Status: Complete

I Don't Want This to Fade Away, as Easy as It Came

Club

"John! Wait up!" I yelled, walking out behind him. But his legs are a whole lot longer than mine, causing me to have to almost run. "John O'Callaghan!" I yelled, earning glances from his other band mates.
He sighed, but stopped.
"Didn't you ever even consider the fact?" He questioned, the rest of my band coming into view.
"Not really...."
"Why?" He questioned. "Look at Elena. It isn't impossible."
"She does have your hair color..." I trailed of slightly. "But that's my natural hair color too."
"I'm just asking how you could be 100% sure that Elena is Jonathan's daughter. She could very well me mine too." He replied.
My facial expression softened.
"I-I'm sorry, John. I didn't know...."
"I know that you didn't. And I didn't say anything for a reason..."
"Which would be?"
"I didn't want to ruin your relationship with Jonathan." He laughed. "I had a girlfriend too. I didn't...I just...I don't know." He sighed.
"John...." I trailed off. "I-I don't know what to say?"
"You don't have to say anything." John shook his head. "Just consider it...okay?"
I nodded my head.
"Okay." I replied before opening my arms. "Hug?"
"Hug." He agreed, hugging me tightly. "Play a good set, okay? We've gotta get back to the studio."
"Thanks for telling me John."
Even if it didn't help anything.
"No problem." He replied. John stepped back and waved to everyone before they walked on down the hall and out the back.
"Karma...."
I turned around and my best friends were staring at me for an explanation. I just shook my head and walked toward the stage.
After a couple of songs, we decided to play a new song.
"Thanks for coming out tonight." I stated into the mic, catching my breath. "It means a lot to us that you guys support us!"
"Shut the hell up, Karma. You're rambling." Colton joked.
"Fuck off man." I giggled back.
"Karma you bitch!" Skye laughed. "So, we've been in the recording studio for quite some time now. We're recently recording new material....I think it's time to display some of that."
"I think so." Emmie laughed from her keyboard.
"Me toooooo." I added before Lyric hit the drums a few times.
"Our new music is a tad bit different than the last album....right?" Skye asked.
"For sure." I nodded in agreement.
"This song is called Just Tonight!" Colton announced.
(Originally by The Pretty Reckless)

Here we are and I can think from all the pills you made
Start the car and take me home
Here we are and you're too drunk to hear a word I say
Start the car and take me home

Just tonight I will stay
And we'll throw it all away
When the light hits your eyes
It's telling me I'm right
And if I, I am through
It's all because of you
Just tonight

But here I am and I can't seem to see straight
But I'm too numb to feel right now
And here I am watching the clock that's ticking away my time
I'm too numb to feel right now

Just tonight I will stay
And we'll throw it all away
When the light hits your eyes
It's telling me I'm right
And if I, I am through
It's all because of you
Just tonight

Just Tonight

Do you understand who I am
Do you wanna know
Can you really see through me now
I am 'bout to go

But just tonight I won't leave
I'll lie and you'll believe
Just tonight I will see
It's all because of me

Just tonight I will stay
And we'll throw it all away
When the light hits your eyes
It's telling me I'm right
And if I, I am through
It's all because of you
Just tonight

It's all because of you
Just tonight

It's all because of you
Just tonight

It's all because of you
Just tonight

It's all because of you
Just tonight


"Who knew we could writing something like that?"
"Don't sound so surprised." I threatened. "Anyway. We're gonna play another song. It's called Take It Back!" I replied before we started into that song.

*

"I'm homeeeee." I sang, walking into my empty house with Emmie right behind me. I rolled my luggage toward my bedroom, leaving them at the door. "Damn, I missed this place."
"Me too." Emmie agreed. "Even if I am barely here,"
"I know that you just moved in to help with Elena... but she's older now. Seriously, hun. If Kyle wants you to move in with him, then do it."
The girl sighed heavily.
"We broke up."
"What?!" My head snapped toward her. "Why? When?"
"Before we even left to record." Emmie smiled sadly at me.
"Why?"
"It was hard on us. I know that you don't want to hear this, but our relationship was really sex driven,"
"Like your relationship with Ethan was?"
"No, because then it was Ethan that wanted it all of the time. Now it's me,"
I furrowed my brows at the brunette.
"But you and Kyle were so perfect together. What changed?"
"Correction, you and Jonathan were perfect together. When I found out that he had been cheating on you...it really opened my eyes. If Jonathan could cheat than Kyle just as easily could to."
"Awe...Em..." I trailed off. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"
"It's one of those things that could've easily waited,"
"Emily Day, a break up is not something that could have easily waited. I can't imagine what kind of pain you're in."
"It's my fault." She huffed. "He loves me, and I love him...but I told Kyle that this relationship is toxic."
"But... no." I sighed. "I'm not letting you fucking to this to yourself. I did it to me. Don't do that to you,"
Em looked at me sadly.
"The damage is done, Karma. Not much you can do to fix it."
"We'll see about that. Elena's still with Jonathan. I'm taking you out tonight to have a good time. Be ready in twenty."
"Kar...I really don't think that's a good idea."
"It is. Now shut up and go get dressed!"
"Fine." Em agreed and walked off, toward her own room.
I quickly turned around and let myself into my room along with my luggage. I felt my phone vibrated in my pocket, and I fished it out, seeing a text from Jonathan.
Lena's with my parents tonight. No worries :)
I smiled down at the text message. I hadn't told him that we were back yet. Sure, it may be wrong, but Emmie really needed me right now. She's my best friend. I can't leave her hanging like that. It would be wrong. She needs to have some fun...and talk to Kyle.
I finished getting ready and headed back toward the living room. I was finished before Emmie, so I had to wait on her for a few minutes. I sighed heavily, trying to at least get in the mood to go out. Emmie seriously needs me right now. She's hurting.
"I'm ready." She announced.
I looked up and smile.
"Hot!"
"Look at you!"
I laughed and shook my head.
"Come on girly!"
"Let's goooooo." Emmie agreed before we walked out of our house and to my car. "Is Elena okay?"
"Yeah, man." I replied. "She's with Jonathan's parents."
Emmie raised her eyebrows.
"Why would that be?"
I nearly froze, but I continued to drive.
"Um...I'd rather not think about that." I replied, avoiding the subject. He's always a touchy subject. "He just told me that she was safe with them."
"Shouldn't he tell you where he's at?"
"We're not in a committed relationship anymore, Em...." I sighed, looking over at my best friend. "He doesn't have to tell me." I replied, and looked back at the road.
"It's your life...but I'm telling you right now...you're fucking it up majorly."
"I could say the same for you,"
That comment kept her quiet the rest of the drive there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm....predictions??? :)

Leave me stuff! xD

xoxo Rae Marie