Sequel: Honest
Status: Completed.

Never Crossed My Mind

Come Through With a Plan of How We Turn This Round.

“This is a good idea, actually,” the lawyer told them later that afternoon.

Bam, Julie, and Olivia had all gotten some rest, gotten cleaned up, and made themselves presentable so they could pitch their idea to the lawyer and he could make sure there wouldn’t be anything more that could be added in the lawsuit or used against them when it went to court.

“The editing isn’t bad either,” he continued. “I’m glad you still had the original footage. It definitely gives you leverage to tell what actually happened. What I think you need to do, though, is get some new commentary in there. Add in commentary at least from the three of you for now and then once you can get the others on board, add that in. Also – and this won’t be easy at all – you’re going to have to get proof that Nick forged your signature.”

That was sort of a downer, and the four of them immediately began brainstorming. Olivia was quiet as the lawyer, Bam, and Julie threw out several different ideas, until something foolproof finally hit Olivia.

“What if I could get him on camera, admitting that he did it all himself?” she asked.

The lawyer shrugged, sitting back in his seat. “I mean, that would honestly be pretty ideal. I just don’t know how you’re going to get that done.”

Olivia pulled out her cell phone. “Just leave it to me.”

Bam and Julie traded suspicious glances while Olivia waited for the call to connect. Julie knew that look on her cousin’s face well, and Bam was coming to recognize it. She had an idea and she was going to run with it.

“Nick? … No, I know. Listen, the longer all of this goes on, the more I’ve had time to think. That documentary is doing really well … yeah, you did great.” She rolled her eyes. “I’m thinking I want in. … No, I’m saying cut me in on whatever profit you got, and I’ll drop the lawsuit. … Here’s what I want though. I want it in writing that you forged my signature, that way in case you decide to try and fuck me over again, I’ll have leverage … good point. You could say exactly the same thing – then I’m bringing a video camera, too. The tape and the papers will stay with my lawyer and so help me God, Nick. If you screw me on this, I will pick the lawsuit up so fast – good. I’m glad we understand and agree. I’ll meet you at that diner a few blocks over from Dickhouse in an hour.” She disconnected the call. “Think it’ll work?”

Bam snorted. “Damn, Liv. You are treacherous. You’re going to let me go with you, right?”

“I don’t see why not. Good cameramen are hard to find.”

Julie laughed. “I’m already impressed with this plan. If you two can actually pull it off – well, I just might be mindblown.”

“Let me know what happens,” the lawyer instructed. “If it all works out, edit it in and I’ll get in touch with the opposing lawyers in the morning to set up a meeting and see what they think.”

***

Olivia was still so determined that this was going to work, she wasn’t even nervous. Just down from the diner, she stopped Bam.

“You have the camera ready?” she asked.

“Of course,” Bam said holding up the video camera Olivia had purchased before their tattoo shop shenanigans.

“I knew that camera would come in handy again,” Olivia grinned. “Maybe this is the jackass in me coming out, but I feel like this needs to have a stunt feel. I don’t know if it’s actually going to make him look more stupid or what, but I know it will make me feel better.”

Bam just laughed as he powered up the camera. “Liv, this is why I’m on your side. Seriously.”

***

Just outside of the diner, Olivia stopped and turned towards the camera. With a mischievous smile, she had Bam turn the camera so it would capture the both of them.

“I’m Olivia and this is Bam,” she started.

“Duh,” Bam interjected.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “There’s been some crazy shit going down recently, and this may not be the most … oh, what’s the word?
Adult way to handle it, but at this point, the fucks I give are in the negative, so … yeah. Nick, I hope you get to lay eyes on this one day because this is what happens when you fuck over someone you shouldn’t.”

She opened the door, and Bam nodded to the camera. “She’s mad pissed, dude. You fucked with the wrong girl. I’m all about getting you back – and not just for me, for our whole family – but you should know that Liv came up with all of this. Karma’s a bitch, mother fucker.”

He followed Olivia into the diner where she stopped and stood for a moment before locating Nick. He was in a back corner isolated from the general crowd; the look on his face showed that he wasn’t impressed with Bam being there.

“Can’t do anything without security, huh?” Nick commented.

“Funny,” Olivia replied in a flat tone. “Actually, it turns out that good,
honest cameramen are difficult to find. So, I had to resort to my pal Bam.”

