Love Is All in the Past

Love Is All In The Past (A Legolas/Aragorn Love Story) Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Frodo decided that he was going to get some rest from the long journey we just went through. I felt the same way so I went to the south side of the tower and pulled my newly acclaimed swords next to me. I wrapped the blanket around me and curled up into the Fidel position.
The stone floor was not the least bit comfortable but it would have to do since it was the only thing up here. I sighed at remembering my queen sized extra soft mattress. I imagined my comforter wrapped around my cold body to warming me up and my 12 pillows. Yeah my 12 pillows so sue me. I had a thing for a lot of pillows and they made me sleep better. Don’t know how but it always made it better for when night came around.
I was just starting to drift off when I heard Frodo stir over to my right. I picked my head up a bit to see that he was awoken by the others talking.

“My tomato's burst!” Merry whined.
“Can I have some bacon?” Pippin asked. I looked over and saw them over a fire cooking something. It smelled extremely good but that fire was anything but good.
“OK. Want a tomato Sam?” Merry asked holding something over the fire.
I sat up in a panic. “What are you doing?” Of course they had to smart butts and answer back. “Tomatoes, sausages, nice crispy bacon.”

Frodo scrambled to his feet. Sam held out a plate saying, “Saved some for you Mr. Frodo”

“Put it out you fools!” He started to stomp on the fire and I cringed at imagining the burning sensation he must have felt doing that, “Put it out!”
“Well that's nice! That's nice! Ash on my tomatoes!” Pippin muttered.
My head snapped up at the sounds of the screeches from the Nazgûl. They had found us. Frodo looked down over the edge that not 2 hours before Aragorn and me were talking. I watched and saw the four Nazgûl glidded towards the Watch Tower. Frodo drew his sword out and I followed suit. I wasn’t going to take any chances with the Hobbits here. My heart was beginning to race and I was starting to panic. What do I do?
“Go!” I yelled at them to run and I decided to take the rear just in case they tried anything funny, like trying to be the hero or something.
We run up to the top of the tower and stood in the middle of the circle of pillars back to back with Frodo in the middle, looking around frantically. Suddenly Frodo stops and looks between two of the pillars. A Nazgûl slowly advances between them and walks towards us. Frodo’s face was a mask of horrified terror. The Nazgûl drew out his sword and held it before its body.
I stood in front of Frodo and blocked him from the Nazgûl’s view. Five more Nazgûl now walked slowly towards the Hobbits, swords held in front of them. It was hard to see them in the dark because of their cloaks and because there was no light to be shined upon them. As they got closer they held their swords out pointed towards the group of Hobbits and me in front of them. The Hobbits, who were walking backwards, tried to keep Frodo from view also as I tried to fight one of the oncoming invasion.
“Back you Devils!” Sam took a swipe at one of the Nazgûl with his sword, who swipes back at him knocking him back into a rock. The other hobbits grouped together as I raised my sword to defend the Hobbits from anymore harm. Funny thing happened though. I was fighting like I’ve done it my whole life! I was actually winning and advancing against one of the Nazgûl.
I saw out of the corner of my eye the Hobbits still trying to defend Frodo. I couldn’t help though since my hands were kind of full at the moment. God where is Strider. In case he was nearby but didn’t know that the Nazgûl were here I yelled out for him as if I was being stabbed. Which in a way I was because the Hobbits have come to be my family and these monsters were hurting them.
“STRIDER!”
A Nazgûl reached forward and threw Merry and Pippin aside as if they were rag dolls. Frodo looked shocked for a moment and dropped his sword and turned to run. He fell in the process and I tried to run to him but the cloaked figure ran in my way and started to slice at me as the other one advanced forward toward Frodo. He groped in his pocket for the Ring I was guessing. I was about to yell at him to not give him the ring but a whisper filled the air. It was whispering to him in Black Speech that we had heard back at the Shire. One of the figures turned towards Frodo and started to walk over to him drawing his sword. Frodo scrambled backwards until he was up against a ruin that was once maybe a wall. The other Nazgûl grouped behind the leader it seemed and Frodo, who I think does not do well under stress, put on the Ring and disappeared just as the one in the front was about to stab him with his sword.
I was scared I’ll admit when Frodo disappeared like that. The Nazgûl in the front reached out for the something in the area Frodo was in and seemed to pause. I took my chances and raced for Frodo’s aid. One of the figures saw this and swung at me with his sword.
He got me.
Right in the arm I might add. I would have thought that it would hurt as it sliced through the skin but no it had to freaking burn as if acid was being poured down my arm. He didn’t slice my arm off but I had a feeling I might need stitches to stop the bleeding.
I started to scream in pain and hold my arm as the agony grew. I was on the floor by then holding my still healing hand when I saw the leader guy stab Frodo, or the air since that was all I could see, in the shoulder reaching out his hand again. He paused as he heard someone shouting.
