‹ Prequel: Just a Girl
Status: We're probably writing as you're reading this...

Slap A Smile On And Call It Good

Chapter Four

The following Saturday morning Zeke came to pick me up from my house so we could go get coffee with Sarah and her boyfriend Derek. Zeke’s mom and sister returned, but nothing was uttered to them about last weekend. That would forever be a secret.

***

“You know, we never did get around to studying last weekend.” Zeke said breaking my thinking.

“Yeah, it was worth it though.” I said, a blush creeping its way into my face.

“Sure was.” He said, reaching over to grab my hand. When we got to the coffee shop, Zeke and I walked hand and hand up to the quaint red brick building. He opened the door and motioned me inside.

“After you m’ lady.” He said sarcastically, laughing to himself.

I punched him playfully on the shoulder, and walked inside. I saw Sarah and her boyfriend sitting at one of the many wooden tables near the window. When she saw me she got up and shuffled my way, Derek by her side.

“Cara! It’s been too long!” She said hugging me so tightly I couldn’t breathe. She let go and hugged Zeke next.

“Common sit!” She said enthusiastically, pulling me in to the direction of the table they were sitting at before.

“We ordered coffee for you two already.” Derek said, finally.

Within seconds of him saying it, a waitress came up to the table with four cups of coffee and set our individual cups in front of us. I reached down to grab the mug, but the smell hit my nose before I could. I got up and rushed to the bathroom, with Sarah shouting behind me. I didn’t hear her though. I was going to be sick.

I emptied my stomach’s contents in the bathroom stall, with Sarah holding my hair up for me. When I was done, I washed my mouth out and went outside, Zeke waiting for me right outside the door.

***

“Bye Cara.” She said on our way out; I could tell she wants to say something but is too afraid to.

“Bye. We have to meet up another time, you know, when I maybe feel better.” I said. Zeke and I made our way out of the coffee shop. Zeke for the first time, looked distant. He almost looked scared.

“What are you thinking right now?” I asked, concerned by the way that Zeke was acting.

“I don’t know what to think.” He said, face composed.

We drove in silence almost all of the way there, until he passed the road we were supposed to turn down.

“Were are we going? I asked, freaking out.

“You’ll see.” He said, his face still straight.
♠ ♠ ♠
:O Where are they going? Next chapter should be up soon...