Nick rolled his eyes. “Whatever, that’s not what we’re here for anyway.”

“You’re right.” She presented the piece of paper the lawyer had typed up that essentially was a written confession of what Nick had done. “All you have to do is sign where your name is.”

“Shouldn’t this be notarized or something?” he asked as he signed it.

Olivia shrugged. “That’s what the video is – for verification. I just don’t get it, Nick. I thought we were good. I don’t get how you could steal all that footage, forge my signature, then take it right to MTV. That was really low.”

“I would have lost out on a lot of money, Olivia. How many hours did we spend filming – stunts, commentary, all of it? Throw in travel to Los Angeles, and editing time and all of that. I just had to do it, or I would have been screwed.”

“So you screwed me instead?” Olivia bit out. She picked up the paper and folded it, putting it in her back pocket. “I think Bam put it perfectly: karma’s a bitch, Nick, and you just walked right through that bitch’s front door.”

“Wait, what?” Nick frowned.

Olivia just shook her head. “You’ll figure it out.”

She and Bam stood and started to leave the restaurant. Once outside of the door, Olivia couldn’t get the grin off her face.

“I can’t believe we pulled this off!”

Bam high-fived her. “Honestly, I can’t either. It wasn’t the most polished plan, but somehow you managed to get him to not only sign a confession but admit out loud that he’s a douchebag.”

“So, there we were, enjoying our little victory,” Olivia said, “and we hear footsteps coming wicked fast down the sidewalk.”

“In our direction,” Bam added. “Turns out Nick figured shit out pretty quick – including the fact that we still had his signed confession. Oh, and the video of him admitting his shit out loud.”


Olivia and Bam took off down the sidewalk, trying to hail a cab as they ran. With Nick not so far behind them, shouting obscenities, it was a little bit difficult to do. Finally, one yellow cab pulled up to the curb a bit ahead of them so they could slow down enough to get in the car and have their getaway.

“Sweet FA!” Olivia huffed, trying to catch her breath. “That kid can run!”

“Yeah, no shit,” Bam agreed. He looked at her again and they both dissolved into laughter.


***

Julie watched the last bit of what they had recorded, shook her head and laughed. “I swear, only the two of you could have pulled that off in such an obvious manner.”

“Luck was definitely on our side,” Olivia smiled. “So the lawyer set up something with the Dickhouse lawyers in the morning.”

“Anyone else going to be there?” Julie asked.

Bam shook his head. “I doubt it. Even when we were first supposed to meet you with, Liv, Johnny and I went because we didn’t want that project to go down. If anyone’s there, it’ll be Jeff.”

“I feel like maybe I don’t need to be there,” Julie added. “Not because I’m not behind you guys one hundred percent, but I was more a side detail.”

“Not true,” Bam replied. “If you were only a side detail, we wouldn’t have had to fly you out here to get you away from the harassment in Carolina.”

Julie sighed. “I guess you’re right. Look, I’ll be there for everything else. I just really don’t feel like I need to be there for this.”

Bam started to protest, but Olivia broke in. “If you’re not comfortable, Jules, it’s fine. Bam and I will go and after that, we’ll be a trio.”

Bam apologized for trying to push the issue. “I’m just really gun-ho about this.”

“We need some supper,” Julie decided, jumping up from the bed. “Let’s go out. Let’s get pretty – handsome in your case, Bam – and go somewhere fancy.”

“I don’t know,” Olivia groaned. “Can’t we just go somewhere sketchy and get drunk in a more underground glory?”

“I’m for that,” Bam agreed.

Julie pursed her lips. “Bam, I’ll go to the lawyer thing tomorrow if you side with me now.”

“Come on, Liv,” Bam said. “Fancy is … fun.”

Olivia snorted. “Well, you tried. Fine. We’ll go fancy.”

“It’ll give us an excuse to wear the dresses we bought yesterday,” Julie added.

“That does make me a little more excited,” Olivia admitted. “Bam, think you can handle the reservations?”

“Consider it done. I’ll see you ladies in a few hours.”

