Status: This is a new story that I'm just starting it's based off of a kinda recent experience with some supernatural thrown in

Never to be Forgotten

Chapter 6: Lucas

I breathed out lightly rubbing my temples. Jon was beside me and looked worried. I shook my head to him ,but all he did blink, unconvinced. He looked out at the ocean since we were under the docs. There was allot of garbage and it smelt like salt which made my nose itch ,but it was warmer then an alley. The sun was setting and I was tired from walking among the humans. Closing my eyes ,even for an instant, tempted me into sleep.

"Lucas, what if the crabs pinch out noses when we sleep?" Jon asked now poking a crab with a stick.

"Then it'll hurt, probably," I told him half smiling.

"I don't want to get pinched though," he told me as the crab took his stick heading into the water," Hey!"

I laughed watching him chase the crab into the water. Sitting down against the dirt wall that dropped off from the city to the beach, I began to think of where we should go from here. I wasn't completely sure, they were getting smarter. That itself worried me. Where were we about to go, we couldn't stay! No, staying was out of the question. I looked up as Jon waded in the water. I shook my head.

"Don't you'll get cold!" I told him as he looked up at me.

"I have new clothes remember?" he said.

"We aren't changing until we leave town," I told him as he pouted.

Suddenly, someone snatched up my bag that rested beside me. I turned fast, to see a porky boy and some slim guy. The porky boy smiled waving my bag in front of my face and I gripped its strap almost jerking him off his feet, my eyes like daggers.

"Hey!" he said as I jerked the bag, this time he fell face first into the sand.

"Let my bag go, or I'll kill you," I whispered as Jon stared at me, wide eyed.

"Lying bastard!" the porky one said ,but I convinced the slim guy.

"I promise I will," I said in a low tone, it made the slim Jim's face go white.

"I don't believe you!" he said standing up pushing me hard ,but I grabbed his wrist, breaking it and he dropped my bag.

"Let's go!" I said, snatching it as the porky boy shrieked in pain.

Jon was on my heels looking sickened ,but I didn't say a word. My eyes shifted as I lifted my head seeing the storm we were heading into. Nothing seemed better to me then the doc right now ,but I wasn't about to head back there. Our feet hit the grass and the forest got dense just as the rain started to pour down. I pulled off my shirt and opened my wings, it wouldn't have made a difference since I tore it earlier and lost my jacket ,but I wasn't about to pass up the chance to have a fire if we could find a dry place to rest.

Using my wing I kept Jon from getting too cold or wet since if could close just around him. I didn't matter right now. I wasn't eight, I wasn't broken, I wasn't scared, I didn't just watch the person my life depends on hurt someone, Jon needed some support.

"Lucas, I see a house," he said half an hour into the forest, rain still pouring down.

There were no roads out here, no paths, now way possible ,but there was a house sitting in front of us, dry as a bone. What the hell?