Status: Completed!

Come One, Come All to This Tragic Affair

Public

I hung up with Frank and leaned back into my desk chair.
“Who was that?” Charlie poked her head into my office.
“Frank inviting me to dinner.” I covered my ears while she squealed.
“Come on, we’re closing early today so we can pretty you up.”
So for the next hour and a half or so I was pampered with in an inch of my life. Charlie managed to force my hair into cooperating for once. I let her have free reign with my make up, because I knew she’d keep it simple. Just a little eyeliner and lipstick.
But when it came time for me to get dressed, I knew we were gonna have a problem.
“Come on Jadey, you owe the man some cleavage.” She held up a strapless dress I hadn’t worn in a long time.
“I don’t owe him anything. He saw me in my pajamas and in a towel the other day. I think he’s seen enough.” I crossed my arms over my chest.
“You can wear a jacket.” She wheedled.
“Fine. But I’m wearing my high tops.”
“Whatever.” She left soon after that.
I spun my ring around my finger as I paced the living room.
Frank doesn’t need people to think he’s having an affair with a married woman.
Especially not if we’re going out in public where someone might recognize him.
So I dug through my jewelry box until I found a gold chain and hung my ring from it.
All in all, the night was awesome, discounting that stupid girl who was hitting on him. I ground my teeth just thinking about it.
“J? Have you seen this?” Charlie called from her desk.
“Seen what?” I called back.
“I just sent it to you.” I logged onto my email and clicked on the new mail I had from Charlie.
It looked like it was copied and pasted from a Youtube video or something.

Sorry to tell you guys, but Frankie has a girlfriend.
RussianxRoulette 1 hour ago

FOR REAL? NOOOOO!!
lilyshadowss 59 minutes ago

check out this link 
my friend took this last night
RussianxRoulette 38 minutes ago

OMG. WHAT A LUCKY BITCH!
LegendThriller33 24 minutes ago

She doesn’t deserve him. She’s soooo possessive.
ivantvaffles 15 minutes ago

I clicked on the link with a sinking feeling in my stomach. It was a picture of Frank and me the night before. I had my arm around him and he was kissing my temple.
“Jadey?” Charlie’s soft voice broke me out of my trance.
“I’m gonna go get some air.” I grabbed my stuff robotically.
“Take as long as you need.” I could see that she felt guilty for showing me it.
But I would have been angrier if she’d known and hadn’t told me.
My boots crunched on the first light snow. The sweater dress and tights I’d put on this morning weren’t doing much to protect me from the cold.
I walked numbly for a couple hours, not really paying attention to my surroundings.
It didn’t occur to me that being with Frank would put me into the public eye.
It certainly didn’t occur to me that a photo of the two of us could be floating around for my family to find.
I realized I was in Central Park and sat on one of the few hobo-free benches.
I really didn’t want to be seen.
I was shy. I always had been.
And considering I was keeping my relationship with Frank secret, I really didn’t want anyone to know.
“This is such a fucking mess.” I muttered, resting my head in my hands.