Inamorata

“Who would’ve thought I’d end up like this?” Samantha asked as her eyes fluttered up to the stars. “Lying in the back of a pickup truck in the middle of the night with some guy I met in a supermarket.”

Our laughter rang out in the otherwise silent night, yet in my mind I agreed. I never would have imagined, never in my wildest dreams, that I would be lucky enough to be holding such a beautiful creature in my arms like this. It was surreal, and I felt a constant need to remind myself that this wasn’t all a fantasy.

Glancing down at her, I took her chin delicately in my fingertips, stating seriously, “I’m going to kiss you now.”

“Without even asking my permission?” Samantha laughed softly, tangling her fingers in my own. “Not very chivalrous, now is it?”

“Fine, your Highness. Am I allowed to kiss you?”

For a long moment she was silent. She made a strong point to look away from me, biting her lip, and she was so quiet I felt she might actually reject me. Then, with bright blue eyes she looked back at me with a stare that never failed to leave me breathless, whispering, “Yes.”

With that, I finally closed the distance between us, pressing my lips to hers as I had been desperate to do for so long. And that was all it took for me to realize the truth.

I was hopelessly in love with Samantha Forbes.

Sam||Lucas
  1. Une