Sequel: All My Loving
Status: Alive&Well. Feedback? Please!

Sweet Child O' Mine

tinti.

Grace had been catching up on some of the work she missed when she took her “sick” day. She had a huge performance to do at the end of the year. Each student needs compose and perform a song in front of the music professors. It was kind of like an audition for the next semester. It was a way of weeding out the students who didn't belong. Grace wasn't worried about it too much, she had written this song prior to even attending school and the schooling she has learned is just bettering the song. She sat her keyboard working on the lyrics. Beethoven was sound asleep at her feet.

Her phone began vibrating on her lap, she stopped playing and picked up the phone. The screen read John. She picked the phone up and held it between her head and shoulder, as she continued to play the piano.

“Hello John.” She said.
“Hey Grace.” She stopped what she was doing, annoyed that something was interrupting her.
“You're calling?” She asked.
“Well, jeez, sweetheart, I can't call to see how you're doing?” He chuckled.
“Like I believe that.”
“You're right. What are you craving today?” He asked.
“What does it matter?”
“I want to take you out to eat.”
“Well, since you're offering, I've really been craving pickles with ketchup.” She said, her stomach began to grumble.
“I'll be over in twenty minutes, we can go to this burger place up in downtown Phoenix.
“Okay.”

Grace hung up her phone and stood up, making her way to her bedroom. She peered in the closest for a few minutes before settling on an outfit. She grabbed a burnt orange and maroon plaid button down, dark washed skinny jeans, and her peace sign belt. She quickly changed and exited her room. She pulled on her beige Uggs. It had been almost twenty minutes, so she decided to wait outside for him. After a few moment his all black Ford Focus came into view and pulled in front of her building.

“Hey good lookin, needa ride?” He said as she came closer to the car.

Grace giggled, opening the door and climbing in and buckling herself in.

“So where are we going?” She asked as John pulled away from her building.
“I was going to take you to Gordon Biersch Brewery.” He said, glancing at her for a second before turning back to the road.
“Oh, I've never been there!”
“Well then, it's a date.”
“Really?” Grace couldn't hide her excitement.

She was scared that John was going to be that guy who called her a slut and said the baby wasn't his or that he was just gonna have nothing to do with the baby, but he was complete opposite. John texted her every morning asking how she was feeling, he told her he wanted to go to the doctor appointments and that he wants to get to know Grace, so when they're parenting, even if their not together the kid knows that they don't hate each other in anyway. She couldn't help the small feeling inside her stomach. She was developing feelings for him and being the girl she is, she was hoping he was feeling the same.

“Yes, this is date, Grace.”
“We're doing this backwards.” She laughed.

Her smile to him was unbelievable. It was perfect, her teeth were pristine white and straight. It lit up her entire face. Her laugh to him was perfect too. It wasn't high pitched an annoying or low and funny. It was right between, prefect tone in his ears. He was surprised at the feeling he felt when he thought about her or when he was around her. He had never taken a liking to someone so fast, but then again he was a player. He didn't really have feelings towards girls except the feeling of lust. Which he admits, Grace had been, but now that she was carrying his child, it was a different feeling then he could have for any other girl.

He knew he was going to be part of this child's life whether or not he was going to get to know Grace. Grace had just been the plus in this crazy equation. If he had made this mistake with any other girl, he was sure it would have turned out different. He tended to get with the easy girls and he knew Grace wasn't easy by any means. He felt horrible, he felt like he had taken advantage of Grace that night, but both of them were beyond intoxicated. He wasn't happy about what came to be of that night, but it happened and he was glad that it was with her and not any of the other girls he had slept with in the past.

He pulled into the parking lot of the Brewery and climbed out of the car. He caught Grace's door, just as she was about to get out.

“M'lady.” He said as held open the restaurants door.
“Thank you, good sir.” She giggled.
“Table for two?” The waitress asked as they came in.
“Yeah.” John said.
“Follow me.”

Grace and John followed the waitress through the restaurant until they reached a nice booth in the corner of the room.

“Hey, I'm Karolyn and I'll be your waitress for the night, what can I get you guys to drink?”
“I'll just have water.”
“Is it okay if I get a beer, Grace?”
“Yeah, you don't have to ask me.”
“I'll have a czech.”
“I'll be right back with your beer.”

