Status: Completed!

Come One, Come All to This Tragic Affair

Keep The Faith

I called Jaden around 9 like she asked. I hoped everything went okay.
I knew how much her family meant to her. She’d told me once about that time after her husband died, when she was barely functioning and wouldn’t get out of bed. Apparently at the end of that time was when she met me.
“Hello?” I froze completely when a guy picked up.
“Uh, is Jaden there?” I asked, praying that she was sitting right there.
“No, but I’m her husband. Can I help you?”
It felt like someone was sliding an ice cube down my back as my heart sank into my stomach. I hung up and threw my phone onto the couch next to me, resting my head on my hands.
My mind was whirling too fast. Danny was alive and apparently living in Jersey, where the girl I love is. Who apparently lied to me. A lot.
I was still sitting like that when my phone rang an hour later.
Jaden’s number was on the caller ID.
“Hey.” She said, sounding normal.
“You fucking lied to me Jaden.” I said very slowly into the phone.
“What?” She’s a fucking good actor, I’ll give her that. She even sounds shocked.
“I called you an hour ago and your goddamn husband picked up! Are you trying to tell me he answered your phone from the grave? You fucking played me.”
“Frank, listen to me, I-” I cut her off.
“Does he know you’ve been fucking me for the past month? You know what, I don’t even care. Don’t bother to call back Jaden. We’re fucking done.” I hung up and grabbed a beer from the fridge.
Time to drink and remove all my possessions from Jaden’s apartment.
--
Being on tour is a great distraction for the fact that my girlfriend lied to me for months about her dead husband.
Except the band uniforms we have to wear make me sweat bullets and Gerard keeps trying to talk to me about Jaden and I won’t let him.
I don’t wanna talk about her.
I don’t wanna think about her.
I wish I had never fallen for those big brown eyes of hers.
I wish….well, I wish I could go back in time and kick myself for being so stupid.
I mean, all the signs were there. She never wanted me to go with her to the cemetery when she went to visit the grave. She never wanted to introduce me to her friends or her family. She pulled the greatest snow job since Mount Everest and I’m the fucking sucker that fell for it.
The only thing that’s keeping me going is performing every night. Without playing shows, I’d probably be ripping everyone’s heads off.
Every time I see a curly haired girl in the crowd, I can’t help but think of her.
I fucking loved her and she was playing me.
I looked over my shoulder and caught sight of my back in the mirror.
“Keep the Faith” is written on my back.
I have no faith left to keep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh snap.