Status: A work in progess. :)

You Got Me.

Hell is what you make it.

Image

I always found myself here, climbing in through his window because something happened or I needed to talk or simply because being alone wasn't appealing.

This time though, it was different.

I knew he was going to be irate with me once he found this out, but right now I need him more than anyone else.

Just him, my best friend.

"Maria?" He whispered and the light on his night stand came on as I closed his window.

I breathed in deepily before turning around and he jumped off his bed as if it was on fire. I had an idea what I looked like and I was thankful it was just him seeing me like a mess. Between my tears causing my mascara to run and the mixture of blood I'm sure it wasn't that appealing.

"What happened?"  He asked not bothering to whisper or keep quiet as he examined my face scared to touch me.

I tried to talk but my sobs stopped me with each word.

"Ok. It's ok Maria. It's ok. Hold on." He said dashing off to his bathroom and I sat on his bed blankly not sure what to do or say.

He sat beside me with a washcloth and gently began cleaning my face as softly as he could. I couldn't stop the tears and he rubbed my back with his free hand.

"Yeh gotta tell meh what happened sweetie, so I can fix this." He said wiping my cheek gently as I opened my eyes to meet his overly concerned ones.

I breathed in and he handed me the washcloth so I could take my eye make up off. He waited patiently and when I was done he tossed the washcloth into his dirty clothes that were, surprisingly, in a pile for once.

"Thanks." I said softly and he nodded as I laid down wth a sigh.

"Maria. Tell meh what the fuck happened." He said brushing my cheek with the back of his hand, "who the fuck did this?" He asked harshly and I knew his anger was now about to come out. Not at me but at the situation and being in the dark about it. He didn't like surprises and he sure as hell didn't like not being able to help.

"Ben." I whispered hoping he wouldn't hear me but when his jaw clinched I knew my wish wasn't granted.

"He's goin' ta die." He said calmly as he got off the bed and grabbed his jeans from the chair.

"Oliver." I said sitting up quickly.

"No! No one touches yeh Maria!" He said loudly causing me to wince.

"He wants ta hit someone he can fuckin hit me!" He said almost yelling now as he yanked on a shirt and his door opened to reveal a sleepy Matty.

"Everyfing ok?" He asked in a rough voice.

"No. No its not. Will yeh stay wif Maria?" He asked and I sighed as I laid back down and covered my face with my hand.

"Yeah...why?"

"Show him Maria! Show him." He snapped and I sighed before removing my hand and sitting up.

Matty's eyes grew wide and he averted his attention back to Oli, "what happened?"

"Her so called piece of shit boyfriend hit her and I am goin ta go kill him." He said so seriously that I grew worried.

"What?!" He said loudly and I groaned.

As if having brothers wasn't enough they were just as bad.

"What's goin on?" I heard Tom say from the hall and I whined. Great. The whole house is involved!

"Ben hit Maria." Matty said as if this was normal conversation.

"WHAT?!" Tom yelled and I rolled my eyes, "Guys just...chill."

"I will not fuckin chill Maria. No one lays a hand on yeh. No one! I don't give a fuck if it was tha fuckin pope himself!"

"Tom. Stay wif her. Matty, wanna come wif me?" He asked on his rant as he pulled on his shoes while standing up.

"Oli. Don't." I begged. Not because I wanted to protect Ben because honestly I didn't care anymore. But what I did care about was Oli and I didn't want him do anything stupid and get arrested or worse, get hurt for it.

"Don't what?! Don't fuckin hurt him?! Maria he fuckin hit yeh! He apparently wants ta get hurt!" He said fuming and I knew there was no point in arguing so I just kept quiet.

Tom walked in with a weak grin, "come on M, yeh can come lay wif meh. Yeh tired?"

I nodded and he gently grabbed my hand and I got up from the bed.

"I'll get yeh some clothes." He said calmly as he guided me to his room.

"Thanks." I said softly as he handed me a shirt and some shorts to sleep in.

I kicked off my shoes not caring that Tom was in the room as I changed my pants and then my shirt. Before I even got my shirt over my head Tom spoke.

