Status: A work in progess. :)

You Got Me.

Between you and I.

Image

I couldn't believe today was the day.

I was going to marry Oliver.

For some reason saying it still didn't make it real.

It was just an odd thing to say because I've known him for so long and it was weird that after all that time as friends we were now together. Not that I was complaining or anything...

"I can't breathe." I stated and Marlie laughed, "it's going to be ok. You look lovely and wait until you see Oli. Cleans up nice." She said as she made sure everything on me was perfect.

I sighed and stared at myself in the mirror.

"I want to see him."

She laughed, "you can't. He isn't suppose to see you until you come out."

I waved my hand at her, "since when do we do things the right way?"

"Well, true..."

"Go get him. Pleaseeee." I said with a pout.

"Your mom will kill me..."

"She's already out there. She won't know."

She groaned, "when I get married you so owe me..."

I laughed, "of course!" I said as she walked out. I needed to see him to cool my nerves and I knew he would do just that.

After a few minutes there was a knock on the door and I turned around as Oli walked in. A grin hit his lips as he closed the door behind him and leaned against it. He just stared at me for several moments before speaking, "yeh look stunnin' my love."

I felt my cheeks redden and he smiled, "are yeh havin' second foughts?"

I shook my head no and walked over to him. He wrapped his arms around me, "Then what's wrong love?" He asked softly.

"Just nervous."

"Why? Yeh know everyone out there and plus, I'll be wif yeh." He said rubbing my arm and I looked up at him, "true..."

"Nuffin ta worry bout."

I nodded and he gave me a reassuring smile, "so we gonna do this?"

I smiled, "Yeah. Yeh look really fit in this." I said tugging on his tie lightly.

He laughed, "rememba M, we're in a church..." he joked.

I rolled my eyes and he kissed my cheek, "see yeh in a minute darlin'. Don't be so nervous. Everyfing will turn out juss fine."

"Oh? What if I fall?"

He laughed, "yeh not gonna fall."

"Could happen."

"Well, I'll catch yeh how's that? Now. I've gotta go before one of yeh brothas hunts meh down."

I nodded and he kissed my hand before leaving me. I breathed in deeply feeling a bit better.

"Ready?" Marlie asked sticking her head in the door.

I nodded and she urged me out the door with my bouquet.

"Now that you ruined the tradition..." she teased and I laughed, "oh he probably doesn't even know..."

"I think he's more excited than you. He just came out and said, make sure my girl makes it out here cause she's gonna marry meh whetha she likes it or not."

I laughed as she pulled me to where we needed to be and to where my dad was standing.

I can do this...

*****


"Yeh ok?" Tom asked from beside me where we were standng waiting on this to start.

"Yes. Juss, I dunno..."

He laughed and patted my back, "it's juss Maria."

"I know..." I said softly as I fiddled with my hands anxiously. Ok, now I couldn't make fun of her for being nervous.

Once the music started playing I looked up watching her walk in and although I'd already seen her I couldn't hold back the smile that hit my lips.

She was beautiful. No way around it. My voice was caught in my throat and I prayed I could speak when the time came.

As cheesy as it sounds, I was the luckiest guy ever. I mean, how I got someone like her didn't seem to make sense. She was beautiful inside and out and I knew I didn't deserve her but since I had her I wasn't going to waste time.

Once she reached me she grabbed my hand and I squeezed it lightly knowing she was still a bit nervous. Having attention on her wasn't her thing, of course I was use to it.

She gave me a grin and I had to reframe from leaning over and kissing her. I'm sure that was against the rules or something.

We had decided to write our own vowels which seemed sweet then but I now wished I hadn't because I was a nervous wreck.

Fuck.

Wait. Can I say that even in my head? God forgive me or whatever.

I breathed in knowing I'd have to go first.

She gave me a grin clearly picking up on my nerves and it honestly made me calm down a little.

"It's going to be ok remember?" She whispered and I chuckled softly as I gave her hands a squeeze before beginning, It was easy to tune everyone out and concentrate on her. It happened that way most of the time we were with other people anyways.

She smiled and I breathed in, "Maria, I honestly can't put into words how much I love yeh. Yeh are tha only person I could always count on no matta what happens and yeh don't know how much that has always meant ta meh. Yeh keep me grounded and sane and we both know I need that." I said with a smile as she laughed softly.