Strider finally arrived with a burning torch and waves it around the Nazgûl scaring them away from Frodo. Frodo seemed to have remove the Ring yelling out in pain also. I smiled that he was still alive and well yelling and not dead. I crawled over to him and grunted in pain has the burning feeling increased with each thump my heart made. Strider looked over at me but I just motioned with my head over to the cloaked figures. He got the hint and continued to fight them off as Sam got to Frodo.
“Frodo!” he said as he shook him.
Strider was still fight off the Nazgûl who are screeching, with torch and sword. Where did the torch come from? It doesn’t matter anyways Frodo’s hurt and is bleeding to death, think of Frodo.
Strider set aflame to the clothing of the Nazgûl with his torch, scaring them away from the Watch Tower, while all the Hobbits and me huddled around Frodo. From behind him, Strider must have sensed the last Nazgûl and threw the burning torch into its face. It ran away screeching and flailing around. Frodo was still moaning with pain from his wound.
“Strider! Please help him.” I was crying by now because Frodo was turning deathly pale and his breath seemed to cost him an effort.
Strider picked up the broken sword off the ground. “He’s been stabbed by a Morgul blade.” The sword turned to dust and blew away right before our eyes. Woah. “This is beyond my skill to heal. He needs Elvish medicine.” Again with the elves! Strider dropped the sword and picked up Frodo while walking away. He turned back towards me and studied my arm. “You ok?”
“I’m fine. Worry about Frodo, not me. I’m not important.” I said as I ripped a piece of my shirt up to tie around my arm to stop the bleeding. I looked up as I said this and saw Strider hesitate for a moment and nodded.
They ran through the woodland, hearing the screeches of the Nazgûl behind us. The blood loss was taking a toll on me but I was going to have to deal with it. Strider held a torch in one hand and Frodo in the other over his shoulder.
“Hurry!” he yelled behind him as he was followed by Sam, Merry, Pippin, then me. I was slowing down. I guess I never realized how much blood I truly lost. I had a Monte Python moment when the Black Knight yelled at King Arthur saying “Tis nothing but a flesh wound!” when his arms, legs, and bottom torso were gone.
“We’re six days from Rivendell! He’ll never make it!” Sam yelled. Frodo yelled for Gandalf as Strider hurried his pace.
Strider out Frodo down under a couple of statues that looked like trolls. Strider was looking around and the Hobbits were huddled around Frodo.
Frodo gasped for breath and his eyes turned cloudy. Sam felt his forehead and turns toward Strider, “He’s going cold!” I walked over to Frodo almost in a daze from the blood loss and scooped him up in my arms.
“Stay with me Frodo Baggins. You have to fight it, you can’t let them take you away from us. We need you. Sam needs you and we can’t do this task at hand without you.” I whispered in his ear as I used my body heat, or whatever was left of it, to warm Frodo up.
“Is he going to die?” Pippin asked looking very much like he wanted to cry. Strider faced him and said in a matter of fact tone, “He’s passing into the Shadow world. He’ll soon become a Wraith like them.”
Frodo gasped again and I held him tighter. I faintly heard Screeches through the woodland. I held Frodo closer to my body as I continued to talk to him hoping he was going to pull through this.
“They’re close!” Merry stated as he looked out into the woods. Strider asked Sam if he knew anything of the Athelas Plant. Sam repeated him looking confused for a moment.
“Kingsfoil.” Strider said finding a different name. “Kingsfoil, aye, it’s a weed.” Sam answered looking up at Strider.
“It may help slow the poison Hurry!” They disappeared into the woods but I saw a shadow moving towards Strider while he was bent down over something. I drew my sword as I realized that the figure put their sword to his throat. Before I could even stand the figure was moving towards Frodo and I and it seemed a sort of light was glowing around her.
I was instantly jealous at her beauty and saw she had pointed ears. Figures she’s an Elf. I saw Strider glance at her more then was necessary and found love written all over his face. I grunted as a wave of pain slid through my whole body. And it wasn’t jealousy I swear!

“Frodo I’m Arwen. Telin le thaed. Lasto beth nin. Tolo dan na galad. (I am Arwen. I have come to help you. Hear my voice. Come back to the light). Did I just understand what she said? She spoke in Elvish right? Or am I losing my mind? Frodo gasped and I felt tears go down my face as I realized that he may not make it.

“Who is she?” Merry questioned. Good question but now’s not the time.
Strider joins her, as Arwen mops Frodo's brow. Strider chews up some of the Athelas.

“She's an elf!” Sam stated. Nah really? I never noticed. Arwen pulled back Frodo’s shirt to reveal the nasty looking wound. I cringed at the sight of it as the she elf said he was fading.

Strider puts the chewed Athelas into the wound. Frodo gasps at the contact. Strider did the same for my arm but I turned my head so he wouldn’t notice my eyes start to tear up even more. I never cried like this before so this was uncomfortable for me.
“He's not going to last. We must get him to my father.” She said as she stood up to get her horse. Strider lifted up Frodo and followed her.

