Status: A work in progess. :)

You Got Me.

Nothing last forever.

Image

"See! Yeh look like a bloody model! Now say yeh will do it for drop dead!" Tom stated and I rolled my eyes, "Noooo."

"Yeah, yeh need ta. Yeh know I would be in tha pictas wif yeh right?" I heard Oli say which caused me to turn around to see him walking in.

"Still..." I said shrugging.

"Stop bein' so shy. I mean, I'll be in tha pictas wif yeh, Tom will be takin' them. Why yeh scared?"

"Well, when you say it like that..."

"Exactly. So yeh will." Oli said with a grin as he sat on Tom's bed.

"Maybe."

"She will." Oli said to Tom with a confident smile.

I rolled my eyes and Tom chuckled, "Oi. Look in that top drawer and get my ipad." He said pointing to his dresser.

"Yes sir." I said jokingly as I went to reach for the handle but before I could even open it I was tackled to the floor by Oliver.

"No! I mean, no. Juss...I'll get it." He said quickly and I stared up at him like he was insane.

"What is your deal?!" I asked and he stared down at me nervously as he kept my arms pinned to the floor.

"Oliver, get off of me before I kick you." I said seriously.

"I'm sittin on yeh legs." He said a grin hitting his lips.

"Tom get him off of me." I said whining.

"Oli! Yeh heard tha bird! Get off of her!"

"I'll get it." He said seriously.

"Jeez ok!" I said and he released my arms slowly.

"You have issues." I added as he got up from the floor and I watched him reach into Tom's drawer and grab his ipad.

"So be it."

"I mean, is there something on Tom's ipad that I shouldn't see?" I asked sitting up and fixing my hair.

"I mean, no." Oli responded.

"So...it's the drawer." I said with a smirk and Oli rubbed his neck nervously.

"No." Tom said too quickly. He was never a good liar.

I raised an eyebrow before picking myself from the floor.

"Hey, um let's go...somewhere!" Oli said loudly.

Now this was too much to let it slide by.

"Ok. Something is up." I said crossing my arms.

"What? No. Neva. No." Tom fumbled and Oli shot him a look.

"So...I can just open this drawer?" I asked placing my hand on the handle.

The both of them tensed and I opened the drawer.

"A book? Yes. Tom, never knew you could read. Oh, and some drop dead sketches, intense..." I said looking over the drawer and Oli spoke, "Yeh nuffin ta see. Let's go." He said grabbing my waist and trying to pull me away unsuccessfully.

"Wait, wait. Tom. What is this?" I asked with a curious face as I picked up what looked like a ring box and Oli's grasped lightened.

Tom's face grew white and he began to stumble on words.

"Um, uh. I mean, if...so..."

"He's gonna ask his bird ta marry him!" Oli said so fast I had to wait a few seconds before I spoke just to take it in.

"Wait. What? Tom!?" I asked loudly.

"Oh uh yeah." Tom responded.

"Oh my gosh, but you're like 12!" I said loudly and Oli tried to grab the box from my hand.

"Maria, sweetie, I'm only a year younga than yeh."

"Why does it feel like your 12?!" I asked throwing my hands up.

"I don't bloody know."

"Awe. Tom. This is so sad." I said placing my hand over my heart.

He laughed,"Why?!"

"Because...you're growing up..." I said with a sad face and he rolled his eyes, "Yeh such a girl some times."

"But you're like the brother I actually don't ever hate." I stated and Oli finally got the box from my grasp.

He smiled, "Awe. That's propa sweet. Come here." He said ushering me to him.

I chuckled as I finally got in reaching distance for him to grab my hand and pull me into his lap. He wrapped his arms and me and hugged me to him.

"Wanna be my best mate?" He asked chuckling.

"Oye. That would be meh." Oli said glaring at us.

"So when are you asking her?" I asked Tom ignoring Oli.

"Oh um. I...um, I don't know." He fumbled giving Oli a look.

"Don't do anything stupid like ask her in a park or something..."

He laughed, "Oh? Well what do you suggest?"

"I don't know. It needs to be your idea. Maybe away from Sheffield for starters though."

"Yeah...not cheesy I see."

"Cheesy is ok as long as you come up with it." I said chuckling.

"Oh I see. Glad I asked. So yeh aren't like gonna protest that we're too young or somefin?"

"Maybe you are, but what do I know? I don't even have a boyfriend." I said laughing.

He chuckled, "True...yeh eva wanna get married?"

I shrugged, "I don't know yet."

"Neva fought bout it?"

"Not really but don't listen to me. If you want to go for it. I'm happy for you my little Tom." I said messing up his hair before kissing his cheek and getting up from his lap.

