Sequel: Honest
Status: Completed.

Never Crossed My Mind

Some Things All Find a Way to Get Told.

The morning sun shone in through the window, rousing Olivia from a somewhat comfortable sleep. Although she hadn’t tossed and turned, she still felt like she hadn’t slept well. Her eyes slowly opened and she realized she was in her own room.

“Ah, that would be why,” she mumbled to herself.

It had been three weeks since she and Johnny had agreed to give being in a relationship a shot. They’d done really well about hiding their affections, going back to their flirting on set but keeping everything else just between the two of them when they were in private.

Olivia crawled out of bed and giggled as she thought of the few stolen kisses at the Dickhouse office. Steve-o had nearly caught them on one occasion when what was supposed to be a quick kiss turned into a heated make-out session on Johnny’s desk. Fortunately, he yelled down the hall before entering the room, so they were able to separate without getting caught or even looking suspicious.

She’d spent every night in his bed up until the night before when instead of taking the party out to a bar after filming on location that day, everyone had brought the party back to Knoxville’s place. It was difficult, not having the time to spend together, but there would be more time to come, especially if things kept going so well.

Today was the day she got to pick Julie up from the airport. Her cousin had managed to finagle ten days off of work to spend in Los Angeles, and she was really looking forward to catching up in person. Olivia hurried through the shower, dressed, and then headed down to the kitchen for some coffee.

“Good morning, sunshine,” Johnny greeted. “How’d you sleep?”

Olivia shrugged. “Not bad, I guess. A little out of routine, I guess.”

“Yeah, same here,” he agreed. “Preston and Wee Man took off but Dave, Ehren, and Bam are still here.”

“Where’s Steve-O?”

“He left last night when we all passed out. The joys of being sober, I guess.”

“I’ve got to go pick up Julie in a little bit. I was thinking maybe you could take me since I don’t really want to get lost, and I hate driving anyway.”

Johnny smirked at her, knowing full well she didn’t care about getting lost or driving. “Yeah, that’s fine. So you’ll go to the office today, then?”

“Probably. I don’t want to overwhelm her right away. Plus, I do my stunt in a couple days. I feel like I should breathe easy to prepare.”

“Have you been practicing?”

Olivia shrugged. “As much as I can for something like that, I suppose.”

“Well, I’m going to shower and get ready, then we’ll head to the airport.”

“All right.” Olivia sat at the table sipping her coffee, and Johnny looked around before leaning over and kissing her quickly.

“Good morning,” he smiled.

“Good morning,” she replied with a smile to match his.

"Morning fuckers," Dave greeted, just after they parted. "What the hell happened last night?"

"We got drunk," Olivia answered. "Don't worry, Darf never showed up."

"Thank God for that. What are you up and ready to go for?"

"Well, work later on. My cousin Julie is flying in for the next week or so and Knoxville is driving me over to pick her up."

"Is she hot?"

Olivia wrinkled her nose. "She's my cousin."

“She can’t be hot because she’s your cousin?”

“Look, you’ll meet her and then you can decide if she’s hot. I don’t know if I really want y’all hitting on my cousin though, that’s weird.”

“We hit on you,” Dave replied.

“You guys never hit on me!” she disputed incredulously. “Name one time.”

“Let’s not deny that Knoxville hits on you like twenty-four-seven, but you hit back so it’s okay.”

Olivia rolled her eyes. “Whatever.”

“Everything else you just kind of dismiss like you don’t realize. What if I said I was hitting on you now?”

“Dave, you’re an idiot.”

“No, I’m serious. Let’s go out sometime.”

She paused. How did she explain this without seeming like the bad guy? She couldn’t very well tell Dave that she was seeing someone. “Dave, I -- it’s just that, I don’t think -- well, actually -- see, the thing is …”

“Hey, you ready to go?” Johnny asked, suddenly appearing.

“Yeah, just let me grab some shoes.” Olivia hurried away from the awkward situation, grateful for a chance to escape.

“What was that about?”

Dave laughed. “I asked her out and she started stuttering around and everything, it was so funny. I wasn’t even serious, but you should have seen the look on her face.”

Johnny laughed along with him, but inside he was a little worried. Someone else asking Olivia out had never occurred to him. He had to admit to a little bit of jealousy.

“I’m ready,” Olivia told him, eyeing Dave carefully.

“Liv,” Dave said.

“Yeah?”

“I was kidding.”

Olivia burst out with laughter. “You dick! I felt really horrible.”

“I can’t believe you were going to say no,” Dave teased.

She stuck her tongue out at him, and then followed Johnny out to the car. Dave fixed himself a cup of coffee and was soon joined by Bam, watching the couple out the window.

“So you think they’re dating?” Bam asked.