"Maria...how long has this been happenin?" He asked seriously, his blue eyes filled with concern as he pulled my shirt from my hands leaving me in my bra.

I bit my lip remembering the few bruises I had on my body but at this point I was done with hiding, pretending that everything was perfect.

"I'm leavin..." Oliver said walking in abruptly and he froze when he saw me.

Oliver's eyes grew darker and if he clinched his teeth anymore I was afraid he would cause damage to his perfect smile.

"Tom, leave for a moment." He said and Tom nodded before flying past Oli and closing the door.

"What? Ok! So I'm a screw up! I get it!" I said throwing my hands up in defeat as tears fell from my eyes.

His eyebrows knitted together as he stepped in front of me.

"Maria..." he said in a softer tone than I expected as his finger tips gently ran over the bruise on my side. He looked as if he was in pure agony at this point and I closed my eyes breathing out heavily.

"How long?" He asked and I opened my eyes as he examined my back.

"I...I don't know..." I said feeling extremely guilty that Oli was so upset about this. Then again, what did I expect?

"I am so upset wif yeh right now Maria, I'm so fuckin hurt." He said removing his hands from me and facing me again.

I crossed my arms as I sniffled, "why?!"

"Because Maria! This shit would have stopped the moment I found out! Why didn't yeh tell me?!" He asked and wiped my cheeks.

"I would do anyfing ta protect yeh and yeah it hurts that yeh parently don't trust meh enough to tell me fings someone should know!" He added.

"It's not like that." I mumbled.

"Then what is it like Maria?! I'm tryin ta undastand! Do yeh wanna be hit?!"

I bit my lip not believing he said that and it caused me to cry again. He sighed, "I'm sorrah. I didn't mean that love."

"You just don't get it...I was scared."

"Scared of what?! Sweetie, I would protect yeh!"

"I know..." I said through my sobs, "But, I didn't want to bring you into it and I don't want him to hurt you."

He sighed, "Oh love, he can't hurt me. Wif my mates and yeh brothas the kid would leave Sheffield!  But, there is no reason ta be scared anymore. I'm here. He will neva hurt yeh 'gain. I swear on my life."

I nodded as I clung to him and buried my face into his chest.

"Please don't go." I said holding on to his shirt as his arms slid around me with a sigh.

"I got to..."

"But I need you." I whispered and he pressed his face into my hair, "but Maria..." he started trying to come up with a valid argument.

"Please. Just go tomorrow."

He sighed, "ok...fine but I am goin tomorrow Maria."

"And you can."

He brushed my hair softly, "Ok. Here. Get changed.  I'll go tell them to go back ta bed." He said holding out my shirt.

I nodded and he gave me a small grin before walking out of Tom's room. I slid on my shirt quickly and headed for Oliver's room waiting for him to pop back up. In all honesty I was glad he knew now. I didnt feel like I was hiding things from him, which was a relief because I hated lying to him every time I said I was ok or that everything was fine. I didn't think I was that convincing but apparently Oliver trusted me enough to believe me which made me feel even worse now. From this point on though, nothing but the truth.

"I got some ice." He said as he entered, "Thanks..."

He nodded as he sat beside me. I looked up at him and his eyes stayed on me clearly in thought.

"What?" I finally managed to get out and he shook his head,"Nuffin. Let's go ta bed."

I nodded and laid down and he got in beside me and gently pressing the ice to my cheek as he rested against the head board.

"Is it hurtin?" He asked softly.

"No. It's fine right now." I mumbled closing my eyes.

"He is not gettin away wif this and I know yeh hate hurtin people but he hurt yeh and if I don't do anyfing I'll feel worse than I already do..." he whispered.

I nodded finding myself too tried to even speak because between the crying and fighting I was exhausted.

Of course tomorrow didn't look like it would be very peaceful either because I knew Oliver meant business and he would do exactly what he set out to do.

That I was sure of...
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah the start of a new story. :) this is still in the works, but I'm excited with where it is going so I figured why not go ahead and post a bit?

Enjoy. :)