Oli was oddly quiet and I looked over at him as he fiddled with the ring box sitting in his hand.

"Are you ok?" I asked and he shrugged, "Oh. Um, yeah. Fine." He said softly with a forced grin.

I looked over at Tom who shrugged and I looked back at Oli who placed the ring on top of the dresser and walked out of the room.

"I don't know." Tom said before I even asked.

I sighed and went to find Oli.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked as I reached the doorway of his bedroom where he was sitting on his bed with his acoustic guitar.

"Nuffin." He mumbled not taking his eyes off his fingers that were gently picking at the strings.

"Oli, you know you can't lie to me right?" I asked crossing my arms and he just shrugged.

"What's wrong? Do you not want Tom to get married? Is that it?" I asked and he looked up at me quickly.

"He's not gettin' married." He finally said and my eyebrows knitted together in confusion, "Huh?"

"He's not gettin' married Maria." He said flatly.

"What do you mean?"

"He's not gettin' married. Tha ring is not his."

"Then why did he say..."

"Cause he's a good brotha." He mumbled looking back down at the guitar, his hair falling into his face.

"What does that mean?" I asked not sure where he was going with this.

"It's mine." He said in a frustrated tone.

"What? For who?" I choked out simply because the thought of him wanting to marry someone that I had no idea about or well, that wasn't me made me want to cry for some unknown reason.

"Juss forget bout it." He mumbled.

"I mean, I didn't even know you were dating someone..." I fumbled out.

"I'm not." He said continuing to make pointless music.

"Oliver! This is a big deal! Stop playing and talk to me." I finally said and the music stopped as he looked up at me.

"No, it's reallah not."

"Yes it is. You're asking someone to marry you and I don't even know who it is or where you met her or why I'm just finding out!"

"Yeh so bloody daft." He said with a stifled laugh.

I crossed my arms as I glared at him. This wasn't funny to me at all.

"It's for you Maria! Are yeh really that oblivious ta everyfing?!" He asked standing up quickly and throwing his guitar onto the bed.

"Wait, what?" I asked not believing what I just heard.

"Yeah. Yeh heard meh! It's for yeh! When have I had time ta date when I'm wif yeh every bloody day?!" He asked loudly, "I mean yeh fink tha hour I go wifout yeh durin tha day is enough ta start somefin wif someone? Cause let meh tell yeh that's a no!"

Within this short conversation he had become aggravated. I could tell by his tone of voice and the way he was messing with his hair repeatedly.

"Why are you mad?" I asked in a calm manner and he tugged on his hair.

"Cause yeh frustrate meh!"

"I haven't done anything."

"Yeah? Yeh haven't? Reallah Maria?! How is it possible for meh not ta be in this situation when yeh are tha way yeh are!"

"Like what?" I asked softly.

"Yeh always need meh Maria! yeh need meh ta protect yeh, ta make yeh laugh, ta be here when yeh need ta talk, ta hold yeh when yeh upset and what do I get?! What do I get besides feelins for yeh I've neva had for anyone else?! How is that bloody fair?!" He asked loudly and I bit my lip as he breathed in before speaking once more, "I neva asked for this. I neva wanted ta feel what I do and I sure as hell neva fought i'd find myself wantin' ta marry anyone when I haven't even bloody kissed them! But no. I don't need to wif yeh cause I know what I feel for yeh is real. Cause..." he said pacing his floor as he tugged on his hair and I worried he was going to cause damage to his pretty hair.

"Cause yeh all I fink bout and a million fuckin girls could walk by but I could care less cause they aren't yeh. They fuckin' aren't yeh!" He said angrily.

I bit my lip harder as my eyes began to water.

"We're so dependent on each otha it's bloody unhealthy! When yeh gone I want yeh back cause i can't stand ta be not in touchin distance of yeh! it drives meh mental!" He shouted, "it drives meh mental when yeh leave and I can't go one fuckin minute wifout finkin of yeh!"

Tears were now lighting my cheeks and I tried to find words to say back to him but he has never raised his voice at me like this and the words leaving his mouth weren't any better.

"Then leave me alone Oli." I finally got out and his eyebrows knitted together as he breathed heavily from the yelling and pacing he had done.

"I can't Maria. I physically can't." He said seriously.

"Then I will because if you really don't want to be around me then I'm not going to make you." I said trying not to fall apart like I felt like doing.

"Maria. I don't just want to be round yeh, I have ta be round yeh, I need ta be round yeh."

I couldn't hold in the sob now escaping my lips.

"Then why are you saying all this! This isn't my fault. You act like I tried to get you to have feelings for me." I said through my tears and his eyes softened instantly.

"I know Maria. I know." He said softly and I wiped my eyes trying to make out his blurry figure in front of me.