“I've been looking for you for two days. There are five wraiths behind you, where the other four are I do not know.” She said as she got her horse ready.
“Where are you taking him?” I gasped for breath as I reached for Frodo since I was still sitting on the ground. They ignored me and continued on with their conversation but it went on in Elvish. I understood every last word spoken and I didn’t know how either.
“Dartho guin perian. Rych le ad tolthathon.” Strider said as he placed Frodo upon the horse. That couldn’t be easy considing it was a BIG horse. (Stay with the Hobbits. I will send horses back for you.)
“Hon mabathon. Rochon ellint im.” (I’m the faster rider. I’ll take him.)
“Andelu i ven.” (The road is too dangerous)
“What are they saying?” Pippin asked as we looked on. I told him what I heard being said, that Strider wants to take Frodo because the road is dangerous and that she’s refusing. The Hobbits looked at me funny. “What? I don’t understand how I know either so don’t give me that look.”
“Frodo fîr. Ae athradon i hir, tur gwaith nin beriatha hon.” (Frodo's dying. If I can get across the river, the power of my people will protect him.) Arwen continued. I was getting slightly annoyed that their sitting there having their petty little lovers spat while my friend was sitting on the horse ready to go but couldn’t because he was DYING.
“I do not fear them.” She spoke in english this time.
Strider took a hold Arwen's hand and held it tightly. “Be iest lîn.” (As you wish.) Arwen mounts her horse behind Frodo who is still having trouble breathing.

“Ride hard. Don't look back.” He said one last time as she took off on her horse away from us. I was crushed because Frodo was like my best friend in the few short days that I have known him.
“Noro lim, Asfaloth, noro lim!” (Ride fast, Asfaloth, ride fast) were the last words I heard as she disappeared in the trees.

“What're you doing? Those wraiths are still out there!” I shouted as best I could. I couldn’t stay focused since everything was spinning. I layed down on my back and took deep breaths trying to calm myself and slow down my heart before I went into cardiac arrest.
“Strider!” I heard Sam yelling. Next thing I knew I see a pair of brown eyes looking down at me worried. “Why didn’t you say anything Katelyn!?!” Strider asked as he lifted me up unto Bill. I mumbled something about not as important again and slouched forward. I was slowly drifting off into darkness but Strider wouldn’t let me. He kept shaking me awake and yelling but his voice was muffled. I closed my eyes not knowing if I would wake up again but I was content. Maybe my job here was over? I helped stopped those Wraiths from totally doing Frodo in right? I felt a large hand brush my hair out of my face and I slowly lifted my eye lids. They seemed to weight as much as a brick each. Strider was looking down at me and saying something that I didn’t catch. I was about to ask what it was when I just couldn’t keep my eyes open any more. I closed them but not before noticing Strider looking panicked. The last thing I felt was the Hobbits around me and Strider taking my hand in his. After that I went into a dream like state where I was going with Frodo and Arwen. I was watching as I saw her starting a sort of chant to get the Wraiths away. She was on a river bank just standing there as the Wraiths advanced towards her.
“What are you doing? Run you stupid elf!” I was shouting at her but its only a dream anyways. She can’t hear me even if I wanted her to.

“Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer,
Rimmo nin Bruinen, dan in Ulair!
(she closes her eyes) Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer,
Rimmo nin Bruinen, dan in Ulair!”

(Waters of the Misty Mountains
listen to the great word;
flow waters of Loudwater
against the Ringwraiths!)

The water level starts to rise. And suddenly a great wave comes from upriver crashing into the wraiths horses. I noticed that it looked like white horses appearing in the great wave and chase the wraiths, flooding them and taking them away.
“No! Frodo! No! Frodo don't give in, not now.” Arwen said as she laid him down on the bank. Oh my God Frodo no please stay wake! I stood over him and put my arms around me. Frodo was looking in my area and staring but his eyes were starting to look as if he was going blind. “Frodo please stay awake, you have to. You can’t die, I won’t let you die!” I was trying to convince myself more than him. Maybe if I wished hard enough he would be able to go. I held onto my lucky necklace and started to talk to myself. I closed my eyes as I saw Arwen started to cry and pull Frodo towards her. Oh no. No no no!
I looked up at the sky and tried to hold my tears back. I turned away and started to walk down the river bank. I heard Arwen speaking to Frodo but I just shut it out. Maybe I’ll wake up and all of this will be over.

“What grace has given me, let it pass to him. Let him be spared.” She murmured.
I looked over to them and started to see that my dream was fading. I was sad that Frodo died in it. Is that what my subconscious thinks is going to happen? He’s going to die? Or am I just that nervous? My dream was dissolving as I was sent into a spiraling pit of darkness. At least there was no fire eye or scary things. I was content and felt at peace. I wonder if this is death? It’s nice, No wonder people commit suicide. My last thoughts were filled with things I never got to do when I was alive.