Status: Complete

I Don't Want This to Fade Away, as Easy as It Came

John's Her Dad

“You look adorable,” John commented as he hugged me tightly.
“Thanks,” I laughed before we pulled away and sat down on in the booth. “How have you been?”
“I should be asking you that.” He smiled over at me.
I shrugged.
“I’ve been better...” I admitted.
“Taking the break-up pretty hard?”
“Yeah...I love him,” I said sadly. “But...the relationship just wasn’t...working.”
“I really wanted you two to make it...just so you know that. I was rooting for you guys all the way.”
I nodded.
“Thanks, John. That really means a lot to me,”
“I’m here for you, okay?” He laughed.
“Thanks...again,” I replied. “I know that I haven’t asked in a really long time, but how are things with Rachel?”
“We broke up a while ago.”
“Why?”
“I...um...I realized that I was in love with this girl named Bailey,” John replied. “We’ve been dating for a little over a year.”
“Gees,” I laughed. “Where has the time gone?”
“I don’t know. A lot can happen in a year.”
I looked down at my nails.
“You’re telling me.”
“You guys are touring together this summer too, aren’t you?”
` “Yeah...” I huffed. “We’re going back to the studio soon too. I’ve written like three songs in the past two days that’s like...really raw for us. I’m kind of stoked to be doing this tour,”
“Such an interview answer,” He joked. “But that’s good, right?”
I nodded.
“It’s definitely taking a more mature direction in our music. The lyrics are....better?”
John and I laughed as the waitress handed us our food.
“I just got you some nachos.” John explained. “I know you don’t eat meat now,”
I giggled.
“Thanks, John.” I replied. “And a Dr. Pepper? Good best friend points.”
“I try,” He shrugged. “Will you be okay on tour?”
“I hope so,” I laughed nervously.
“Tell you what, if you ever feel completely overwhelmed and need someone to help you keep a level head, just call The Maine.” John stated. “We’ll get there as soon as we can. I promise you,”
“That means a lot to me, John.” I laughed.
“Just trying to be there for you,” He smiled. “Who is Elena staying with this summer?”
“I was thinking my mom...but the woman’s not that dependable.”
“I-I could take her?” He offered.
I stared at him for the moment.
“Would you be comfortable with that?” I asked him. “I don’t really see a problem with that...Elena adores you,”
“I don’t mind.” He smiled. “I love that kid.”
“I know,” I laughed. “Okay...you’ve got yourself a deal, Mr. Ohh.”
“So I can take her for the summer?”
I nodded.
“Of course,” I replied.
John and I finished eating and he drove me home. We listened to Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers. We sang loudly and annoyingly before he finally stopped outside of my house.
“And here we are.”
“Do you want to come in and say hey to Elena?” I asked. “Kyle and Em are in there babysitting.”
“Yeah, I’ll come in.” He smiled.
We both got out and walked into my house.
“Mommy!” Elena yelled as she raced toward my legs. She did her best to wrap her lanky arms around my legs.
“Hey, baby girl.” I replied bending down and picking her up. John slipped inside right behind me. I moved into the living room where Kyle was in the room with his hair a mess and make up on. Emmie was taking pictures with her phone. “You make a very pretty girl, Kyle.”
He batted his eyelashes.
“I do, don’t I?” He laughed before he stood up.
“No! You gotta sit down.” Elena practically yelled.
“No I don’t,” Kyle stated, sticking his tongue out at her. “Hey, John.”
Elena peaked over my shoulder.
“Johnny!” Elena yelled before she was reaching for him.
“Hey, kid.” John laughed, easily taking her from my grasp.
“Whoa,” Kyle and Emmie stated at the same time.
“What?” I asked, laughing.
Kyle nodded toward John. I turned around and I looked at him. He was holding Elena, and that’s when I really understood what they were saying. Elena was a carbon copy of him. Sure, she acted a whole lot like Jonathan sometimes, but this resemblance was undeniable. I stood there, looking at the two of them. She was tugging at his hair. He just laughed.
“Karma...” Kyle trailed off.
I turned to look at the made up blonde and he gave me a confused look. I turned back toward John and Elena.
“Lena, do you want to spend the summer with me?” John asked her.
She nodded her head up and down quickly.
“I like you better than my gramma,” She spoke, talking about my mom.
I just laughed.
“Do you want to stay in Arizona?” He asked a second time.
She crossed her arms and gave him a look.
“Yes,” She stated.
I shook my head.
“Ever the attitude,” I shook my head.
“Just like someone else I know,” Emmie joked.
“Momma...can I pwease stay wif Johnny?” She asked me.
I nodded.
“Yeah, baby.”
“YAY! I can make you pweatty like Kyle.” She replied, looking over at the drummer.
The two tall and lanky men laughed. John set Elena down, who pouted and stomped off toward her room.
“I hate to cut this short, but I have to get back to the hotel.”
“Okay.” I smiled before I hugged him tightly. “I’ll see you later.”
“Deal,” he laughed. “Bye Karma, Kyle, Emmie.” He waved to us before he started toward the door.
“DON’T GO!” Elena yelled, running back into the living room. She wrapped her arms and legs around one of John’s legs. He just laughed. “Pwease?” She pouted.
I giggled.
“Ellie, John has to go.”
“No he doesn’t.” She shook her head, causing her wavy dirty brown/blonde hair to fly. “He can’t move. I go wif him if he does.”
“How about John stays here tonight?”
John looked at me, and Elena unlatched herself from him.
“Would that be a good idea?”
“YES!” Elena yelled, jumping up and down.
“I need to go get some clothes from my hotel room first.”
“Can I go to?” Elena pouted.
I looked over at John.
“I don’t care.”
“I...um...” John scratched the back of his neck. “Okay?”
“I’ll go get her car seat.” I laughed, walking back out of my house. I got the car seat of my car, and I found John and Elena walking down the stairs. I easily moved the car seat and strapped it in. John handed Elena to me, and I sat her into the seat. She was excited to be going with John so she didn’t give me trouble when I strapped her in. I kissed her head quickly before I shut the door.
“Are you sure I can take her?”
“John, she’s in there. Go ahead.”
He huffed and nodded.
“I’ll be back in like half an hour.”
“Alrighty,” I replied stepping up the stairs as he got in his vehicle. I turned around and walked back into the house.
“John’s her dad,” Kyle stated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bomb... you're welcome :)

♥ Rae