“They’re absolutely dating,” Dave said. “You should have seen the look on her face.”

Bam shook his head and laughed. “I fucking knew it. I think it’s funny that they think they’re hiding it.”

“They’ve never been able to.”

***

“So that was more or less the most awkward situation ever,” Olivia said, referring to Dave’s fake request to take her out.

“What were you going to say?”

Olivia gave him a pointed look. “Well I wasn’t going to say yes.”

“I know,” Johnny smiled. “I meant how were you going to turn him down?”

“I was on the brink of the whole, ‘I don’t date people I work with.’ bit.”

“If they only knew. How long do you think we should wait to tell them?”

“Maybe a couple more weeks? I think things are going really well, but I just don’t want to tell them, and then have everything go south.”

“I understand,” he replied, taking her hand. “Does Julie know?”

“Julie knows. She also knows not to say anything.”

“All right.”

He squeezed her hand a little tighter and navigated towards the correct terminal. Olivia went inside while he circled around. The crowd wasn’t too busy, but it still took a couple of minutes to find Julie.

“You’re here!” Olivia exclaimed, hugging her cousin tightly.

“I know,” Julie replied just as enthusiastically. “I’ve got my bag so we can go.”

“Okay, Johnny was circling around, so we’ll see if he’s out front.”

They had to wait for a little bit, but soon enough the black SUV pulled up to the curb and they loaded Julie’s bag into the back. Olivia climbed in the front and Julie in the seat directly behind her.

“So, now you’re meeting in person and not via webcam,” Olivia said. “Julie, Knoxville. Knoxville, Julie.”

“Nice to meet you for real,” Julie smiled. “I can’t remember the last time I met a boyfriend of Olivia’s.”

“Very funny,” Olivia replied.

“Speaking of that,” Johnny said. “Ehren definitely called while you were inside. Apparently, Dave and Bam have deduced from Dave’s little joke this morning that you and I are dating, and Ehren wanted to know if it was true.”

Olivia’s and Julie’s eyes both grew wide. “What did you say?”

Johnny shrugged. “I told him they needed to find better things to do with their time.”

“Not a direct answer either way,” Julie said. “I like it.”

“Yeah, let’s just hope it works.”

“So, Jules, you think you’ll keep it in your pants while you’re here?” Olivia asked.

“Well, you know me.”

Johnny looked at Olivia questioningly. “What is she like the family --”

“Don’t say it!” Olivia ordered. “No. She just likes to party. Sometimes one thing leads to another. Let’s just say she can still count the number of guys she’s been with on one hand.”

“Dude, please seduce Ehren. I’m begging you,” Johnny laughed.

“Seriously, you’re going to just whore out my cousin so Ehren can get laid?” Olivia laughed. “So wrong.”

“Okay, well, it’s obviously your choice Julie, but the man needs to get some. I’m just saying.”
Julie was doubled over in laughter. “We’ll see what happens, I guess.”

***

They spent the uneventful Thursday in the Dickhouse offices, and then joined the guys out on the town. Julie was perfectly in her element, drinking a few of them under the table. Olivia and Johnny both drank, but didn’t get nearly as wasted as Julie.

Friday they spent on set, which was just as much fun as it usually was. Olivia’s stunt had been scheduled for the next day and every time she watched someone get hurt doing their own stunt, she winced.

“Come on, Liv. It’s not going to be that bad. I’ve trained you well,” Bam assured her.

“But how well have I learned,” she wondered aloud.

“You could always wuss out,” Ehren told her.

“And be like you? No, thanks.”

“He’s not so bad,” Julie defended. Olivia turned to her cousin and raised a brow, but Julie just shrugged, trying to hide a smile. Olivia saw right through it; regardless of Johnny’s request, Julie was actually taking interest in Ehren.

After filming for the day, they made plans for a big Friday night. Olivia opted to stay in and work herself up for the next day, and, trying not to be suspicious, Johnny made an appearance before heading back to the house. Julie assured the both of them that she was fine out with the group.

“Behave yourself,” Olivia warned with a smile.

***

Olivia stood out by the pool and sighed. Her big stunt was the next day and while it wasn’t the most dangerous in the history of Jackass, it was certainly the riskiest thing she had ever done.

Johnny stepped outside with her, rubbing a hand over her back. “You know Livvy, you can still change your mind. You might catch some shit for it, but no one’s going to really hold it against you.”

“No, I want to do this. I mean, I don’t want to do this, I actually have a really horrible feeling about it, but I’m going to do it. I’m going to prove to myself and everyone else that Olivia Moore isn’t just about work.”

“You’ve already proved that just by being with me,” Johnny reminded her. “You could save yourself the risk and just tell everyone we’re together.”