"And I knew yeh were tha one when I thought over everyfing in my life and how I was willin' ta pick yeh ova anything or anyone else. I knew then that I loved yeh so much and that there was no one else that I'd ratha spend my life wif. It's always been yeh Maria and I promise ta always be there for yeh through everyfing. the good, the bad, the crazy, whatever comes our way because I love yeh and I want nuffin more than ta spend foreva wif yeh." I added and she wiped her fallen tears away quickly as I gave her a grin and slid the ring onto her finger.

Once that was out I felt relieved and a bit happier than I thought possible at his moment. I waited patiently for her to speak.

"Honey, any longa I'm gonna have ta pay tha guy ta stay." I said pointing to the preacher causing everyone to laugh.

She rolled her eyes with a smile and I chuckled.

"Ok, ok."

I ran my thumb over the top of her hand lightly as her eyes landed on mine.

"Everyone always told me that it would be me and you. Of course I was always like oh please. Why would I end up with that little rocker boy who has better hair than me?" She said causing a few laughs and a smile from me.

"But they were right and I always knew that deep down because whenever something happened, good or bad the first person I wanted to tell was you. Because you listened and cared and you believe in me so much even when I don't believe in myself and I'm so grateful for that because I don't know where I would be without you. All I know is that every day from now on whether it is filled with laughter, tears, anger, happiness or whatever it is I want it to be spent with you." She said with a smile as a few tears fell down her cheeks.

As this point all I wanted to do was to kiss her. I reached out and brushed her cheek lightly as the preacher spoke and I didn't really hear him because I was lost in Maria but it must have been the right timing because I was already leaning in to kiss her as everyone started clapping.

Of course she grabbed my hand and we left before everyone so everyone could make it to the reception before us. Once we reached one of the back rooms in the church. I couldn't help but smile.

"Yeh mine yeh know that, Mrs. Sykes?" I asked wrapping my arms around her causing her to giggle, "Yes, I'm aware."

I kissed her several times, "I love yeh." I said touching my forehead to hers as I held her to me.

"Love you."

"I hope so."

She giggled again and I kissed her cheek, "yeh ready to go?"

"Are you actually going to dance with me?"

I laughed, "yes love. I've been practicin'."

"That scares me." She said laughing as I smiled and grabbed her hand, "oh come on. Have a lil faith."

We laughed on the way out of the room and I held her hand all the way there. It felt different this time though. This time there was nothing that could come between us and we could offically start our lives together and what more did I need?

*Epilogue*


"Hey my love." I heard causing me to quickly turn around to see Oliver. A smile lit my face as I quickly dropped what I was doing. He had been gone for 4 months which felt like years to me.

I quickly walked over and wrapped him in a hug as he chuckled and held me tightly.

"I thought you weren't coming home until tomorrow!" I said kissing all over his face.

He smiled, "well I lied. I wanted to surprise yeh."

"well it worked." I said kissing him on the lips.

"Where's my girl?" He asked kissing me between words.

"Nap time."

"I'm gonna wake her up. I hope yeh know that."

I chuckled, "yeah I figured."

He smiled and I followed him to Eva's room. Eva being our now one year old daughter. A lot can happen in 3 years and although he seemed to be unsure about kids he ended up being the one to bring it up.

I leaned against the door frame as he walked over to the crib where she was clearly up since she was talking to herself. She some how looked just like Oliver which he'd argue with me about but she had his eyes.

"Hey sweetie." He cooed as he picked her up swiftly.

It was odd seeing Oli change from not just a husband to a dad. He wasn't afraid to be the guy I knew he was, in front of everyone after she got here. He was a father and proud and I found it simply adorable.

"How's my prettah girl?" He asked her softly as he brushed his hand down her cheek.

"Gonna give daddy a hug?" He asked and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

I could watch him with her for hours simply because it was just so endearing and little did she know she already had him wrapped around her finger.

"I  missed yeh so much." He said rubbing her back as she hugged him.

"Dada." She said to him and he laughed, "Yeah that's right. I'm gonna be here a while too so we can spend lots and lots of time togetha." He said kissing her cheek and I walked over wrapping my arms around his torso.

"How long?" I asked and he kissed my head, "a year I believe."

"Good."

"Uh huh. More time wif my two favorite girls in tha world." He said pulling me to his side and kissing my cheek.

"Good." I said leaning against him as I grabbed Eva's hand.

I never imagined this is where Oli and I would end up, but now that we were here I didn't want anything else but this.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end. Sadness. :(

Wasn't the epilogue cute?! I said awe a few times writing it. Haha.

Anyways, a big thank you to everyone who read this, commented, etc! You guys are great!

Fyi. I should have the first chapter of my new Oli story up tomorrow. Yeah, I know. I'm awesome... :) lol