The Way Home

Five.

Leave it to my lovely stepmother to make me take my dad to get a dress for the new acoustic CD’s release party.
“How about this one?” he said, holding up a piece of purple fabric.

“Right color. But I’m not a slut, like Lizzy here.” I nudged my now un-pregnant cousin who had six month old Jasey and Dillan in their stroller.

“VICTORI ELIZABETH!” she slapped my arm. I grinned,

“I’m just kidding. You know I’m just kidding.” I said.

“Maybe Lyn-Z and Alicia should have come. I’m not good at this.” he said, right as the girls walked in.

“Gerard, are you trying to make my baby a slut?” Lyn-Z said.

“No!” he said.

“No, I already told him I wasn’t.” I said.

“Gerard, go do something with the guys. Let us take care of this” Alicia said. My dad left the store awkwardly.

With the help of my mom and aunt, me and Lizzy found our dresses fairly easy. Lizzy’s was a deep purple and mine was dark navy blue color. After stopping for something to eat, we went home to get ready. Lizzy and Garrett were leaving Dillan and Jasey for the first time tonight. I had offered to watch them while they got dressed. Jasey was sitting in her walker making gurgling noises at Dillan. I didn’t want any of these things anytime soon, that was for sure, but for Lizzy and Garrett, I would babysit.

The party went amazing, and I was sitting outside on a bench with some random guy who was talking on the phone – well more like fighting. Once he’d hung up, he looked at me.

“S-s-Sorry about that” he said.

“It’s okay. I hear it all the time. Tori Way, nice to meet you” I said.

“Kyle Burns. You related to My Chem?” he said.

“Uh, yeah. My dad’s the singer and my uncle’s the bass player.” I said. He nodded.

“Doesn’t Mikey have a daughter too?” he said.

‘Uh, yeah. Lizzy. She’s around here with her husband, I suppose.” I said.

“I really have to go, but I’d love to hang out with you tomorrow. Will you meet me at the park at 11?” he said.

“Sure.” I said. I sat outside for a few more minutes before my dad found me.

“Hey, you okay?” he said.

“Yeah. It’s just. In a couple weeks I’m turning 18, Dad. Mom will be gone 7 years in April.” I said.

“Your mom meant the world to me, Victori. She gave me the one thing I didn’t know could fix my life, you.” he said.

“I’m tired, I think I’m going to go back to the hotel” I said. He nodded and I started towards the hotel.

I didn’t tell anyone what exactly happened that night after I got to the hotel, but I’m sure Lizzy figured it out when she came in the next morning to find the blonde haired boy in my bed with me. I knew she wasn’t going to tell when she woke us up and snuck Kyle out the back way, after I promised I’d meet him at the park.

After I’d gotten dressed, I walked into the kitchen area and kissed my dad’s cheek.

“Why are you dressed so early?” he said. It was 10:30, so I rolled my eyes.

“It’s not early. And I’m meeting someone today” I said. He nodded before I stuck my phone in my pocket and left. Kyle met me right outside the hotel and attacked my face with kisses.

“I wasn’t too rough with you last night, was I?” he asked. I smirked.

“Who said I didn’t like it rough.” I said. His eyes widened as I laughed and looked him in the eye.

“You were fine Kyle, now before you say anything else, shut up and kiss me” I said and pressed my lips to his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tori's Party Outfit
Lizzy's Party Outfit
Tori's hangin with Kyle outfit

Anyway, this is really short. I know D:
But I had writers block ;D
Guess what happens next.
I won't be able to update until after next week, cos I'm going to Gatlinburg. :D

-Tori