated from here," Lyle laughed.
"That may be true." He shook his head. "Any shows coming up?"
"Well...we kind of have one tonight,"
"Great! Tell the kids!" he laughed. "You don't need passes. I'll buzz Ms. Reynolds and tell her your alumni. Now if you would excuse me, I have an announcement to make."
We nodded and left his office.
"Tonight's that surprise show right?" Emmie asked.
"Yeah. It's free, so hopefully the kids will get to make it out." Colton stated.

*

I ran frantically around the dressing room, looking for a outfit to wear on stage in less than ten mintues.
"Karma, please breathe?" Emmie asked. "You're making me worry about you,"
"She's going fucking insane." Lyric added with a laugh. "Just breathe."
"I am," I sighed, finally finding my really loose, button up, grey tank top. I slipped it on over my bra and slipped on my shoes. "Are you guys ready to go out there?"
"Pretty much. The guys are waiting on the side stage for the other band to end."
"Who's the other band?"
"The Maine." Emmie smiled.
"No way! Why didn't you guys tell me?" I asked, pouting.
Lyric rolled her eyes.
"Lyle mentioned it, you just ignored him."
"Ugh." I groaned before we walked out of the dressing room and onto the side of the stage. I had a great view of the crowd. I watched them as they jumped and sang along with John Ohh. I smiled as I saw former teachers and students that we met today gathered in the crowd. The only thing that would make this better is if Jonathan was here.
"You guys are fucking insane." John laughed into his mic. "We're The Maine, and we're warming you guys up for The District!"
People screamed loudly. I smirked when I saw Mr. Greene in the crowd.
"Once upon a time, Karma and I got down and dirty," He playfully winked in my direction. I shook my head. "This song is about that."
"That was nearly three years ago." Garret laughed.
"Come join me for this song, okay?" He waved me out there. I laughed but I walked out onstage.
"No way!" I commented. "I LOVED that record. That happened to be like my favorite song."
John made a face at me.
"No way! Good job, Karma. Way to not get it was about you." He paushed. "You never seem to be able to wear clothes."
"I don't like normal clothes. I prefer to look like Ke$ha but without the glitter." I joked before they started an intro.
"This is your hometown, right?"
I sighed and nodded.
"Yesssss Johnnnn."
"Don't sound so bored." He laughed. "This song is called Kiss and Sell. Sing along if you know the words."
(Originally by The Maine.)

Another party with the same kids,
Another night with the same drinks
I need to find myself a new chick
I need to kiss a set of new lips

She's gotta be something new to me
A fresh face, someone new to please
So come on, come on girl, just you and me
Oh come on girl, just you and me

This kind of girl makes it rough (makin' it rough)
Holding our breath while we touch
She won't kiss and tell, but this isn't how
She got that name, it all seems like a game
How she moves so well, I won't call this hell
If I had to guess, I'd say we have a mess you could sell

And how am I supposed to think,
With her hands all over me
Telling me the right things,
Ever so distracting

She's gotta be something new to me
Loose ends but no sight of strings
So come on, come on girl, just you and me
Oh come on girl, just you and me

This kind of girl makes it rough (makin' it rough)
Holding our breath while we touch
She won't kiss and tell, but this isn't how
She got that name, it all seems like a game
How she moves so well, I won't call this hell
If I had to guess, I'd say we have a mess you could sell

She's makin' it harder, harder to breathe
I'm gettin' weaker, but still pullin' the strings

The lights are all off, there's no one around
We've both lost our minds, nowhere to be found
It's gettin' hot, I'm not saying this is hell
but I swear, this girl's a mess you could sell

She won't kiss and tell, but this isn't how
She got that name, it all seems like a game
How she moves well, I won't call this hell
If I had to guess, I'd say we've got a mess you could sell


After the song, I hugged John, kissing his cheek lightly before returning back to the side of the stage where the rest of my band was currently standing. After two more songs, The Maine had finished and our tech's came out on stage.
"Great set, John." I smiled.
He smiled back.
"You really think so?"
I nodded.
"It was amazing."
"Glad to hear it." He laughed. "Can we catch up while they set you up?"
"Sure." I agreed easily before I followed him backstage to where they all were standing. "You look so different." I commented.
"Yeah, my hair is sort of shorter...."
"And you have scruff!" I stated, noticing it on his pretty face. "You're growing up O'Callaghan,"
"You too...Stacy?" He laughed. "That sounds fucked up coming from my mouth."
I smiled.
"It does, John-O," I laughed. I linked arms with the slightly younger lead singer, and we walked into the dressing room. "What's up with you these days?"
"Ah...the same old, same old. Single, traveling, writing. You?"
"Um... recording, it's complicated, and taking care of Lena."
"How is she?" He asked, smiling.
"She's good." I smiled. "She's growing up fast. I've already noticed that she has a knack for singing."
"Like her parents."
"Yeah." I laughed. "Like me and Jonathan."
John looked down at his hands.
"Do you know for sure that Jonathan's her father."
I was taken aback from his question.
"O-of course I'm sure," I defended myself. "You and Alex used condom's so it's no-."
"It broke."
My eyes widened as I stared at the gorgeous man in front of me.
"I-it w-w-what?"
"It. Broke. The condom fucking broke." He repeated before standing up and walking out of the room.
So that's what he meant when he said that he wanted to talk to me.
Fuck. My. Life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update! How was that for bombshell?!?!?! Leave me stuff!

Karma, Colton, Emmie, Lyric, Lyle,
Skye

Hope you loved it! :D

xoxo Rae Marie.