Status: A work in progess. :)

You Got Me.

Reaching for the sun.

Image

"Oli, wanna come see tha pictures from earlia?" Tom asked standing in my doorway of my bed room where I was sitting on my bed with my laptop.

Maria had went home a few hours ago because her mom was making her feel bad about never spending time with her. Not that I didn't think she should spend time with her mom, i'd just rather her spend it with me.

"Sure. Why not?" I said as I climbed from my bed and followed him into his room.

He walked over to his desk and I dragged a chair over beside him as he pulled up the pictures on his computer.

"If yeh want any of'em I'll print them for yeh." He said as he shuffled through them.

"Like this one..." he said with a smirk and I stared at the picture he took of me and her and it caused my heart to stop.

"Kind of looks like yeh togetha here." He said and I shrugged trying not to act like I cared but the way my arms were around her I could see what he was talking about.

"Yeh gotta get her for drop dead." Tom said as we came to a picture of just her.

For drop dead? I needed to get her for me. I didn't need to add on to that!

"She's propa lovely." Tom said and I nodded as I stared at the picture of her.

"I want that picture." I said and he smirked, "Alright. I'll print yeh some off."

"Fanks." I said ignoring him as I got up from my seat and returned to my room.

I sat back on my bed with a sigh.

Not seeing her tonight was going to be hard. It would be the first night I've slept without her.

I got lost in my thoughts and Tom walked in knocking me back to reality.

"Here yeh go." He said handing me a few pictures.

"Fanks." I said looking down at the one on top which was of her.

"Yeh need ta tell her, Oli..." he said and I shrugged.

He sighed, "then don't complain when yeh don't have her at all."

I looked up as he walked out of my room and I sighed as I sat the pictures on my night stand before putting my laptop on the floor.

I laid back onto my bed and stared at the ceiling. I was already having Maria withdraws. My whole body ached for her. For her skin to touch mine, her smell to fill my whole room and her soft voice to listen to at night.

I groaned and covered my face with my pillow. As much as I wanted to I couldn't help it. I couldn't help missing her even though I've seen her every day for weeks.

"Don't kill yehself." I heard and moved the pillow to see Jona standing there with a weird look on his face.

I rolled my eyes and sat up as he walked further into my room and sat in a chair.

"What did yeh call meh for?"

I breathed in before speaking and he crossed his arms.

"Ok. When I say this I'm bein' serious."

"Yeh scarin' meh...."

"It's not that big of a deal. Well, maybeh..."

"Well out wif it!"

"I'm gonna ask Maria ta marry meh."

"...what?" He asked his eyes growing wide.

"Yeah..."

"Oli, yeh two haven't even went on a date!"

"I go out wif her all the time..."

"Ok let me take anotha approach. Yeh two have neva even kissed!"

I shrugged as I fiddled with my fingers.

"Oli, yeh know, I don't get it. Yeh wanna ask tha bird ta marry yeh but yeh can't juss ask her ta be yeh girlfriend?"

"I juss don't care ta date her when I know that I wanna be wif her foreva." I said seriously and he sighed, "Yeh mental."

"So why waste time when we can juss skip all that?"

He shook his head in disbelief, "well why yeh tellin meh?"

"Cause yeh tha logical one."

"Well we both know yeh not gonna listen ta meh anyways."

"Still want yeh opinion."

"Do I fink yeh two are gonna end up togetha? Yes. Do I think this is the way to go bout it? No."

"When do I eva do fings the way they should be done?"

"When it comes ta her yeh tend to." He said and I tugged at my hair, "I fink that's tha problem."

"No I think it proves yeh can't do this."

"But I want to. Yeh don't undastand Jona. Yeh don't get that I can't go one bloody houa wifout finkin bout her." I said seriously.

"How would that change if yeh were married?"

"Cause Jona, right now she'd be wif meh."

"Why don't yeh juss ask her ta move in?"

"Not tha same..."

