Status: Completed!

Come One, Come All to This Tragic Affair

Desperately Seeking Sleep

After I got off the phone with Charlie I changed into pajama pants and a tank top and climbed into bed.
At three AM, I was still wide awake and staring at the ceiling. I just couldn’t relax, not after what had happened today.
The picture, the fight in the park, it all just made me too anxious to get any rest.
So I did what every desperate woman would do when she can’t sleep.
I slipped on a pair of flip flops and padded across the hall to Frank’s door. I knocked once, twice, three times.
The door swung open and a very sleepy looking Frank in a t-shirt and a pair of boxers opened the door.
“I can’t sleep. Can I sleep with you?” I sounded pathetic and I was desperately trying to keep my eyes above his shoulders.
And failing miserably.
“Come on in.” He closed the door behind me and I realized this was the first time I’d been in his apartment.
“Nice place.” I commented as I followed him to what I assumed was his bedroom.
He waited until I was settled under the covers before getting in and lying a respectable distance from me. “I’m not your sister Frank, you can hold me.”
“Thank God you’re not my sister.” He mumbled, readjusting us so I was lying in the circle of his arms, my head resting on his chest.
I liked this arrangement much better.
“Night Jaden.” Frank’s breathing was already slowing down again.
“Night Frank.” I closed my eyes and let his heartbeat lull me to sleep.
--
We must have moved around in our sleep, because when I woke up he was spooning me.
I was torn between reveling in the feeling of his arms around me and hating myself because he wasn’t Danny.
With my free hand I reached up and touched my wedding ring.
This piece of cold metal meant that I had promised to be faithful to one man, and the man I was lying next to wasn’t him.
While I was consumed with self-loathing, I hadn’t noticed Frank’s breathing change.
“Morning.” He kissed my neck and I couldn’t help but respond to him. A long shuddery breath escaped when his lips were followed swiftly by his teeth. I rolled to face him and tangled my hands in his hair.
Our kisses felt like we were feeding off each other, full of hunger and passion and lust and other emotions I didn’t dare name. I barely noticed I was pulling his shirt off him until he broke away from me to throw it across the room.
His hands almost burned my skin when they slid under my tank top. I couldn’t hold back the loud moan when one of his rough hands cupped my breast. My shirt took flight and his lips followed where his hands had been. My back arched involuntarily up towards him and his lips that were currently leaving trails of fire on my skin.
I had a feeling had someone not started knocking on the door and calling at the same time, I would have had sex with Frank right then.
“Fucking hell, I’m not home.” He muttered, turning his attention back to me. His lip ring was scraping my skin but I didn’t care.
I let out a short yelp of surprise when I saw Gerard and Charlie walk into the room. Frank, always a gentleman, covered me up with his body.
Of course, that meant our hips were lined up and I could feel the evidence of his arousal against me.
“I know you're not looking at my half naked friend.” Charlie elbowed Gee in the ribs.
“I'm more surprised she's half naked.” Gee chuckled.
“Well you keep looking and your not gonna have to worry about seeing me even half naked.” Charlie smiled sweetly.
“Can you fuckers leave so we can get clothes on?” Frank yelled.
“Hey Frank, you look pretty hot shirtless.” Charlie was so enjoying this, especially since she could probably see my face was bright red. Gee growled low in his throat as he pulled Charlie out of the room.
“Get some Jadey!” My friend yelled.
“I think I just died of embarrassment.” I muttered. Frank just gave me a relatively chaste kiss- at least, compared to our earlier ones- and went to grab our shirts. I tugged my tank back on and watched Frank find a pair of sweatpants baggy enough that his….problem was hidden. He also tossed me a hoodie once he saw me rubbing my arms.
“I gotta get you a jacket woman.” He laughed, putting one arm around me and leading me out to the living room.
“You know you guys could have taken your time. Gee is good at keeping me occupied.” Charlie grinned wickedly.
“Not on my couch.” Frank shuddered.
“Which is why I was about to head to the kitchen.” Gee snickered.