She turned to him and saw the smirk on his face. “I’m doing this, Knoxville. And, as soon as I successfully pull it off, I’m going to tell everyone that we’re together.”

“What if you don’t pull it off?”

Olivia went up on tiptoe to kiss him. “Then we’ll figure it out.”

“So you’re saying you’re ready to tell everyone?”

“That’s what I’m saying.”

Johnny grinned. “I feel like they probably already have an idea, but now they’ll know for sure that you’re my girl.”

“Shit’s going to get crazy,” Olivia laughed.

“Yes, you’re right.” Johnny pulled her closer to kiss her again, savoring every second that their lips were touching. “So does that mean we can …”

Olivia laughed. “Maybe. We’ll see.”

***

Saturday morning was bright and sunny. Olivia woke up before Johnny for once, and took the opportunity to get up and get dressed, make coffee, and eat a little breakfast. There was already a crew outside setting up for her stunt, and it made her stomach flip a few times.

“You’re crazy for doing this, you know,” Julie said, coming into the kitchen we messy bed head and still in pajamas. “Where’s the coffee?”

“There, and mugs are in that cupboard. Someone had fun last night. When did you get back?”

“I don’t even know. I don’t know how I got in pajamas. Oh, and there’s a man in my bed.”

“There’s a man in your bed?”

Julie rolled her eyes. “We didn’t do anything too naughty, trust me. But, yes, Ehren is in my bed. I don’t remember anything.”

“Then how do you know you didn’t do the naughty?”

“Come on, Liv. We’re girls. We know.”

“Fair enough. You really like Ehren though, don’t you?”

“What’s not to like?” Ehren teased, joining them for some coffee. “Seriously though, don’t worry, Julie. We made out and fell asleep.”

“I’m glad one of you remembers.”

“Funny how you weren’t in the bed when we got back,” Ehren said to Olivia.

“Oh, well, I fell asleep on the couch.”

“I’m sure.” He took a swig of the coffee in his cup and nodded at Julie. “I’ve got to meet the other guys at the office before Liv’s big jump. If you want, you can ride with me.”

“All right. Let me just make myself presentable.”

“I’m going to go wake up the ringleader,” Olivia said, wanting to avoid any further conversation with Ehren about where she’d slept the night before. She had been completely honest when she said she was ready to tell everyone, but she wanted it to be on her own terms.

She shut Johnny’s door behind her and crawled onto the bed. He was still sleeping soundly, and in all honesty, she hated to wake up. Curling up next to him and going back to sleep, avoiding any and all stunts for the day -- now that sounded like a much better plan.

“How do you expect me to sleep with you staring at me?” Johnny mumbled, making Olivia giggle.

“I was being a creeper and watching you sleep. We have to get up. Oh, and Ehren came home with Julie last night. They didn’t do anything, but he is questioning why I wasn’t in my bed. I told him I slept on the couch.”

“Clever girl,” Johnny smiled, pulling on a pair of nearby jeans before laying back on the bed.

“All right, you woke me up, better get out of here. Big day ahead.”

“That’s for sure.” Feeling a little spunky, she threw a leg over him as though she was going to climb off the bed, but instead stayed where she was straddled over his lap. “Maybe more eventful then you think.”

Johnny stifled a laugh and kissed her deeply. “You can’t do this to me in the mornings unless you’re up for being attacked, darling girl.”

In one smooth move, he gripped her thighs and flipped them over so that he was now on top of her. Olivia smiled coyly and pulled him in for a kiss. Her fingers dug into his back, causing him to groan.

“I’m evil, I know,” she whispered.

“You have no idea.”

Olivia pulled off her tank top to reveal a bikini top underneath. Johnny’s hands immediately went to the bare skin of her ribs and abdomen. They hadn’t taken things much further than this in the physical part of their relationship, and he was hungry for as much as she would give.

Her hands had just reached down to undo the button fly of his jeans when the door flew open. Ehren started to announce that he and Julie were leaving, until his mind processed the scene on the bed.

“Oh shit! I knew it! I fucking knew it!” Ehren hurried back down the stairs, anxious to share his news with someone.

“Damn it,” Johnny cursed under his breath, hurrying down the stairs after Ehren. Olivia sat up and covered her face for a moment before also running after them.

“No, this is too good. Dave and Bam have been on to you guys for weeks, and I’m the one to find out for sure! You’ve got to let me call them!”

“Ehren, please,” Olivia pleaded, seeing that Johnny was having no success. “We were going to tell everyone today anyway, I just want to be the one they hear it from. Please.”

His look softened; it was hard to resist a face like that. “You take away all my fun. I swear though, if you don’t tell them today, I get to tell them.”

Olivia gave him a small smile. “Deal. Thanks, Danger.”