Sequel: All My Loving
Status: Alive&Well. Feedback? Please!

Sweet Child O' Mine

sambanu.

Grace opened up her laptop as soon as she got let into the doctor's room. It was her 12 week appointment and her first ultrasound. John had been away on tour for almost a week now. He is still texting Grace every morning and calling her every other day to chat and see how everything is going. She had just finished up her spring semester and had a small break before her summer classes started. He had made a promise that they could Skype at every doctors visit until he got home from tour. She plugged in her small internet USB plug and clicked on Skype. As soon as she was signed in, John had already popped up.

“Hey Grace.” He said smiling and waving at her.
“Hey John.” She said returning the favor.
“This is pretty exciting, make sure you turn the mic all the way up, I want to hear everything.”
“It is, I promise.”
“Hello! Miss. Everhart.” The doctor came into the room. “I'm Dr. Adams.”
“Nice to meet you, Dr., this is the father. John O'Callaghan.” Grace said gesturing towards the screen.
“Hello, Mr. O'Callaghan.”

John waved and said hello.The doctor asked her simple questions and then told her what she could and could not consume, that she shouldn't dye her hair and that she needs to take vitamins. She wasn't listening, she was too excited for her ultrasound. John listened to every word the doctor was saying, writing down notes on a pad. He wanted this pregnancy to go smooth for the both of them, even if he wasn't carrying the baby, he was huge part of everything.

“Okay Miss. Everhart, let's check out that stomach.”

Grace hopped up onto the table, she laid back and lifted her shirt. A small bump was beginning to form already, it was still small enough people wouldn't assume she was pregnant, but it was definitely going to be there. The doctor adjusted Grace's computer so John could see the screen. He never saw himself as the fatherly type or even someone who would be this excited about a mistake, but if he had a chance to go back in time and change it, he'd pass. This was the most beautiful mistake two people could make.

The doctor poured some of that jelly they use on her stomach. Grace was instantly cold and started laughing.

“What's wrong, Grace?” John said, sounding worried.
“Nothing, John, I'm laughing, its really cold.” She said.
“Okay, now listen guys.” The doctor said, staring at the screen while he moved the doppler around her stomach.

The room filled with a tiny heartbeat. Tears instantly formed in Grace's eyes. This was the first time she thought it was really real. She couldn't wipe the smile off her face and neither could John. He wished more than anything to be in the room with Grace at that moment.

“Well, we're expecting your due date to be December 22nd. Since this is your first pregnancy, he might come late or early or being perfectly on time. He weighs about 14 grams and is about 3in long. Any questions?”

Grace and John looked at each other and both shook their heads no.

“Well, then you're done for the day, make an appointment with the nurse for three weeks. If you feel anything wrong call me right away. Don't forget to take your prenatal vitamins. Have a good day you two.” The doctor shook Grace's handed and waved to John.

“We heard the heartbeat!” She said excitedly, pulling the laptop into her lap.
“It was the most exciting part of this tour!” He said laughing as Grace giggled lightly.
“Call me later on today when you get into Chicago.” She said.
“Will do, m'lady.” He said, before his screen went black.
Grace shut the laptop and put it away. She made her way to the nurses station and set up an appointment for her 15 week. She thanked the nurse and left.

In her car, she pulled out her phone dialing her mothers number.

“Hey mom, I have some news for you. Can I stop by for lunch?” She asked.
“Yeah honey. See ya soon.”

She drove through Phoenix till she reached Royal Oaks. It was a gated community, McMansions everywhere. Her mother was a well known lawyer in Arizona. She owned her own law firm and it was growing everyday. Grace pulled up into her mothers driveway, turned off the engine and climbed out of the car.

Her mother was at the door before she even reached it.

“Oh, it's so good to see you, Grace.” She said pulling her in for a hug and kissing her cheek.
“I know, it's been awhile. School has been pretty crazy.” Grace said.

They stepped into the house and made their way to the kitchen. The tea pot had started whistling when they entered.

“Perfect timing, have a seat dear, I'll get us some tea.”

Grace took a seat at the long dining room table. Her pictures covered the walls in practically every room. Grace at the zoo, Grace in fifth grade, Grace in the tub. It was quite embarrassing. She use to hate bringing her past boyfriends into the house. Her mom would take them on a muesum tour and show every single picture. It was wonder how her two past boyfriends stayed in her life for the amount of time that did.

Her mom came with the cups of tea and sat down next to her.

“Mom, I either have really bad news for you or really good news, it depends on how you take it.”
“Go on, sweetie, you've never given me a reason to be angry.”
“Well, mom, you're going to be a grandma.”

Her mothers face was painted with confusion.

“Mom, did you hear me?”
“You're pregnant? But how? You're not with anyone.”
“I know mom, it was a mistake, but the father has no intentions of backing out.”
“And who is the father?”
“His name is John O'Callaghan.” Her mother was slightly shocked.
“Oh my! His father works at my firm.”
“Oh, well don't say anything to him. I'm not sure if John has told his parents quite yet.”
“Grace, I'm not disapproving because you had never given me a reason to ever being angry with you and obviously you're handling this quite well. What about school?”
“I'm taking summer classes and the fall semester ends December 12th and my due date is on Dec 22nd. So, I'm going to take next winter, spring and summer off from school and attend again for the fall semester. It seems like everything kind of fell in place.”
“Well honey, I'm not proud that you're nineteen and pregnant, but your much more mature than your average nineteen year old. I'm proud that you're handling this so well and of course you know I will help out with whatever I can.”
“Thanks mom, I'm glad you didn't get mad, I was prepared for the lawyer side of you.”

Her mom giggled, once again pulling Grace in for a hug.

“I'll always be here for you sweetheart, no matter the circumstance.”
♠ ♠ ♠
You met her mom, how cute!

ATTN Readers: I'm going to have a competetion. I want you to comment me with one full boys name and one full girls name (i.e. Arabella Marie O'Callaghan/ Edward John O'Callaghan). Whoever wins my vote will be put into my next story and can choose who it's about. I will not vote until I have at least twenty names to choose from. I'm very indecisive.