He left the girls to their prepping-and-primping routine, and Julie claimed the shower first. Olivia had to admit, she was in quite the celebrating mood and was ready to give everyone in Los Angeles the big fat fuck you. Going out for a night on the town was the perfect way to do that. Their long night the night before, though, was catching up with her. She set her alarm for an hour and a half from that time and drifted off to a comfortable, relaxing sleep.

***

“We are so spoiled,” Julie grinned as the limo Bam had ordered pulled up in front of the hotel. He stepped out of the backseat in a neatly pressed suit – that had just the right touch of Bam flair to it. “You look quite handsome, Mr. Margera.”

Bam kissed Julie sweetly on the cheek and helped her in the limo. “You’re too kind. And that blue looks beautiful on you.”

Julie grinned and scooted back into the limo. Bam turned to take Olivia’s hand and smiled at her the way he would smile at a little sister who dressed up and ready for prom.

“Liv, you are beautiful. I know you don’t want to hear this, but Knoxville would be eating his heart out.”

Olivia gave him a sad smile. “Thanks, Bam.”

He helped her into the limo as well before slipping in next to Julie. He told the driver where to go, then poured each of the girls a drink.

“I didn’t know you had this much class,” Julie teased.

Bam rolled his eyes but couldn’t seem to stop himself from kissing her cheek again. “You’re adorable when you think you’re funny.” He lifted his glass. “Ladies, this is to a fucking victorious day.”

“There’s that mouth,” Julie commented.

“Keep up that attitude and this mouth will –”

“I’m begging you not to finish that sentence while I’m around,” Olivia interrupted with a laugh. “To one fucking victorious day.”

They all clinked their glasses together before downing their drinks. The trio made small talk then until the driver announced they had arrived. The restaurant’s valet opened the door for them, and the three of them stepped out. A couple of paparazzi were hanging around and snapped pictures, but they didn’t care; this was their night to celebrate.

The meal was excellent, as was the conversation and the drinks. Olivia was more tipsy than she thought she would be by the end of the meal, but she was still feeling good.

“Anyone up for raiding the mini-bar back at the hotel?” she offered.

Bam’s laughter slowly died down and he tried to signal with his eyes to Julie what he had just seen. Julie glanced around just enough for Olivia to notice.

“Yeah, Liv. Mini-bar sounds good. Why don’t we let Bam take care of the check and you and I can wait in the limo? It’s a shame not to get as much time in it as possible, right?”

Olivia frowned. “Why are you two being so weird all of the sudden? Oh shit. You’re going to go off and get it on and leave me in the hotel room by myself when we get back there, aren’t you?”

“Unless you prefer we do it while you’re there,” Bam said, still watching around them.

Olivia frowned. “You’re full of shit. What’s really going on?”

Her eyes followed the line of sight both Bam and Julie seemed to be trained on; when she spotted Johnny, her jaw fell a little bit. Frantically, she tried to stand up from the table; she wanted out fast so as to avoid any possible scenes. Try as she did, her attempt at a hasty exit caused the plate and silverware in front of her to fall off the table, followed by her empty wine glass. Everything crashed to the ground, catching Johnny’s attention.

Olivia didn’t care if Bam and Julie were behind her or not; she went out to the front of the restaurant and asked the valet to hail a cab for her.

“Busy night, miss,” he replied. “Going to be a couple of minutes. Would you rather wait for your friends and the car?”

“Whichever is quicker,” she answered.

Her foot tapped impatiently while she waited; the limo would have to go around the block because of one way traffic and didn’t seem any quicker than hailing a cab. Both Bam and Julie were still nowhere to be seen, and Olivia couldn’t imagine why.

“Livvy.”

The sound of that nickname in his voice broke her heart all over again. Sucking back the tears, she turned to face him.

“Knoxville.”

Johnny swallowed. “I got your message.”

“You’re not supposed to be talking to me.”

“Bam and Julie said you know about Charlotte.”

Olivia shook her head; the tears weren’t going to stay at bay much longer. “I can’t do this with you, Johnny. We’re not supposed to be talking to each other. Let’s just leave it at that.”

The limo arrived right on cue, as did Bam and Julie. She got in the limo with them, but Johnny caught the door just before the driver closed it.

“I miss you, too, Livvy.”

With that, the driver asked him to step away. Olivia caught a brief glance of Charlotte behind Johnny before covering her face with her hands in an attempt to hide her tears as the limo pulled away from the curb.