Status: A work in progess. :)

You Got Me.

Your call.

Image

Going back to sleep was impossible.

I laid beside her watching her as she slept. Replaying what happened over and over in my head. It made me sick to my stomach at the thought of someone putting their hands on her. Even worse, to know I knew nothing about it until it got to this point. I brushed my fingers lightly over her now bruising cheek. One thing I was sure of was that I'd get him back. I would make him pay for hurting her.

Let me just say, Maria was a lot of things for me.

My support, my best friend, the only stable relationship I've ever even held with a girl. She was my everything and i'd like to think it was the same way for her, therefore, i'd protect her to no end. Of course I may be guilty of over protecting her to a certain extent. I remember she'd get so mad at me in high school when a guy she liked would try to flirt with her and i'd interject. But hey, I knew when they weren't good enough for her.

Then again, apparently, I don't know shit after all.

I felt a lump in my throat appear and I breathed in deeply before looking back at her. If anything I felt completely guilty because how could I have been so blind? Was I not paying enough attention? Did she try to tell me and I didn't listen?

I had never been overcome with so many emotions like his. Hurt, anger, sadness, it all started to blend. I should be out kicking that idiots ass but the way she said she needed me earlier put a damper on things.

One thing was sure. I had a weak spot for her.

It's how it always has been. Whatever she wanted she got from me. Not that she used it to her advantage. No. Maria would never do such a thing. She probably didn't even know the power she had over me. It wasn't her fault though. I allowed myself to be that way with her. She was just so sweet, caring and a bit on the shy side, so I felt the need to do everything for her and I found myself not having a problem doing it either. She made me feel needed and I liked that.

I finally settled into my pillow and gently pulled her to my chest. I kissed her forehead softly before closing my eyes. This wouldn't happen again as long as I'm still breathing.

"I promise I'll keep yeh safe Maria. I promise." I whispered into her hair as I closed my eyes. That was a promise I would make sure I kept.

I assume I didn't sleep long because when I woke up Maria was still sleeping peacefully against me and I found it hard to even move because I didn't want to wake her up. No telling when the last time she slept was, so I kept my arm around her and closed my eyes with a sigh as I could feel her breathing against my chest. I was hoping to wake up and last night turn out to be a bad nightmare, but unfortunately no such luck. As I laid there I contemplated on how i'd go about killing Ben. His name alone pissed me off. I mean, if he wanted to put a hand on someone well, i'd return the favor.

Before I got too indepth in my thoughts Maria shuffled against me and I removed my arm quickly. I watched her cautiously as she rubbed her eyes and slowly opened them and instantly caught mine.

I gave her a small grin and she buried her face into my shirt.

"My face hurts." She mumbled.

"I can get yeh some medicine, but yeh gotta let meh up."

"No."

"Ok." I said chuckling as I ran my hand into her hair gently.

"Oli." She said in her soft voice as she lifted her head to look at me. Of course she had my undivided attention. It didn't take much.

"Are you mad at me?"

I frowned, "What? No. Course not. Why would yeh ask that?"

She shrugged and I pulled her to me.

"I'm not mad at yeh. Yeh did nuffin wrong, he did. I'm juss a bit hurt that yeh didn't feel like yeh could tell me..."

"I was juss...scared and embarrassed that I couldn't stop it myself..." she said so honestly that a part of me envied how open she could be.

"Why? It's not like it was another girl yeh size. It's a guy who is bigger than yeh, stronger than yeh and shouldn't put his hands on yeh. Yeh wouldn't have been able to and if anyfing I'm proud of yeh at how strong yeh have been."

She sighd as she laid her head down on my chest.

"Hey, let's go somewhere when I get back from smashin Ben's face in."

"Where?"

"I don't care. London maybe."

She instantly sat up to look at me, "Why?"

I shrugged, "Juss ta get away. Yeh and meh. It's been foreva since it's been juss us."

"But, one problem..."

"What?"

"My face!" She said pointing to her cheek and I couldn't help but laugh, "it's not that bad and yeh can put that makeup shit ova it and I'm sure yeh won't be able ta see it."

"So what do yeh say?" I asked brushing her hair behind her ear. Her dark eyes contemplating the deal.

"Ok..."

I smiled, "Yeah?"

