‹ Prequel: Falling Into Black
Status: Coming Soon!! Seriously. Like...there are 45 chapters in Falling Into Black.

Bleed It Out

Chapter 2

At the train station, Katie found it hard to let Jacob go to get on the scarlet train. She had tried to prepare herself for this, but now that the time had come, she didn’t want to go.

“Katie” Mr. McCoy chuckled as his wife nearly pried Jacob from Katie’s hands. “You have to trust us. Jacob is in excellent hands.”

“I know” Katie sighed. “I’m just going to miss him.”

“He’ll miss you too” Mrs. McCoy said, smiling gently.

“Owl me if you need me. I’ll be home faster than you can say butterscotch” Katie smiled back. The couple nodded.

“Bye, Mum. Bye, Dad” Natalie grinned, giving her parents a hug. “Bye, Jakey” she cooed the last part to the toddler, who giggled happily. “Come on, Katie.”

Katie sighed when she lost sight of her brother in the crowd, causing Natalie to snicker. “What’s so funny?” she asked, confused. The brunette shrugged, struggling not to smile.

“You are. You act like you’re never going to see him again” she stated. Katie rolled her eyes. “But, you have to give your parents props. They made two adorable kids.” Natalie pinched Katie’s cheek playfully, earning a smack to the hand and a glare. Eos the snowy owl chirped in her cage. Katie put her hand in her jacket pocket to pet Rowan, the mini dragon.

-

Again, Sirius searched the crowd for that sweet face and that light gold hair that he loved so much, but, again, he didn’t see her. He was beginning to get anxious because he could find neither Katie nor Natalie.

“Relax, Padfoot” James chuckled, patting the anxious man on the back. “She’s probably already on the train.”

“Yeah, you’re probably right” he sighed, nodding slightly. His head was bowed in a way that prevented him from seeing in front of him, so when he accidentally ran into someone, it nearly knocked both the girl and himself to the ground. His hand instantly reached out to steady her as she stumbled, only to snap it back when a spark shot up his arm.

“Sorry ‘bout that, love” James said for Sirius, who was staring at his hand like it was a traitor. “He’s a bit out of it today.” James grinned at Katie, who chuckled lightly.

“I can see that. Bumping into a girl he doesn’t even know is his girlfriend” Katie tsked, shaking her head. “Bad boyfriend ethics.” Sirius looked up with a frown, only catching the last bit. His eyes then widened as he got a good look at the girl.

“Katie?” he breathed, stunned. Katie grinned.

“Sirius?” she mocked.

“W-wow, you look...I didn’t even recognize...wow” he finally said. And she was. She was absolutely, breath-takingly, stunning. She had matured over the summer, become more beautiful—which he didn’t even think was possible until now. She still had that sweet face, but it was more profined, angular. Her jaw-line was perfectly curved, and her cheekbones were in a much sharper relief due to the shadow on her cheeks. Her hair was longer and wavier than last year, like sunshine the way it shined in the light. Her eyes were the same pale blue, and her lips were fuller and still very, very kissable.

Katie laughed; it was like bells in his ears. “I could say the same thing” she smirked, looking him up and down. “Still incredibly hot, I see”—she winked—“and your hair is shorter.” Sirius put his hand to his hair, feeling uncharacteristically nervous.

“Mrs. Potter cut it” he murmured. Katie smiled warmly, stepping closer to him.

“I like it” she stated, hugging him hard. He found that she was taller, too. Last year, she barely reached his shoulders, but now, he could comfortably rest his chin on top of her head. Granted he was still a head taller than her.

“Hey, hey, hey” James laughed. “I want a hug too.” Katie laughed softly as she pulled away, leaving Sirius to glare at his best friend.

“Hey, Sirius” the brunette grinned. Sirius raised an eyebrow.

“Wow, Natalie” he chuckled. “You’ve changed too.” Natalie shrugged.

“I know” she smirked, flipping her straight brown hair over her shoulder dramatically. “I’m beautiful.” Sirius rolled his eyes, pulling her into a hug.

