Status: This is a new story that I'm just starting it's based off of a kinda recent experience with some supernatural thrown in

Never to be Forgotten

Chapter 5: Chassie

I don't live to close to town, but I don't look like a towns person either. But, even I knew that the guy that brushed against me and the little one with him didn't belong here anymore then I did. I smelt the smell of open air on him a smell no normal person would've been able to smell. I could tell he knew I wasn't normal just as I knew he wasn't normal. I could tell, I didn't need the strange men's words. I could see it in just the way he walked, the way he carried himself. He seemed to command attention.

I also knew he was trying avoid "The Scientist" just as I was. But, after that knife throwing guy I had suddenly lost my appetite for anything. This is why I don't go into town, why I hate living like this. If I knew anything, it was I couldn't trust anyone just my instincts, and right now they were telling me that I needed to get out of there. So, I did exactly that. I turned and walked out, I needed time to think. I walked out and slipped into the alley way, and looked around to see if anyone had seen me and teleported onto a kinda highbuilding roof.

The first thought that popped into my head was that poor kid. It's hard enough for me to live this way, and I'm fully grown. But to be a kid and live like this? It's unthinkable. Then again, I was ten when I had to start living like this, and he can't be much younger.

Then my thoughts turned to the older boy with him. Damn, I can barely take care of myself much less another person. He probably can't keep this up long. Maybe, I should offer to help. I sighed. How could I help them when I can barely help myself? Would they even want it? If their anything like me they won't trust anyone, but themselves because of what's been done to them.