“Not if you don't wanna die.” Frank sat down on the couch and waited for me to pick a spot.
I admit it, I decided to be evil and sit in his lap. Frank groaned softly.
“I remember a time where you used my table, fucker.” Gee pulled Charlie into his lap.
I raised an eyebrow at Frank.
“Long time ago.” He kissed my temple.
Charlie smacked Gee “Smooth move.”
Gee nipped her neck before giving me an apologetic smile. “Yeah it was back when I was a drunk.”
“Can I ask why you decided it was a good idea to bust into my apartment?” Frank put his arms around my waist, rubbing the exposed skin of my hip gently with his thumb.
“Well if either of you two would pick up a phone we wouldn't have 'busted into your apartment'.” Charlie said.
“We were kinda busy.” I blurted before I’d really thought it over.
“We saw.” Gee deadpanned.
“If you don't mind me asking, just how much did you see?” I needed to know how embarrassed I had to be.
“Not much. Charlie has a problem with me looking at other half naked girls.” Gee shrugged.
“Uhhh...yeah cause you didn't like me scoping out Frankie either.” Charlie gave him the international “duh” look.
“How about you keep your eyes off me and Gee keeps his eyes off my girl, okay?” Frank glanced at me to see if I was gonna object to him calling me his, but I just smiled.
Charlie’s bottom lip quivered. “I don't think he thinks I'm pretty.”
Gee kissed her. “He's an idiot. No offense Frank.”
“None taken.” He smiled up at me. “This is enough for me.” I blushed again.
Gee rested his head on top of Charlie's. “I know the feeling.”
“You about to aw too?” Charlie asked me.
“Yep.” I tucked a piece of hair out of Frank's face. Frank kissed my nose.
“Please tell me we're not like that?” Charlie made a face.
Gee smiled down at her. “Not a chance babe.”
Frank coughed. “Bull shit.” Gee flipped off him off and earned a finger in return.
“Why do you stick your thumb out like that?” I asked.
Gee laughed. “You noticed that too huh?”
I held Frank’s thumb in. “Okay now try it...bet you can't.” Charlie and Gee both laughed at him when he couldn’t.
“I'm only good at flicking things with my tongue.” His eyes dropped down to my lap and
I blushed.
“HEY! Another thing you and Gee have in common!” Charlie piped up.
“Babe I don't think they want to know that.” Gee laughed.
“I so didn’t want to know that.” I groaned.
Gee motioned to me. “See.”
“All I see is Frank’s boner.” Charlie giggled. I bit my lip so I wouldn’t laugh but my body still shook from the force of the giggles, which I think just made it worse for Frank.
“You want me to start looking at Jaden's tits?” Gee asked Charlie.
Charlie glared. “You can but you ain't seeing mine then.”
“Eyes up Gee.” Frank warned, as if Gee could see them through the hoodie I was wearing.
“I'm not trying to steal your woman, chill.” Gee laughed.
“I've got him whipped don't let him fool you.” Charlie winked at me.
“Good, cuz I fought a rabid crazy dude in Central Park for this little lady last night.” Frank leaned his head against my shoulder.
“Say what?” Gee looked confused.
“Way to blow my cover story Frankie.” I muttered.
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED YOU TELL ME RIGHT NOW!!” I covered my ears to protect them from Charlie’s outburst. Frank gave her a warning look, not used to Charlie’s particular brand of tough love.
“I kinda got...detained by a guy in Central Park, but I'm okay, and Frank took care of him.” I smiled at said knight in shining armor.
Charlie glared right back at him. “You listen here mister I've been her best friend longer then you've known her so stop with the looks.” She turned her attention back to me. You've got to be fucking kidding me. You need to stay out of that park at night.”
“I didn’t stay there intentionally, believe me.” I assured her. “I’m not gonna be taking anymore late night strolls in the park, let alone one without a cell phone.”
“Good, cuz I might kick your ass if you do.” Charlie warned. I heard a soft moan of pain from Frank and saw him wincing and biting his lip.
“Okay, I love y’alls but I think Frank has some business he needs to attend to, so you should skedaddle.” I couldn’t suppress a giggle.
“Go take care of your problem.” Gee laughed. They waved goodbye and left.
“I gotta go shower and get some clothes.” I gave him a quick peck on the lips and started to get up but he pulled me back down on his lap to give me a kiss that made my head feel like it was gonna spin off my shoulders.
“Now you can go.” He panted, letting me out of his apartment.