Grace picked up her menu and began to look through it when she felt someone slide in next to her. She hadn't been paying any attention to John because she couldn't see over the menu. She looked up and saw that John had moved to sit next to her.

“I thought we could look at the menu together.” He said smiling.
“Sure.” She couldn't help but laugh.
“Ooh, I think we should get an starter.”
“Yeah, I was thinking the southwest egg rolls, it sounds so good.”
“Yeah we can get those and you have to try the garlic fries, they're unbelievable.”
“I'm gonna have no room for dinner!”
“You're eating for two, so you best have room to feed my son.”
“You're son? You've already decided that the grain of rice is a boy?”
“It has to be, my family is known for having boys their first pregnancy.”
“Oh is that so? Well I have all girl cousin and I was an only child.”
“We'll see about that.”

They talked more about what they wanted for dinner, Grace was going to get the kobe burger and John decided on cajun fish tacos. They ordered when the waitress came back with his beer.

“So do you want a girl or a boy?” John asked.
“I'd be happy with either.” She said, smiling at the thought of her baby.

It was becoming more real and real everyday. Something growing inside of her, that she was going to give life too. She knew she wanted children in the future, although not this soon. She had names picked out, but since John wants part of it, she knew they had to agree.

“I have a couple names picked out already.” She admitted to him.
“You're a girl, of course you do.” He laughed and she lightly smacked his arm.
“For a girl I like the name Arabella Marie and Taylor May.”
“I like those, what about Bridgette?”
“I like that.”

John leaned over and kissed Grace on the cheek.

“What's that for?”
“You're just really cute.”
“Thanks John, your not so bad yourself.” Grace said patting the top of his head.
“Gee, thanks.” He pretended to pout, so Grace leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.
“Awh, aren't you two a cute couple.” A voice said from behind them.

Grace and John turned to look and it was a tall brunette girl, standing there giving Grace a dirty look.

“Hello Veronica.” He said monotone.
“Hi, John, aren't you going to introduce us?” She asked in a jealous tone.
“Grace this is my ex-girlfriend Veronica, Veronica this is my girlfriend Grace.”
“Oh, well we're not really dating.” Grace said.
“Yeah, well when you're in a relationship with John, you really aren't dating.” She snickered.
“Veronica, why did you even come up to us?” He asked, annoyance dripped into his tone.
“I just wanted to meet the new me.”
“She isn't even close to being anything like you. Now, we'd like to have our privacy back , if you'd like to leave our table.”

Veronica didn't say another word, just turned and left their table.

“She's a bitch.” Grace said.
“Yeah, that's why we're not together anymore.”
“Can I ask what she mean't 'you're really not dating' thing?”
“Grace, I brought you to lunch for another reason, other than me wanting to take you out. Don't get me wrong, I want to take you out on a bajillion more dates, but we also have to talk.”
“Go ahead, spill it.”

Grace was annoyed that this date had ulterior motives, she thought he was taking her out to get to know her. Not to talk about something that seemed important in his eyes only.

“Please don't get upset Grace, I don't want to see you sad at all.”
“I'm not upset, John.”
“Here are your starters guys.” the waitress said, setting down the food. Both John and grace thanked her politely before John spoke again.
“I wanted to take you out to lunch to start getting to know you and all that, but also I wanted to take you so we can talk about me leaving on tour for a couple of months.”

Grace's heart tore a little, although they weren't together and practically just met, she didn't want him to leave her alone. He'd miss doctor appointments and other things. A couple of months in a pregnancy is a long time.

“Oh, you're leaving?” She tried to sound happy for him.
“Yeah, my band has its first headlining tour this summer.”
“Well, have fun! I guess I can Skype you and send you picture messages of my ultrasounds.”
“That sounds like a plan, but are you sure? I can try to work something out, like you can come with us or something?”
“No, John, no.. I don't want to go on tour with you.” She said gently. “I mean, I have to go to the doctor a few times a month, I'm taking summer classes since I'm taking a semester off next year, and that wouldn't be fare to you. You barely know me, I don't want to intrude.

John was semi-glad that she had said no, but he would be a liar if he said he wasn't upset about it either. His attraction for her just grows with every second and he can't seem to get a grasp of it, he's surprising himself.

“Are you sure?” He asked again.
“Positive.” She smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feeeeedback!

Love and thanks to miss Rumorhasit? for the lovely comment.