Sequel: All My Loving
Status: Alive&Well. Feedback? Please!

Sweet Child O' Mine

seizh

Grace doesn't know what to do, she just reached her twentieth week in her pregnancy and John hasn't spoken to her in at least two weeks. He's officially been gone for two months now and together they were keeping a daily regime of texts and phone calls, but he fell out of touch.

John was enjoying tour more than he imagined. The concerts have been great, the after parties were never ending and the girls never left his arms. He felt guilty that he was hooking up with one girl after another because Grace was back at home, bearing his child. He didn't want to speak to her, knowing that she could find out about all these other girls. Even though they're not dating, John felt like he was betraying her.

Grace wasn't enjoying her summer at all. She's five months pregnant and her lower back was killing her. Her stomach told everyone, “I'm going to be a mom.” She's taking five classes at once and the homework pile is never ending. She's frustrated with herself because she thought she messed everything up and that's why John wasn't speaking with her.

John knew that he needed to call her. Today was her twentieth week doctors appointment and they were going to find out the gender of the baby today. He made his way to the tour bus, climbing up the stairs into the kitchen lounge. He sat down on the couch and stared at his cell phone, his finger hovering above the call button. He pressed it and place the phone to his ear.

“John!” Grace said when she answered his call.
“Hey Grace.” He said.
“Why haven't you called?” Her own curiosity made her ask, even if she didn't want to know why.
John sighed, “We've been in the country, my phone doesn't get good cell signal, but we just got into Chicago.” It was lie, his phone has been working fine, but he didn't want to tell her the truth. He didn't want to hurt her.
“Oh, well I wish I knew that. I was worried I did something to upset you.”

John stayed silent for a minute, he felt horrible for not returning her calls or texts.

“Grace, you have a doctors appointment today right?” He said after his pause in the conversation.
“Yeah, did you want me to bring the laptop so you can be there?”
“Of course, sweetheart, we find out the gender of the baby today.”
“Yeah, I can stop calling the baby, my little bean and finally figure out a name.”
“When are you leaving for the doctors?”
“I was actually on my way out when you called, but now I'm running in to get the laptop.”
“Okay, I'll log on to Skype in a few minutes then.”
“Okay, bye John.”
“Bye Grace.” He shut his phone.

John got up from his spot on the couch and made his way to the bunks. He climbed into his and pulled the laptop out. He booted it up and logged on to skype. A few minutes later, Grace signed on and he clicked on her screen name to open up a conversation.

“I haven't seen your beautiful face in a while.” He said as soon as she appeared on screen. He notice her blushing.
She smiled, “Thanks.”
“Anytime, sweetheart.”

She was in her normal doctors room. They made small talk while they waited for Dr. Adams to come into the room. John noticed that Grace could barely hold her excitement in. He was way excited to find out if he was having a son or a daughter, but Grace looked ready to explode.

Grace was full to the brim with excitement, she already waited twenty weeks and today was finally the day that she was going to find out if she was having a boy or girl. There was a light knock on the door before it opened and Dr. Adams walked.

“Hello Grace. Hello John.” He waved to the computer screen.
“Hey.” They both said in unison.
“Well today is the day for both of you, let's see if “it” is a boy or a girl.”

Grace lifted her shirt above her stomach and laid back on the table/bed. Dr. Adams moved the computer so John could see the ultrasound. He poured some jelly onto Graces stomach and rubbed it around with the doppler. Grace always giggled because it was so cold. John couldn't wipe the smile off his face as he watched everything. A picture came up on the screen of the baby. The baby was craddled right in the middle, the head towards Graces right left side and the feet towards her right. Every ultrasound they got to see more and more of their soon to be child.

“Okay, guys, I found it. You ready?” Dr. Adams said.

Grace looked over to John and they both nodded their heads.

“See right here, he was using the mouse to point towards the babies lower region.”
“We're having a boy!” Grace said, before the doctor could even tell them.

John was speechless, he was having a son. Tears started to roll down Graces face and John couldn't help but let some fall as well.

“Yes, a baby boy.” John said, wiping at his eyes.

Graces smile lit up the entire room, as tears or joy fell down her face.

The doctor went on to talk about how her 3rd trimester was rapidly approaching and what she should and should not be doing. Dr. Adams said his goodbyes and left the room leaving John and Grace to talk for a few minutes before she made her way back home.

“I'm gonna be back in little less than a month.” John said.
“I'm excited your coming home, so you can help me with the nursery at my apartment.”
“I'm excited to come home to you and my son. I can't wait to feel your stomach.”
“Ick. I'm so big now.”
“Oh shut up, you're pregnant, not big.”
“I know I'm pregnant, but I still feel like a hot air balloon.”

There was knock on the door and the nurse came in telling Grace and John that the room needed to be cleaned cause Dr. Adams next patient was here.

“Call me please?” Grace asked.
“I will, I'm really sorry about the last two weeks.”
“Okay John, see you soon.” She blew him a kiss, he pretended to catch with his hand and blew one to her.

John shut his laptop and put it away. He made his way into the back lounge where the rest of his bandmates were playing video games. Tonight was a night off for them and tomorrow was their show in Chicago.

“Guess what guys?”
“YOU FOUND OUT THE SEX YET?” Kennedy yelled, jumping up and down from his spot on the couch.
“We're having a boy!” John said excitedly.

All of his bandmates jumped up hugged him.

“Let's go celebrate!” Garrett said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it took so long. I was working a lot and spending a lot of time outside the house. There will be another update tonight or tomorrow, pinky promise.

Comments? Complaints? Leave them on the comment page.
Please subscribe?

Loveeeee yous!