“Still modest, I see?” he said sarcastically, earning a scoff.

“Me? Never” Natalie grinned.

“Okay. I think it’s time we find Moony and Wormtail” James said loudly. The others nodded, before following him through the crowd. Sirius took Katie’s hand, causing her to smile up at him.

“Where’s Dane?” he then asked once he realized the dog wasn’t with her.

“He went to Hogwarts yesterday” Katie answered. “Don’t ask me how I got him there, but I learned that dogs and soot don’t mix.” Sirius laughed loudly, earning strange looks from everyone within hearing distance. Still laughing, he kissed her temple lovingly.

“God, I missed you” he muttered. “I have so much to tell you.” Katie smiled widely, nodding.

“Me too. But we can tell each other later.” She winked.

-

They found Remus in an empty apartment, nose in a book as usual. The first thing they noticed when he looked up were the fresh scars on his face. His face was a bit pale, and his cheeks looked even more shallow. But he smiled at them.

“Hey, Moony” James grinned, giving him a manly hug. “How was your summer, mate?”

“Brutal” he replied, before Sirius and him hugged.

“Remus, have you been using the necklace and potion I gave you last year?” Katie asked softly. He blinked in shock, looking her up and down.

“Okay, first off, yes I have, but only the necklace. And it works like a charm. And secondly, when did you get so beautiful, Katie?” he asked. Katie rolled her eyes while the others laughed.

“I’m glad it works, but why do you have new scars if it works?” Katie asked as everyone sat down.

“I had lost it that day” he answered. “I’m saving the potion though.”

Katie frowned slightly, vaguely feeling Sirius thread their fingers together. “It should only take a couple drops of the potion” she stated.

“Well you could’ve told him that before” Natalie exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air. Katie winced apologetically at Remus.

“Where’s Peter?” Sirius then asked.

“He went to get something from the snack trolley” Remus said. There was a frantic knocking sound on the door, and outside was someone short carrying a huge mound of sweets. James and Remus quickly stood up to help him.

“Oh, hey” Peter grinned once he could see the two girls.

“Hey, Peter” they chorused, chuckling lightly.

“Wow, I didn’t even recognize you two at first” he puffed, flopping onto the floor. Sirius slid off of the seat and into the floor to help James and Remus sort through all the candy.

“So we’ve been told” Natalie muttered. “Well, more Katie than me, but whatever.” Katie smirked at her, which only made Natalie stick her tongue out at the other girl.

“Oh, one more thing” Peter mumbled around a chocolate frog. He swallowed before continuing. “I passed Lily on the way, and she said for Katie and Remus to get to the Prefect compartment for the meeting.” Katie groaned loudly.

“Dammit. I was praying that Dumbledore wouldn’t select me as Head Girl” she complained.

“I thought Lily was Head Girl” Remus frowned.

“Well, I’m like an assistant of hers. Deputy Head Girl, if you will” Katie shrugged. “Beats me. I thought it was best not to question him.”

“Hey, that means if we get in trouble, you can come bail us out” James grinned widely. Katie and Remus rolled their eyes as they stood.

“You wish, Prongs” Remus said. Katie leaned down to quickly kiss Sirius’ lips. Too quickly for his liking. He pouted, causing her to roll her eyes.

“Later” she promised, before following after Remus. James burst out laughing.

“Dude, you’ve gone soft on us!” he crowed. Suddenly, a licorice wand hit him smack dab in the middle of his face.

“Shut up, stupid” Natalie hissed.

“Don’t call me stupid, stupid!” James retorted.

“Very mature, James” she muttered sarcastically, rolling her eyes. He made face at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was going to describe the Prefects meeting, but then I realized that I have no idea what they talk about.
also, i realized like a bunch of chapters later that James is Head Boy, not Remus. Just go with it.
Sorry it's taken me so long to update. i've been really busy. i love all my readers (silent or otherwise) and i encourage you all to bear with my lateness. X )