Status: Completed!

Come One, Come All to This Tragic Affair

Apologize

I was such a fucking idiot. I should have let her explain instead of overreacting like that.
What mostly stuck in my head was the part about her being pregnant.
I followed the line of people looking over their shoulders like “what the fuck is her problem.”
I finally found her sitting outside on the steps, head in her hands.
“Jaden?” I said softly. She just looked at me with eyes full of tears. “I am so sorry.”
“You should be.” She wiped her eyes with her sleeve. “That hurt really badly, that you didn’t believe me.”
“I was a huge jackass.” I sat down next to her. “Were you serious about being pregnant?”
“No, I was faking. Of course I’m pregnant you dumbass!” She couldn’t hide the smile on her face. I pulled her in and kissed her, reveling in the feeling of getting to kiss her again.
“I love you.” She whispered.
“I love you too. Now come on, I wanna find you a safe spot so you can watch the show.”
“A safe spot?” She raised an eyebrow at me.
“You’re pregnant with my child. I’m not letting you into the fucking mosh pit.”
All during the show I kept sneaking glances at her, seeing her sing along to the songs she knew. I saw her cry when we played Cancer and I blew her a kiss.
Someone threw a pair of red panties at me and I chucked them back into the crowd. The only girl for me was sitting on the side of the stage watching me with wondering eyes.
When the show was over, I ran offstage to her.
“I would like you to know that you are fucking sexy onstage.” She said, wrapping her legs around my waist. “And your mouth is goddamn obscene and these hormones are making me freaking horny.”
“Well then it’s a good thing that we’re in a hotel tonight.” I kissed her until Gerard practically dragged us out to the bus.
“Jesus Christ, wait to fuck later.” He grumbled, wiping off the makeup with a towel.
“I’m pregnant.” Jaden said, watching everyone’s eyes widen.
“Good lord, there’s gonna be a baby Frank. The world will explode.” Bob laughed.
“Hey, that kid will be drop dead gorgeous and talented.” I shrugged.
“Especially if he takes after his mom.” Mikey stage whispered. I let go of Jaden momentarily to throw a pen at him.
“Everyone leave Frankie alone.” Jaden curled up tighter in my lap, tucking her face into my neck.
“Aww, they’re cute.” Gee cooed. “You couldn’t have brought Charlie with you?”
“Sorry.” Jaden shrugged. “She should be coming out tomorrow though.” The bus stopped and I crouched on the floor. “What are you doing?”
“Waiting for you to get on my back.” I looked over my shoulder at her. She laughed and climbed on. We got some weird looks on our way through the lobby, but I couldn’t really care less.
“You know, I was serious about the pregnancy hormones.” She said when I set her down.
“Oh really?” I climbed onto the bed so I was straddling her hips, careful to keep my weight off her.
“Oh yeah. And the part about your mouth being obscene.” She put one hand on the back of my head and pulled my face down to hers.
--
I knew that it wasn’t good for Jaden to be on tour with us, but that didn’t mean I wasn’t gonna pout when she had to leave.
“It’s only for a few months.” She said, wrapping her arms around my waist.
“I know, but who’ll keep you warm when you forget your jacket?”
“I’ll steal a couple hoodies from your apartment.” She grinned. “I’ll call you everyday and tell you how many times I threw up.” I wrinkled my nose at her. The morning sickness was a little gross. “And I’ll have Charlie looking after me. I’ll be okay.”
“I’ll miss you.” I stuck out my lower lip.
“I feel like a pedophile when you do that.” She laughed.
“Why?”
“Cuz you look like a fucking eight year old, that’s why.”
“I love you so much.” I said, picking her up. I kissed her hair, then her lips.
“I love you too Frankie. Now we gotta get going, our flight’s gonna leave soon.” You couldn’t tell she was pregnant yet. She was only a couple months along but touring wasn’t a good environment for her. The smoke, the shitty food, the bus, the crowds. Not something I wanted the woman I loved being around while she’s carrying our baby.
“I’ll see you soon.” I kissed her one last time before I had to let her go.