Status: Complete

I Don't Want This to Fade Away, as Easy as It Came

Is Johnny My Daddy?

“John’s her dad,”
The words came from Kyle.
I looked over at him.
“It looks that way.” I huffed. “I knew that she looked somewhat like him...but that....” I trailed off.
“That was...carbon copy.” Emmie stated, looking over at her boyfriend.
“What about Jonathan?” He asked me. “Does he know?”
“Yeah...” I trailed off and sat down on the couch.
“Did you ever think about getting a blood test done?”Kyle asked me as he sat down beside me.
“I can’t, Kyle.” I shook my head. “I rather not know than put either of them through that.”
“I understand,” The blonde stated, placing his arm over my shoulders. “The other night was huge for you guys. You’re actually...over.”
I nodded my head staring straight ahead.
“It’s weird, isn’t it?”
“Definitely,” Emmie agreed.
Kyle sighed heavily.
“You not going to run off to John Ohh now are you?”
I laughed out loudly.
“That’s a HUGE no, Kyle.” I replied. “John is strictly my friend. He is so in love with this girl named Bailey. They’re really close. That would be weird. John’s just a really good friend.”
“Thank God,” Kyle breathed. “It would kill him,”
“I don’t want to hurt him, Kyle.”
“Then why did you two break-up?”
“Because I’m protecting my own heart...he stomped all over it too many times.” I replied softly.
Kyle nodded and we were quiet for a few more minutes until his phone started ringing.
“I have to go.” Kyle stated, standing up.
I looked up at him and busted out laughing.
“You might want to go clean up first.”
“Shit.” He muttered before he went into my bathroom to clean himself off.
Emmie giggled.
“I’m glad you guys worked it out.” I stated, looking at her.
“I’m happy,” Emmie admitted. “I love Kyle.”
“He loves you to.” I nodded. “Are you guys okay now?”
“We’re working on it.” She smiled. “He’s...faithful.”
“I know,” I nodded, looking down at my hands.
“Well, thank you for letting us watch Elena.” Kyle stated as he came back into my living room only a minute or so later. “Em are you coming?”
Emmie looked at me.
I nodded toward Kyle.
“Go,” I replied, smiling at her.
“Thanks.” She mouthed. “Let me get my stuff,” She said, speaking to Kyle.
“I’ll be waiting.” He laughed. “Are you going to be okay?”
I shrugged.
“I’ll be fine. I’ve got Elena, John, and my band.”
“You’ve got me and Austin too,”
“Thanks, Kyle.” I smiled at the tall blonde before I walked toward him. I hugged his torso tightly and he hugged me back.
“Just don’t get in over your head, kid.”
I pulled back from him and nodded my head.
“I’m ready,” Emmie stated as we walked back into the living room. “Are you ready?”
“Yeah, I’m good.” Kyle replied before they both waved at me and left.
`I sighed heavily as I watched the two of them leave. Kyle’s call had to be from Jonathan. He made it obvious when he stated that he had to go. I know that I hurt Jonathan, but he hurt me in return. I cheated once, and drunk, as opposed to him cheating for nearly a year. I forgave him...almost. Like I told him, dancing with Brittany was the last straw. I couldn’t exactly take him back after that. It killed me.
A knock on my door made me jump. I walked over and I opened it to see John and Elena there.
“Mommy, we’re back!” She yelled excitedly.
I smiled at my little girl in John’s arms.
“I see that, baby girl.”
“I love Johnny, Momma. He’s funny. A lot funnier than daddy.” She stated.
My eyes flashed to John’s as a confused expression crossed his features.
“Baby, why don’t you pick up your toys and take them to your room?”
“Fine,” She pouted.
John laughed before he sat her down. She went straight to work at putting her toys away.
“John?”
“Yeah?”
“On a scale from one to ten....how obvious is it that Elena’s your daughter?” I asked, looking up at him.
He chewed on his lip.
“I have no idea, Karma. What do you think?” He asked me.
I huffed.
“On a scale from one to ten? It’s an 15,”
“That obvious.”
“She looks so much like you that it’s scary. Kyle didn’t even know that you could possibly be her dad. Once you picked her up, it was obvious.” I answered. “Elena is definitely your child.” I laughed nervously.
“Holy shit,” He mumbled, sitting down on the couch beside me. “Wow.”
“I-I thought that maybe she just looked like me. Because I have green eyes and brown hair...but damn.”
“That obvious?” He joked.
“Very. You two have the same facial features and she’s relatively skinny and tall for her age. You’re a freaking giant.”
“I’m not that tall.” He rolled his eyes.
I didn’t get to say anything else before Elena bound back into the room. She walked over to us and put one hand on each of our knees.
“Mommy?”
“Yeah?”
“Is Johnny my daddy?” She asked, looking confused.
I stole a glance at John.
I nodded my head slowly.
“He is your dad, Elena.”
Elena beamed and jumped up and down happily.
“Yay!” She giggled before she crawled up onto the couch. She moved until she was standing on the couch and had her hands tracing John’s face. He just laughed and smiled at her. “I love you, daddy.”
“I love you too, Elena.” He smiled. She let go of his face and wrapped her arms around his neck tightly.
It was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen in my life, but my heart broke for the man she thought was her dad the first two years of her life.
“I’m putting in The Lion King,” I announced, getting up off of the couch and putting in Elena’s favorite movie. We watched the movie, and Elena sang all the words that she knew. Before the movie even finished, the little girl was passed out.
“I’ll take her to her room?” John offered.
I smiled at him.
“That would be nice.” I laughed before he scooped up the little girl and took her to her room. I turned off the movie and begun to lock everything up.
“She sleeps like a rock.” John laughed. “A lot like me,”
“I do to,” I commented. “Well, once I fall asleep.” I replied.
John laughed.
“I got the invite to Lyric and Austin’s wedding the other night.”
“That’s awesome.” I laughed. “I can’t believe that they’re getting married next month. It feels like it was just yesterday that it was Alex’s wedding.”
“He got married in January right?”
“Yeah, about two months ago,” I laughed. “It’s almost April.”
“When do you leave for tour again?”
“Like the first week of May. I get to work with our manager and the label for the tour. I feel so special.”
“Why not the other band members?”
“Because I’m the lead singer, bitch,” I laughed.
“Whatever.” He chuckled.
“Will you do me a huge favor and be my date to Lyric’s wedding?”
John laughed.
“I’d love to Miss. Karma.” He joked.
At least I wasn’t going alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter made me sad :(

Please comment???

♥ Rae