Memories of a Lifetime

I held her first. I loved her first.

Tonight’s the last night I’m going to be laying next to Kyle for 24 hours. Tomorrow I’m going to my best friend Sarah’s house and then Saturday, I’m getting married. I’m getting married, wow. I never though I would say that at 20-almost-21.In two days I was becoming Mrs. Tori Elizabeth Burns. I felt the body next to mine shift then I heard my fiances voice.

“Baby, what are you thinking about at 3:30am?” He said.

“The night you proposed to me.” I said

I don’t know why it was so important I had to go to tonight’s show. I never went to the other ones. Kyle had begged me for a week to come, so I finally broke down and said yes. Right now, Sarah is pulling me on stage because the guys are determined to get me out there.

“VICTORI ELIZABETH ARTERBURN, PLEASE GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE, OR I WILL YOU MY GINGERY AWESOMENESS AND HUNT YOU DOWN. THIS IS MAJORLY IMPORTANT AND IF YOU DON’T COME OUT HERE, THE NIGHT IS RUINED. KA-PEESH?” Caleb screamed into his mike. I laughed at him and finally gave into them trying to get me out there.

“FINALLY!” Kyle sighed coming around the drums.

“Take it away, man.” Jonathan said handing him a mike. Kyle looked at me sheepishly before talking to the crowd.

“As you all know, this is my amazingly beautiful girlfriend of 4 years, Tori Arterburn. And if you don’t mind. I have a rather important question to ask her, Dallas. So do you mind if I stop the show for a moment?” he said. They screamed.

“That’s good, because you really didn’t have a choice.” he said, before he turned around to look at me.

“Please don’t hate me for this” He whispered in my ear. I watched him carefully as he got down on one knee.

“Victori Elizabeth Arterburn. I have known you since the time I was a week and half old. We grew up together, and you have made my life a living hell sometimes. But I love you. You’re the best thing that could ever happen to me. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to father your children. Ugh, what I’m trying to say is. Tori, Will you marry me?” he said. I laughed at him.

“Yes. Kyle. I will. Now finish your show so I can go home” I said. He stood up and gave me a kiss causing the crowd to aw. I walked off stage and did the whole “Jump and squeal” thing with Sarah. Caleb noticed and gave us a look. I rolled my eyes. I walked up to him and whispered in his ear to tell Kyle I went on home. He nodded and I left followed by Sarah who was skipping in her almost-to-little-kid-like converse.

“I can’t believe you’re getting married.” She said. Me either.


Kyle had fallen back asleep a little bit ago and now I’m sitting here thinking about when me and Sarah went to get out dresses and shoes for the wedding.

Sarah had had way too much coffee this morning and was running aroung the dress shop.

“So Victori, what colors did you and Kyle decide on,” the fitting lady asked me.

“We’re do a “Always Black and White” theme. Everything is going to be black and white” I said.

“That’s the first I’ve hear of that.” she said. I nodded. It didn’t take me long to find my dress and get Sarah’s maid of honor dress along with my bridesmaid dresses. Now came the hard part, trying to get Sarah to wear heels in the wedding.

“NO! I’M NOT WEARING HEELS! ITS BAD ENOUGH I HAVE TO WEAR A FUCKING DRESS!” She screamed at me in the shoe store. I sighed and found some black converse with purple laces.

“Oh! Pretty!” she said taking the shoe from me to try it on. I found my shoes fairly easy and Sarah started laughing when I almost fell in them.

“This is why I don’t wear heels” she said.

“Shut up, Sarah.” I said. She grinned before paying quickly. I tried to hold in a laugh as she ran out to the car.

“Remind me to never let my best friend help me plan my wedding again.” I said.

“Oh, you’re getting married? Who’s the lucky guy and what’s the date?” the lady said.

“Kyle Burns. He plays drums for Forever the Sickest Kids. And we’re getting married July 23rd.” I said.


Today was the day. The day I was getting married to the love of my life. In about 45 minutes, I was going to Mrs. Burns. Sarah is finishing my make-up while my aunt finished my hair. Sarah somehow managed to pull the whole Converse thing off.

“Are you ready?” my uncle said, coming in about 40 minutes later. I nodded and took his hand. I took a deep breath as was started our slow descend down the aisle. I looked up and saw Kyle staring at me, with tears in his eyes. I smiled at him before my uncle handed me off to him.

The whole church was quiet except for the fussing of Ali in the background as me and Kyle said our vows and shared our first kiss as husband and wife. He gave me his giant grin as we walked out of the church hand in hand.

The reception was beautiful, as we expected – as we had my cousin’s ex-best friend decorate the ballroom. There’s supposed to be a father-daughter dance and my dad didn’t even have the guts to show up at my wedding so my uncle gladly took his place as we danced to I Loved Her First by Heartland. After our dance, I danced with my husband to Thunder by BoysLikeGirls. At the last word, he kissed my lips..

[[>>>]]

Kyle and I sat on our in the new house we’d just bought. 15 month old Cameron was fast asleep on her fathers lap.

“What are we going to do Kyle?” I asked, staring at the pink plus sign in front of us.

“Work it out just like we did with Cameron, I suppose. We can do this, we haven’t hurt her yet. But I do know on thing” he said.

“And what’s that?” I said.

“We need to stop using the rhythm method for birth control.” he said. I held back a laugh.

“I agree. I really don’t want to end up being the next Duggar family. I think two or three will be enough” I said. He nodded.

“Hey Tori?” he whispered.

“Yeah?” I said, lifting Cameron away from him so I could put her in her room.

“I love you” he said.

“I love you too” I said. Giving him a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tori's Concert Wear
Sarah's Concert Wear
Sarah's Wedding Wear
Tori's Wedding Wear

AWH, It’s over. Lol. I might write a sequel about them raising their kids. :D Because I just kind of left you off finding out they’re having a second child. Thank you to Sarah(AllTimeLizz) for yelling at me until I finished this. :D and please please please please comment becaust I worked really hard on it!

oh and sarah says this sounds a lot like her Jack Barakat story. So go read it. x)