She nodded to reassure me and I kissed her forehead.

"Road trip!"

"I'm scared...can Tom come?" She asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Have some faith in me, jeez..." I said with a grin as I got out of the bed.

"But Tom can take yeh ta yeh house ta get some fings while I take care of stuff..." I said puling on my jeans for the millionth time it felt like.

"Can't we just leave and not worry about the stuff?" She asked fiddling with her nails as she sat on the end of the bed.

I sighed and kneeled in front of her preparing myself for her to try and get her way.

"Maria, I can't do that."

"But I don't want you to get hurt." She said her eyes watering and I wrapped my arms around her waist, "I just want you and me to leave and not worry about all this. At least for a while."

I pressed my forehead against hers and closed my eyes with a sigh. I should have said who cares and walked out because now I felt myself crumbling and wanting to tell her we would do whatever she desired and I would wisp her away to London right now if need be.

"Ok." I whispered not believing how easy it was for me to give in since I am one of the most stubborn people around.

"I'm goin ta showa and pack and we will go ta yeh house ok?" I said kissing her nose.

"I can't go there."

"What? Why?"

"Because do you think my family is not going to notice this?" She asked pointing to her face and I groaned. That didn't cross my mind and I knew once her brothers saw it they would be on a rampage.

"Fine. I've got an idea. I'll send Tom and he can say he left his jacket in yeh room and he can pack yeh a bag. Sound ok?" I asked and she nodded.

Oh the troubles I go through for her.

I grabbed my things and set it all in the bathroom before going on a mission to find Tom. I knocked on his door and he yelled for me to come in.

"Hey, can yeh do meh a fava?"

"I'm not killin anyone Oli..." he said seriously and I laughed, "I hope not. Look, will yeh go ta Maria's and tell'em yeh left yeh jacket or somefin so yeh can get in her room and pack her a bag? She can't go because of her face."

"Why does she need a bag?"

"Cause, I'm takin' her away for a while. She needs away from here." I said and he sighed, "fine."

"Great. I'm gettin in tha showa." I said feeling accomplished before going back to the bathroom.

I was anxious to get Maria away from here so she'd laugh and be the girl I knew. More than anything I wanted to forget about what happened just as much as she did. I hated feeling this way and I knew once her cut healed and she was laughing to the point of tears I'd be happy again because she was happy and that was something I was ready for. I was ready for her to put this behind her.

"Has Tom came back?" I asked walking into my room as I ran a towel over my wet hair. She shook her head no as she placed the pillows on my now made bed. She was sort of a neat freak but I have been around her for so long it just seems normal now.

"Hopefully yeh brotha didn't catch him goin through yeh undawear drawer." I said laughing and a small grin hit her lips.

"No. They think he's gay anyways."

I laughed as I set the towel down and grabbed my shoes.

"Why do yeh go showa? Leave tha door unlock. Tom should be here any moment and ill slide yeh bag in there for yeh." I said trying to speed this process up. I love Maria but she is a girl which means she takes too damn long to get ready and I was impatient enough as it is.

"Someone's pushy this. Morning." She said as she pulled the tie from her hair letting her dark hair fall about her shoulders.

"I'm juss ready ta get outta here. If I stay longer i'll have to find Ben." I said finding myself oddly wanting to run my fingers through her dark locks as she ran her own hand through them.

"Ok, ok. I'm going." She mumbled as she walked into my bathroom.

Tom had perfect timing because one I heard the water come on my bedroom door opened to reveal Tom.

"Take it yeh made it out alive?" I teased.

"Clearly."

"Yeh didn't still any of her bras or yeh know..." I asked with a grin.

Tom rolled his eyes, "I'm not a perv like yeh."

I laughed and grabbed the bag and her purse from him and knocked on the bathroom door. I opened it a little to ask her if she was in the shower and once I heard her respond I opened it more and sat her things in the floor.

I decided to pack since I knew it would be a while before she resurfaced. In all honesty, I needed this trip as well. It would not only be good for her but for me as well. I was determined for this to be a good trip for the both of us. It would be. I'd make sure of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah. I always tell myself I'm not going to post everyday but I end up doing it anyways...haha. new stories just make me excited so I can't help it!

Anyways. Feedback? :)