"And maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions Oli. You don't know what I feel for you."

"What do yeh feel for me?" He asked and he must have been debating on touching me because he finally shoved his figeting hands into his front pockets.

"Does it matter? because apparently you don't want to feel anything for me." I said softly.

"No. Yeh not gonna do this Maria. Yeh not gonna turn this round on meh..."

"You said it Oliver. I'm just repeating it."

"I didn't say I regret what I feel. I juss hate keepin it all in!"

"No one told you to."

"Reallah? When was I gonna tell yeh? When yeh had a boyfriend? When yeh were cryin ta meh cause he hit yeh? Maybe I missed a time that wasn't so fucked up...oh wait...no. there is always somefin in tha way!"

"I don't get you. You say that yet you bought a ring!"

"Yeah. I did. Cause I love yeh and I don't need ta go through all tha datin bullshit ta know I wanna spend foreva wif yeh!"

"Do you not hear yourself? You can't tell me how you feel, but asking me to marry you is ok?!" I asked loudly once my words were out the room grew quiet and Oli's eyes stayed locked on me.

"I don't know Maria. All I know is I don't wanna live wifout yeh. What else do yeh wanna hear?" He finally said softly and I leaned against the wall with a sigh.

"I think we need to spend some time apart." I said which I think pained me more than anything. It's not what I wanted. What I wanted was to be with him, but he was right about a few things. Like how much we are dependent on each other and he was right, it wasn't healthy, in fact I think it was why we were completely wrapped up in each other all the time.

"No." He said seriously as he shook his head, "no. Fuckin no. Yeh not doin' this. This is why I didn't say anyfing. This is why I keep my mouth shut round yeh cause I knew yeh'd leave. I knew yeh'd want nuffin ta do wif meh."

"I didn't say that..."

"Yeh didn't have ta. I know what this means. Time apart is always the beginnin' of tha end and I am not lettin that happen."

"No it's not."

"Yes it is. Is that what yeh want? Ta be wifout meh?" He asked and he looked like he was in complete agony at the words being said.

"No. Of course I don't. I just think you're right. We spend too much time together." I said softly as the tears kept coming.

He clinched his jaw as he tugged on his shirt. When he has too much on his mind he has the tendency to grow uneasy and pace about or mess with anything he can just to make himself feel better.

He took a deep breath before stepping to me causing my back to touch the wall. He placed his hands above me, his nose only inches from mine.

"Maria, I don't want time from yeh." He said at a whisper.

"But it's for the best." I managed to get out over the butterflies now filling my stomach from the closeness of him.

"No it's not. Tha best would be yeh juss marryin' meh. So we can be togetha and I can always know yeh safe and when I'm on a long tour it won't seem so bad cause I'll know I'm comin' home ta yeh not ta my brotha or an empty house but our home and our bed and yeh maria. Yeh, no one else." He said touching his forehead to mine.

"It's just irrational." I managed to say.

"What would make it less irrational Maria? If we went on a few dates? If I kissed you? If we bloody had sex? I don't undastand what kind of validation yeh need when ten years should be enough. It is for meh."

I stared into his eyes and he kissed my nose. As much as I wanted to argue with him about this he was right and I just hated admitting that.

"Fine Maria..." he said with a sigh, "fine. Go home." He said removing himself from me and I watched him as he walked over casually and picked up his guitar from his bed and placed it back where it went.

"What does this mean?" I asked scared to find out the truth. That maybe, just maybe he was giving up on me.

"It means yeh need ta go home cause we're goin on a bloody date tomorra. Did yeh fink I was gonna give yeh up so easily?" He asked.

I shrugged and he spoke once more, "we're gonna do this right cause it's what yeh want. So go home, get some sleep, i'l see yeh round noon tomorra." He said so calmly I almost wanted to ask him if he was as nervous about this as I was. A date? That was one word never in our vocabulary. Well not together anyways.

"I just..."

"Yeh juss what Maria? By all means I'm not gonna go out of my way if this is gonna end badly so yeh need ta tell meh right now if I have a chance of this turnin inta somefin real." He said seriously and I managed to simply nod in response. Oliver being so straight forward was something new to me. Especially when it came to his feelings. He tended to keep those locked up tightly.

"Then go home."

"Ok..." I said softly before leaving his room still a bit dizzy from everything that just happened.

I had no idea where this was headed and I was terrified. Not that I, in any way thought we weren't meant to be together because I did, but I was scared because nothing ever came that simple for us and more than anything the thought of losing him was enough to keep me worried and on edge.

It was going to be a sleepless night. That I was sure of...
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to:
Moobags
Stellasykes
Samanthavengeance
Emily calamity
And earthtoalex

For commenting! :)