Status: Complete

I Don't Want This to Fade Away, as Easy as It Came

Bethany

"I don't know how Elena's going to take tour," I admitted to Lyric over the phone.

"Who is she staying with?"

"Taylor," I replied.

Taylor had to stay here this tour, because we already have Aiden doing merch, and FTSK is going out on their own tour.

"Well, I'm helping Kyle pack. Are you packing?"

"Yeah," I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "I'm actually almost done."

"That's good," Emmie replied and there was an awkward pause. "I have to go. Bye, Karma."

"Okay?" I questioned after the line already went dead. Everyone has been acting really weird around me lately. I want to seriously know what all of it has been about. Is there seriously something I don't know about that's going on? It's not likely. I see them nearly everyday. But why would they all of the sudden act all...secretive. I'm not talking about the girls, of course, but mostly the FTSK boys. Jonathan never opened any doors for me anymore, Austin became all awkward near me, Caleb looked like he wanted to kill someone and had the attitude from hell, and Kyle kept looking at me like he pittied me. It was fucked up. And now one of my best girl friends is making short phone call's with me, and she basically spends all of her time with Kyle. Something just isn't adding up.

"Mommy!" My little girl yelled, running into my room.

"Hey, baby." I replied. "I thought you were watching tv?"

"I got bored." She pouted.

I giggled and rolled my eyes at her.

"I love you,"

"I wove you too, momma." She smiled at me, her green eyes shinning.

"Go put on your boots. We've gotta go to the store."

"Okay...." She huffed, but left the room in a hurry. I giggled at the kid before I shut my suite case, and walked out of the room. I slipped on the Love Everyone hoodie before walking into Elena's room.

"Are you ready?"

"Yupp," She replied, and walked toward me. With her little arms, she reached up toward me. I giggled and bent down to pick her up. "I want cereal."

"Okay," I giggled in responce. I walked out of her room swept up my purse, and walked out of the front door. After basically fighting with Elena to get her into the car seat, I was able to get into the driver's seat and started toward a Wal-Mart. "Are you excited about going over to daddy's tomorrow night?"

"Yessssss." She yelled happily.

"Daddy's excited too," I replied.

 

*

 

"Elena, seriously," I laughed after putting back the extra boxes of cereal that the three-year old had managed to pull from the shelf.

"Nooooo."

"Yessssss."

"No."

"Elena, yes."

"No, mommy,"

"You are definitely your father's child," I said, mostly to myself.

"Beff!"

I furrowed my brows and turned toward where my child's arms were outreached.

There stood a brunette, a few inches taller than I was, with brown eyes and blinding white teeth. She was dressed like any girly girl would, which I am not, and she had hair that curled down to her mid-back. I felt ugly next to her, but I know that I'm not.

"Hey, kido," She laughed and walked closer to the cart. "What are you up too?"

"Shopping wif momma." Elena announced proudly.

I looked at her slightly confused, but I smiled at the un-known girl.

"Hi..um... I'm Karma Stacy, Elena's mom." I laughed awkwardly, sticking out my hand for the girl to shake.

"Bethany Ruffin."

"Nice to meet you," I smiled.

"Yeah, you to." She replied with a nice smile. "I've heard a lot about you."

"Good, I hope," I lightly joked.

She laughed, and then hugged Elena.

"I have to go. I'll see you later, okay, El?"

"Kay! Bye Beffy!"

"Bye," Bethany laughed and waved at us as she walked away.

Wait....how did she hear about me? I stood frozen in my place, not knowing what to think exactly.

"Elena...who was that?" I asked as soon as I was sure Bethany was out of sight.

"Daddy's friend."

My heart stopped.

"What do you mean, baby?"

"She stays with Daddy a lot when I'm there."

"Oh..."

Not something you want to hear from your three-year old daughter.

 

*

 
"Why does everyone keep staring at me awkwardly?!" I nearly snapped at the couples in front of me. Jonathan was running late...again. Skye was looking after Elena while we had our group date. "I'm I growing an extra head or something?"

"We heard you met Bethany today." Kyle was the first to speak up.

Okay?

"What does that have to do with anything???"

"It has a whole hell of a lot to do with it." Caleb snapped, but Taylor carefully placed her hand over his in attempt to calm him down.

"Guys...?" I trailed off, staring at all of my friends. "Seriously, someone tell me about this Bethany chick?"

"Look, just know that she's not just his friend." Caleb retorted, standing up and storming to a bedroom, slamming the door behind him.

"W-what does he...mean?"

"Karma...." Kyle sighed, looking at me right in the eyes. "Jonathan is-"

"I'm what?" Jonathan asked, walking into the house without knocking. He chuckled and kissed my forehead lightly.

I felt shaky and I looked into his green eyes. I searched for something-anything to prove that my suspictions about him were wrong. But I found only one thing- guilt. That alone proved that what Kyle was about to say would have broken my heart into a thousand pieces.

"Glad you showed up." Caleb mumbled, walking back into the room. I snapped out of my daze and looked at Jonathan.

"Are you ready to go, baby?"

"Don't call me that." I whispered.

"What?"

"I said Don't. Call. Me. That." I seethed, standing up from my seat and walking toward the door.

"Karma...where are you going?"

"Home. We're done."

"What?! Why?! I love you Karma."

"That's why you're cheating on me right?" I snapped at him. Lyric's eyes grew wide and then glared. I knew that she was pissed. "Go fuck Bethany, Jonathan. I'm obviously not enough for you,"

"But Karma! You are!"

"Sure I am. That's why you've been cheating, right?" I asked. I rolled my eyes before leaving the house.

That's what I get when I let my heart win.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm horrible! I know :(

xoxo Rae Marie