"Yeh wanna bang her? Is that why?!"

I glared at him, "Not juss cause that Jona!"

"Well my bad! I'm juss tryin' ta undastand where yeh comin' from!"

"No one will undastand cause no one gets me and her."

"That's for sure..." he mumbled.

"So will yeh help me?"

He sighed, "fine. Whateva. What do yeh need?"

"I need ta borrow yeh bird..."

"What for?!"

"I need her opinion on rings!"

"Yeh serious bout this?"

"Yes!" I said throwing my hands up.

He sighed and ran his hand down his face, "Fine. When?"

"I dunno. Tomorrow mornin?"

"Fine. I'll talk ta her and get back wif yeh."

"Thanks mate."

"Yeh owe meh..." he mumbled before walking out and I fell back onto my bed. No matter how insane people told me this was I just couldn't see it. It seemed sane to me. In fact, wanting to spend forever with her seemed the furthest thing from insane to me.

The next morning I woke up too early. Anxious for what I had planned the rest of the day. I showered and got ready and by 9 I was pacing my bedroom. Jona said that she would just meet me here at 10 but that hour seemed slower than imaginable. By the time her car pulled up I was almost running to the door.

I walked outside right as she was closing her car door.

"Oh someone's anxious." Marlie said as she leaned against her car.

"Yeah. Sort of..." I mumbled rubbing my neck.

"You really going to ask her to marry you?"

I nodded, "Yeah. Even though everyne thinks it's stupid."

She smiled as we walked over to my car.

"I don't think it's stupid." She said climbing into the passenger side.

"Reallah?" I asked looking over at her before I started the car.

"Really. I think it's sweet that you love her so much."

I felt my cheeks turn red as I focused on the road.

She chuckled, "When are you going to ask her?"

"I dunno reallah. I juss, maybe it is stupid cause we haven't even went on a bloody date but I juss know..." I mumbled, "I juss know I don't wanna spend my life wif anyone but her so why waste time doin all that?"

"Makes sense."

"Glad yeh fink so..."

"Does she feel the same way?"

"Fuck. I don't know. I bloody hope so..."

"I think she does."

"I reallah hope so..." I mumbled trying to stay positive instead of realizing that she could feel nothing for me and say no.

"So what kind of ring are you thinking of?" She asked as we entered some jewelry store near the edge of town.

"Somefin nice of course but somefin elegant and simple. She doesn't like flashy fings so I fink that would suite her."

"Yeah agreed." She said as we passed by the cases of rings. I was now nervous because once I bought something there was no going back.

We checked out almost every ring and one finally caught my eye and I couldn't get it out of my head after I saw it.

"Hey, Marlie, what bout that on?" I said pointing to the squared one on the top rack.

"Awe it's really pretty."

"Yeh fink?" I asked as the guy behind the counter walked over and she nodded.

"Can I help you with anything?" He asked and I nodded, "can I see that one?"

He nodded and opened the glass door, gently picking up the ring I was certain of.

"I like this."

"Yeah. I do to. It's beautiful. She'll love it."

I grinned, "I fink so too."

"This the ring?" The guy asked with a smile..

"Yeah. I'll take it."

Driving back with that ring heavily in my pocket made me overly nervous. I didn't have a plan set out. A goal on how this would happen. All I had was a ring and some crazy dream. Hopefully that would be enough.

"Fanks for comin wif me." I said as I parked in the driveway.

"No problem. She's going to be one happy girl." She said with a smile.

I chuckled, "I hope so...now I juss need ta fink of when and how ta do this and that is makin me stressed already."

"No rush Oli." She said patting my shoulder. No there wasn't, but I wanted to get it over with now more than later.

We said our goodbyes and I walked into my house, sprinting to Tom's room so I could show him the ring I had gotten.

He looked up from his computer and I smiled, "Wanna see it?"

He rolled his eyes, "sure."

I pulle the box from my pocket as I walked over to him.

