Status: Complete

I Don't Want This to Fade Away, as Easy as It Came

Wedding Invite

"Hey babe!" Emmie yelled, walking into our house.

"Hey girly," I laughed from the kitchen, where I was cooking rice and chicken for the three of us. Elena was in the living room watching old re-runs of Disney shows. "How was Kyle's?"

"Fun, like always," She replied with a cheeky smile.

I rolled my eyes.

"You guys are so gross."

"You're the one to talk," She winked playfully. "What did you and Mr. Cook do after Halloween anyway?"

"Well..." I trailed off and bit my lip.

"Nasty," She giggled, but I could tell that she thought it was great.

"Yeah and we went to Rosa's last night. It was a great conversation about our three-year anniversary and Elena growing up...but when we got there, he just got out. He didn't open the car door for me, Em."

Her jaw dropped.

"He didn't?"

I shook my head.

"Nope. He didn't even know that what he did was wrong! Like he asked me why I wasn't right behind him!"

"What did you do?"

"I lied to him," I shrugged, stiring the chicken and rice. "He believed it,"

"That's very un-Jonathan like."

"Tell me about it," I agreed, rolling my eyes. "I wanted to hit him."

"You would never." Emmie laughed.

"I know. That's what bugs me," I mumbled. "Thank God we have a concert tomorrow night. Elena and Jonathan are coming, and I'm sure some more of FTSK is too."

"Yeah, Austin and Kyle are definitely coming. Taylor is working our merch, and Caleb is tagging along with her," Emmie explained.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you what we got!" I stated excitedly before setting down the fork, and walking into the living room. I picked up the piece of mail, and handed it to Emmie.

"No fucking way! That's intense!"

I nodded my head and smiled.

"I know! But it's great, isn't it?"

"I'm glad that they worked out," Emmie admitted. "Is that were Liz has been lately?"

"Yeah," I giggled and took the wedding invitation in my hands. "She's one of Katie's bride's maid's."

"That's awesome," Emmie laughed. "Jack is insanely good to her that it isn't even funny."

I smiled at the thought of Jack and Liz together.

"I'm just excited that Katie let Alex invite us."

"We've known them too long not to be invited."

"That's true. The guys got invited to."

"Kyle should probably check his mail then."

"Probably, but you take up most of his time,"

"Wellll duh." She rolled her eyes. "Get back to cookin! I want fooddddd."

"Fine, Em." I laughed and walked back to the kitchen to stir the food. "Why can't Kyle feed you,"

"Oh he does."

"Gross!" I giggled before finishing the chicken and rice. "Please get Elena?"

"Sure thing," She replied.

After we were done eating and I put Elena to bed, Emmie and I were sitting in our living room watching tv. I wasn't even paying attention to the show, but I was playing around with my iPhone in my hands instead. I itched to text or call Jonathan. I've just felt uneasy around him for a while. He's not acting how he used to, and I hate it.

"You're overthinking again, Kay." Emmie stated, bringing me out of my deep thoughts.

"Jonathan's just confusing me!" I groaned in frustration. "Since when is he the type of guy to beat around the bush? He's a sweetheart. He has always been, but recently...."

"I know. I can tell," Emmie pouted. "Kyle pointed out,"

"Wow. Thanks." I scoffed.

"Look, we're worried and we care. How about we go shopping tomorrow to cheer you up before sound check in Austin?"

"Okay," I smiled at my best friend.

Shopping makes girls feel so much better.

 

*

"Thanks guys," I giggled as we got back to our hotel room. "I needed that."

"No problemo." Lyric stated.

Emmie rolled her eyes.

"You act like it was your idea,"

"So? Your point?" She questioned.

I shook my head at the two of them.

"We really got to get ready. I want to look good tonight."

"Well duh,"

"Obvious right?"

"Very much so." Lyric giggled. "Are you wearing that cut out shirt?"

I nodded my head up and down.

"Yeah. My bra and belly ring are gonna be visible, but ooh well." I playfully winked at the two of them. Emmie rolled her eyes at me, and Lyric laughed.

"Just go get ready...."

"Will do!" I stated, ready heading toward the bathroom.

This concert was going to be amazing...or I might just cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT PLEASE? :)

xoxo Rae Marie