Sequel: All My Loving
Status: Alive&Well. Feedback? Please!

Sweet Child O' Mine

nova.

Grace and John's relationship was growing stronger everyday. They couldn't stay away from each other. John spent all of his time outside the studio helping Grace with whatever she needs. The relationship with his parents hasn't gotten any easier. They weren't accepting Grace into the family because of the mistake they made. They were being stubborn and not taking the time to get to know Grace. John hadn't spoken to them in over a month because of everything. On the other hand, Graces mom fell in love with John. She has been helping all she can while she's not defending the criminals of Phoenix.

Grace was sitting on her couch, a empty bowl of what was Ben and Jerry's s'mores ice cream was sat on top of her large stomach and Beethoven was cuddled in between her feet. She was watching Half Baked on Comedy Central. She hadn't moved from the couch in over an hour. She just wanted to relax, but it was her baby shower. Julia had been back from Chicago for a month now, she went above and beyond to make this party for her best friend.

John came through her front door, “Sweetheart, are you ready to go?”
“Baby!” She yelled towards his direction, but she stayed put on the couch.”

He came into her living room, placing a kiss on her forehead, “Why aren't you dressed?”
“I didn't feel like moving.” She made a pouty face.
“C'mon, sweetheart, let's get you dressed. You have a party to attend!” He said, taking her hand and helping her off the couch.

She was officially waddling at this point. John always poked fun and called her “his little penguin”. Grace would always smack him on the arm and make a grumpy face towards him.

Grace dressed as quickly as she could, which wasn't quick at all. Her stomach always got in the way of pulling her pants up. Putting on shoes was the worst, for the last month and half she has only been wearing slippers and moccasins.

“You ready to go?” He asked, once she came from her room.
“Yeah.” She mumbled.

She waddled behind John out to his car. He opened the passenger side for her and shut it once she was settled into her seat.

John started the car and took off down the street in the direction towards her mothers. The drive wasn't short, but it wasn't too long either and before Grace realized it, John had pulled into her mothers driveway. He exited the car and ran to her side, opening the door for her and helping her out. They made their way into the house that was already filled with people. John felt anxious. He was the only male there and thats how its suppose to be, but he had Julia invite the rest of his band and Grace was completely fine with that. All of her friends and family members had made. She was overjoyed at the amount of people the came to show their love for her and her son. Gifts were over flowing on the table and floor.

“Everyone, the mother to be has finally arrived!” Julia announced. Everyone crowded Grace, pulling her in for hugs, kissing her on the cheek and saying congratulations. John stayed by her side the whole time receiving all the hugs and kisses as well.

The shower was going great. They had played guess the “poop”. It was an assortment of melted chocolate bars in small diapers. They played guess “How big her stomach is”. Grace thought that was slightly embarrassing, but she had a lot of fun watching everyone trying to guess her size. They played a number of other games. They were about to eat cake and watch her open presents when the door bell rang. Her mother stood up from her spot and crossed the large living room to the front door. She opened the front door and John's mother stepped in. Grace hadn't noticed because she had startd unwrapping gifts, but John noticed and got out of his chair. Grace looked over to see what John was doing and she had finally noticed his mom. John had reached the door before Grace could even stand up.

“What are you doing here?” He asked.
“I was invited and this was the earliest I could get here because of work.” She said.
“You don't support this, that why I'm asking.” Grace had finally made her way over to them.
“John, I want to apologize to both of you for how stubborn your father and I have been with this situation. I wanted to talk in private, but I guess I'm sorry for everything.” His mother blushed deep red with embarrassment because the entire room was quiet.
“I accept your apology.” Grace said shyly.
“Thank you Grace, really, thank you.” She said.
“C'mon, I have presents to open!” Grace said cheerfully.
♠ ♠ ♠
nursery

Comment?
Subscribe?

I still want to get a few names, but I am already typing out the birth chapter.
If I get five names before I post the next chapter, I will post five chapters tomorrow.