"Fink she'll like it?" I asked as he stared at the ring.

"Yeah. Fits her."

"I fought so anyways..."

"So yeh reallah doin this?"

"How many times do I gotta tell yeh and Jona yes?"

"As many times as it takes for me to believe it. But I fink now I do.."

"Good."

"I hope it works out Oli. I rellah do."

"Me too." I said shoving it back into my pocket.

"Yeh left yeh phone here. I've been hearin it go off from in here."

"Fuck. I did." I mumbled before taking off to my room in searh of my phone. Not that I cared about who was trying to talk to me but I did care if one of them was Maria.

I grabbed my phone from my bed and flipped through the text that didn't contain her name. Like I said, I didn't care.

'Oliver Sykes. Are you avoiding me? :| '

I read causing a grin to hit my lips. If only she knew what I was really doing. I decided to skip the texting and dialed her number I knew by heart.

"Hello?"

"Hi, my love. Where are yeh?" I asked with a smile as I hopped onto my bed happily.

"Not where you are."

"I noticed. I don't like it."

She giggled and I sighed happily. Nothing could ruin my mood I tell you.

"Come ova or I'm comin ta get yeh. I haven't seen yeh in almost 24 houas."

"It hasn't been that long."

"Feels like it. So which one shall it beh?"

"I'll be there in a minute."

I smiled, "see yeh then."

I closed my eyes before I realized the ring was in my pocket and I quickly jumped up. Where woul I put it? My room wasn't safe from her. I sprinted to Tom's and he groaned, "What now?"

"I need ta hide this in here."

He rolled his eyes and I shoved it in one of his drawers.

"Maria comin' ova?" He asked.

"Yeah. She's on her way." I said before leaving, not giving him an opportunity to continue messing with me.

After ten minutes passed I heard a car pull up and my anxious feeling returned.

I quickly got up from my bed and headed for the living room which right as I reached Maria walked in.

A grin hit my lips at the sight of her and she closed the door behind her before walkin towards me with a smile of her own.

"I've missed yeh." I said scooping her up and spinning her around which caused laughter to escape her lips.

"You have withdraw issues."

"Mhm." I mumbled into her hair as she held on to me, "I can't help it."

"I missed you too." She said as I pulled her onto my lap as I sat on the couch.

"I know." I said kissing her cheek.

"How so?"

"Yeh here aren't yeh?"

"Because you asked."

I shrugged, "Yeh wanted to."

"Maybe I did..."

I chuckled as she laid against my chest.

"Stay tha night wif meh..." I said desperately wanting her to stay as the smell of her filled my nose.

"Ok." She whispered into my shirt, "even though my mom thinks for friends we spend too much time together."

Oh? Wonder what she'll think when she marries me...

"She can get ova it. Yeh bloody 21. Yeh can spend all tha time wif meh yeh want."

She giggled, "oh can I?"

I nodded with a smile as she looked up at me. I pecked her nose and she buried her face into my shirt once more.

"Good cause I like spending time with you." She finally said and my heart picked up speed.

"Yeh say that now..."

"No. it's not so bad. I don't get tired of you for some reason."

I chuckled even though I was now a bit more optimistic in my plan due to her words.

"Back at yeh." I said and she kissed my cheek, "You're lovely."

I chuckled, "Yeh more lovely. Truss meh."

"And where were you today? I called you." She said looking at me sternly and I laughed, "Had somefings ta take care of."

"Likeeee?"

"Why yeh so nosey?" I asked with a grin.

"Probably because you don't get up before noon!"

"I do occasionally..."

She crossed her arms and I kissed her cheek, "it was nuffin. Juss music stuff." I responded with a small lie.

"Fine..." she said clearly not believing me. Luckily I didn't have to continue because Tom called her to come look at the pictures he took and she quickly hopped off of me and ran up the stairs.

Now to just come up with a plan to ask her to marry me...

No pressure...
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments and subscribing. :)